Creepy hidden area

Creepy hidden area

in Lore

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

I’m just leave it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPjvXN3DGk4 what you think?

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

Creepy hidden area

in Lore

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

It was originally intended to be a part of the dungeon, there’s a “puzzle” inside that can be accessed through teleport/blink skills. In which you activate a pillar in the center and the room spins, and then you have to pick the right door or something.

it was scrapped, and obviously bits of it were stashed away. That’s really about it.

Creepy hidden area

in Lore

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Yes, I can tell you more about that.

What it is is a series of almost identical rooms, each with a color. Apart from the yellow room, all the other rooms are none functional. The yellow room gives us a clue of how this puzzle was supposed to work.

The player touches a sphere in the center of the room, and the room starts spinning. When it comes to a halt, various pedestals will start lighting up in a random order. The player must pay attention, and then activate the shrines in that order, and then spin the room again, to open the correct door (all the other doors are dead ends, which look like endless hallways).

If you do get the correct door, it leads straight to the exit (in the other rooms it may have taken you to adjacent rooms, if they were functional). By default, the first time you spin the room, it will automatically land on the exit, as long as you haven’t fiddled with the pedestals yet. Currently, the exit teleports you straight back to the start of the dungeon, and gives you two minor buffs. These last for quite a while actually.

I suppose these were meant to be a puzzle for Caudecus Manor at some point, and it is a shame it never got finished.

There’s also a small joke in this puzzle. One of the dead ends in one of the rooms, has a small hatch in the ceiling, from which a small cat pops up. Yes, it’s ceiling cat. They actually went there.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Creepy hidden area

in Lore

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

It’s too bad that they blocked it off. I would’ve liked to explore it.

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

Creepy hidden area

in Lore

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

It’s too bad that they blocked it off. I would’ve liked to explore it.

There’s some tricks to teleport yourself inside, that’s how I know all this. So you can actually enter the puzzle room and have a go at it. I’m on Aurora Glade, and would gladly show you how to do it.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Creepy hidden area

in Lore

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

Aww. This game needs some creepy areas. Nightmare tower just doesn’t work…

Glorious Human Master Race