Current Status of Primordus

in Lore

Posted by: MizuTsuki.5867

MizuTsuki.5867

Primordus was first to rise thus he has been in this world the longest. By game/story definition, he should be the strongest (since he has accumulated more experience than others).
Destroyers are plaguing the Mt. Maelstrom but they have yet to spread unlike risen. So why the first one is lying in peace while the followers are out & about causing havoc? Jormag is haunting Shiverpeaks (Which reminds me, are Kodan going to be a driving force ever? They seem so pushed out of the tyrian picture) and Zhaitan even took over a whole country.
Also, Kralkatorrik has yet to return after his encounter with Destiny’s Edge.

Will no dragon dare to avenge death of Zhaitan?????????

in Lore

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Because they dragons are not friends.
Why didn’t the humans avenge the death of the Kahn Ur?

I believe the main reason Zhaitan was attacking was due to the fact that it was actually attacked first (oh well Primordus almost was, but it was not awaken at that time).

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

(edited by lordkrall.7241)

in Lore

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

the battle against primordus is happening its just that it is happening underground and being fought by whats left of the dwarves. its a battle they are slowly but surely losing though.

I would presume kralkatorrik might be recovering after the battle with DE. At the very least he should be located somewhere in the brand as otherwise there would be more of it showing where he moved to.

also as other poster said, the dragons are not friends so why would they feel the need to avenge zhaitan?

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

in Lore

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

Primordus has done a lot since his awakening. If the GW1 map is to be believed, he was miles of earth below Fireheart Rise (where the Central Transfer Chamber was). After his rise, he moved on to clear huge tunnels and tracks, probably delving through the whole of the Depths of Tyria (there actually might be a showing of him in the Vigil joining cinematic, where draconic eyes and a hackle/horn-crowned head appear in a dark cave overlooking a small Asuran settlement).

The creation of Mt Maelstrom is very likely to be tied to his passing through the area, and my theory for some time now is that the drying of the northern Maguuma is also his doing (there was an enormous water table beneath the surface there, feeding the lush growth in the chasms and canyons with magical water… it might have boiled away once the Elder Fire Dragon arrived in the general area).

Also, most of the dragons are very slow about their advance (save for Zhaitan, who got lucky and rose in the graveyard of hundreds of thousands of corpses and a vast museum of powerful magical artifacts). Jormag’s only starting to get serious (after 150 years), Kralkatorrik is hiding, the DSD has only pushed out the deep-dwellers so far, and Mordremoth is probably still sleeping. None of the dragons go on rampages and raids. They leave that up to their minions, lieutenants, and champions.

At the same time, Primordus is held back by the remnants of an entire race turned tough as hell and immortal. The other dragons did not meet that sort of resistance. However, I agree that Primordus might be the strongest of all by now. He had 200 years to consume the relics and ruins of Depths-dwelling civilizations, including that of the early asura who are said to have been far more powerful in the ways of magic than they are now, after their Exodus (they lost most of that knowledge to flee the Destroyers and survive). If Primodus feasted on all the magic stored within vast cities such as Quora Sum, he’s insanely powerful now.

And the dragons are not allied – we don’t know if they are hostile or neutral/accepting of each other. Their common goal is to destroy and corrupt all life, but in doing so they are each other’s concurence. With Zhaitan dead, his share of magic to be consumed goes to the survivors. They won’t weep for him when they can eat a lot more with one less mouth to feed.

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

(edited by Thalador.4218)

in Lore

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Destroyers are plaguing the Mt. Maelstrom but they have yet to spread unlike risen.

Destroyers have spread much further than the Risen. They are all over Tyria. Even in Kessex Hills. Most of them are underground however. But Primordus has infested the depths of tyria so much, that his minions could pop up nearly anywhere.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Lore

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

Destroyers are plaguing the Mt. Maelstrom but they have yet to spread unlike risen.

Destroyers have spread much further than the Risen. They are all over Tyria. Even in Kessex Hills. Most of them are underground however. But Primordus has infested the depths of tyria so much, that his minions could pop up nearly anywhere.

this, pretty much. whenever there’s some kind of connection to the deep underground, there are destroyers leaking everywhere. primordus pretty much infested all of underground tyria with the kittens, so any volcano or magma lake, no matter how small, has destroyers.

reason we don’t see much of him is probably because he’s busy as it is underground. zhaitan never bothered to leave orr, there was plenty to have there, and i imagine the same applies to primordus. no reason to push = no push.

plus, he’d be losing his home advantage for what? to personally pester tyrians?

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

(edited by BrunoBRS.5178)

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

It’s not necessarily true that wherever there’s a volcano, there are destroyers. I don’t think Primordus has filled every possible corner of the Depths, or else the destroyers wouldn’t be limited to the small pockets in a handful of zones that we see. Also, there is no destroyer activity at all east of the Shiverpeaks, indicating that Primordus, and his armies, have moved west.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Posted by: MizuTsuki.5867

MizuTsuki.5867

reason we don’t see much of him is probably because he’s busy as it is underground. zhaitan never bothered to leave orr, there was plenty to have there, and i imagine the same applies to primordus. no reason to push = no push.

Ohhh…Zhaitan pushed… he went as far as attacking Lion’s Arch when no one was poking him. Its only after his attack at LA, the orders united & start pushing some real lines. Once taken over LA, he could have used the portals to go after any home world.
I mean I agreed that the dwarves are pushing his minion but they are limited in number unlike the destroyer force…

I wonder why Primordus cant make more champions? The resistance to him is only breaking by each passing day. Isn’t it their sole role to corrupt / destroy all lives as we know it?

(edited by MizuTsuki.5867)

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

Ohhh…Zhaitan pushed… he went as far as attacking Lion’s Arch when no one was poking him. Its only after his attack at LA, the orders united & start pushing some real lines. Once taken over LA, he could have used the portals to go after any home world.
I mean I agreed that the dwarves are pushing his minion but they are limited in number unlike the destroyer force…

I wonder why Primordus cant make more champions? The resistance to him is only breaking by each passing day. Isn’t it their sole role to corrupt / destroy all lives as we know it?

zhaitan himself didn’t bother raising his kitten until we were knocking at his door and setting fire to his house. the attack in LA is akin to the destroyers popping up everywhere.

in Lore

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Here is what we know about the dragons.

Bubbles- nothing much, lots of deep sea creatuers are fleeing.

Jungle Dragon- Close to nothing, not even sure if he exist

Kralk- Fought DE and is probably recovering. Currently in the Crystal Desert. His minions are also fighting Palwa Joko’s Undead legions.

Zhaitian- Supposedly dead. His risen legions were also attacking and fighting with Palwa Joko’s Legions.

Primod- He is currently beind held at bay by the dwarves. However, they are losing and more and more destroyers are appearing.

Jormag- Currently in the northern shiverpeaks. Not sure what he is doing. Many are fleeing. Most of the Norn and Kodan are gone from the Northern Shiverpeaks I believe.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I cannot really add anything that Thalador and Malafide haven’t said already, truth be told.

All Elder Dragons are slow in taking action, Zhaitan just had a head start. It seems that 150 years (the time Jormag’s been awake) is the typical preparation timeframe – Primordus just isn’t seen because all of his actions are underground, not at the surface. He’s held back by stone dwarves, but has taken over six asuran cities that are on par to Rata Sum (only one of which we know the name of – Quora Sum), and his minions are seen across the whole continent of Tyria – from Brisban Wildlands and Metrica Province to the Dominion of Winds and Kessex Hills and Harathi Hinterlands to Lornar’s Pass and Dredgehaunt Cliffs, to Mount Maelstrom, and even so far east as the Blazeridge (as per Edge of Destiny). Of all dragons, Primordus is the most spread out of them. It was also told to us – as Thalador said – in an interview that Primordus has been clearing out tracks of land underground since his awakening.

Honestly, Primordus can literally pop up out of the ground, fully ready for slaughter, at any moment for all we know. It all depends on a single question:

How are the stone dwarves fairing?

Kralk- Fought DE and is probably recovering. Currently in the Crystal Desert. His minions are also fighting Palwa Joko’s Undead legions.

Two things wrong here.

Firstly, we don’t know where he is – he may have fled the Crystal Desert, given how he left the battlefield without creating the Dragonbrand and his minions are moving south and east – it’s possible he fled eastward, and is now residing north of Elona.

Secondly, nothing – absolutely nothing – says or indicates that the Branded are even in visible range of Joko’s legions.

Jormag- Currently in the northern shiverpeaks. Not sure what he is doing. Many are fleeing. Most of the Norn and Kodan are gone from the Northern Shiverpeaks I believe.

He’s currently pushing south, in the beginning stages of his true invasion it seems given how the kodan arrival is recent, and the Priory lvl 30-40 storyline deals with Sons of Svanir making bigger moves – it’s also said that Svanir’s Dome and the large Svanir outpost in Frostgorge (forget name) are recent additions. Most of Jormag’s influence seen in the game are rather recent, actually.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

I wonder more about how can such a big thing as Primordus move through the Depths without making one hell of a big molehill on the surface everywhere he goes. Sure the Depths has some very wide areas as we saw in Eye of the North, but not so much or wide enough to warrant effortless movement.

Zhaitan’s awakening raised a sunken peninsula from the freaking sea when his portfolio is far from invoking seizmic activites. How come the dragon most affiliated with seizmic activities can show so little side-effects on the surface?

in Lore

Thalador.4218

The rectangular zone borders might be those molehills. :P

Aside from Mt Maelstrom, the theoretical separation of the Steamspur Mountains from the Shiverpeaks, the drying of Maguuma, maybe the Great Collapse (though hopefully it’s very unlikely), and another big maybe of Southsun Cove’s western, karka-infested island with all those geysers and the bubbling lava underneath, and the invading destroyers, there isn’t any more significant change in the landscape that could be tied to him (unless quite a few of the significant changes compared to the GW1 are his work – e.g. the formation of new lakes, hills, w/e.

And mind you, out of all those even Mount Maelstrom is only semi-confirmed to be his doing. :/

A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

I wonder more about how can such a big thing as Primordus move through the Depths without making one hell of a big molehill on the surface everywhere he goes. Sure the Depths has some very wide areas as we saw in Eye of the North, but not so much or wide enough to warrant effortless movement.

Zhaitan’s awakening raised a sunken peninsula from the freaking sea when his portfolio is far from invoking seizmic activites. How come the dragon most affiliated with seizmic activities can show so little side-effects on the surface?

it’s not like he’s on subway-level.

he’s moving around faaaaaaaaaaaar underground. like, probably near the end of tyria’s crust (assuming the geological formation of tyria is like real world rocky planets). he might be causing some earthquakes for all we know, but it’s not like he’s burrowed a few feet under the surface and digging his way through.

plus, most of his movement, i’d imagine, would be through the already existing galleries, since he’s going after magical artifacts in asuran and dwarven cities.

in Lore

Thalador.4218

That is also very true. He could be swimming through the veins of magma, and instead of going straight through solid ground, he delves deeper where it’s easier to travel, and comes back up to erupt into another Depths settlement to be slaughtered and pillaged.

in Lore

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Well.. We did engage his minions in gw1 to be fair.

I think they’ve kept him under cover due to already having engaged him to some degree, so they’re offsetting attention to the others barring DSD and JD.

I ? Karkas.

in Lore

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Because they dragons are not friends.
Why didn’t the humans avenge the death of the Kahn Ur?

Because humans killed him?

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Lore

Gandarel.5091

I think you should send a ‘Thank you’ letter to the dwarves.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I figure it attests to two things:

1) He’s very deep underground. And I do mean very.

2) He’s probably the smallest of the Elder Dragons. Going off of the GW1 model size, he’s large, but not as large as Kralkatorrik at all.

3) He likely melts the earth around him, thus creating solidified tunnels bordered by obsidian or other volcanic hardened rock. Thus he isn’t pushing the ground about, like a mole or even a drill, but rather more like a laser tunneler device. Since all that dirt gets melted down – perhaps turned into destroyers – it just hollows out and nothing more. I argue that it solidies into hardened rock because otherwise the place would collapse (it has been suspected that Primordus’ burrowing is the cause of the Great Collapse and those reported sounds being destroyers).

Zhaitan, on the other hand, was probably far closer to the surface and, to boot, is larger and doesn’t deal with fire aka melting things.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

if anything, primordus is the one elder dragon i’m looking forward to the most to see how he looks like. we already know that ANet wouldn’t think twice about discarding a previous design of an ED if they found something they think is better, and GW1’s engine had several limitations (like age), so i don’t expect him to be anything like what we’ve seen in EotN.

an underground creature that spends its time digging tunnels has no reason to have wings, so i expect him to be more salamander-like, being agile and able to walk on walls and ceilings.

the image i have in my head is this huge lava and obsidian lizard upside down, on the corner of the ceiling of a huge, dark gallery, himself being the only source of light around, pulsing with his breath.

in short, something akin to this dude from shadow of the colossus.

in Lore

Gandarel.5091

@BrunoBRS, personally the only dragon i want to see is Primordus.

Because if done properly, this can give the feeling of awesomeness. Imagine: you are underground, cornered in a tunnel system with dwarven ruins and boiling lava, you hear battle raging everywhere, destroyers against dwarves and players.

A moment of peace ends when you hear the scream of destroyers and they start to flood in, you’ve got nowehere to run, flames fill the dark caverns. Awesome.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

@BrunoBRS, personally the only dragon i want to see is Primordus.

Because if done properly, this can give the feeling of awesomeness. Imagine: you are underground, cornered in a tunnel system with dwarven ruins and boiling lava, you hear battle raging everywhere, destroyers against dwarves and players.

A moment of peace ends when you hear the scream of destroyers and they start to flood in, you’ve got nowehere to run, flames fill the dark caverns. Awesome.

i’m curious about his design, but the thought of wandering neverending caves that all look the same, all crawling with destroyers (or worse: dredge. shudders) for hours on end puts me off :P

i’m personally much more invested in the other two dragons: kralk because of EoD and how awesome the brand is, and jormag because kodans. i just really love kodans. they’re probably the only NPCs on the open world that i always make a point to read all dialogue thoroughly.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

if anything, primordus is the one elder dragon i’m looking forward to the most to see how he looks like. we already know that ANet wouldn’t think twice about discarding a previous design of an ED if they found something they think is better, and GW1’s engine had several limitations (like age), so i don’t expect him to be anything like what we’ve seen in EotN.

The difference between Zhaitan’s model change and changing Primordus’ is that… we actually saw Primordus in game with it being told that it is Primordus. And because we were told that’s Primordus, they cannot pull a Jormag and redesign because the thing we saw in GW1 was “never actually said to be Jormag” (though I would have far preferred that to be the “core” of the dragon, covered in ice to make claws and wings). They can redesign him since it’s a new game, but overall it’d end up looking similar.

… But then again, they’ve already performed blatant retcons ever since the Living Story began (as opposed to retconing with in-universe explanations which are far superior), so I guess there’s no stopping them…

As to how it’d look – I spent some time looking and it didn’t really seem like he had shoulders at all, meaning I don’t think he even has forearms/forelegs, let alone wings. Instead he has these spikes that look like of line a collar but I wouldn’t doubt that once the stone breaks, they’d act like tendrils to help move him about.

I’d imagine more of a tendril-covered wurm or snake like dragon that pushes himself around using said tendrils, as well as attacking with them.

I just hope that next year we get a focus on the next Elder Dragon rather than more Scarlet stuff. Make her disappear for a while, leaving us to wonder “whatever happened to Scarlet?” Then make her return with some other once-fled enemies after the next Elder Dragon’s fought and killed! (like returning with the Sinister Triad, Faolain, Caudecus, and Lazarus).

Dear ANet writers,

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

The difference between Zhaitan’s model change and changing Primordus’ is that… we actually saw Primordus in game with it being told that it is Primordus. And because we were told that’s Primordus, they cannot pull a Jormag and redesign because the thing we saw in GW1 was “never actually said to be Jormag” (though I would have far preferred that to be the “core” of the dragon, covered in ice to make claws and wings). They can redesign him since it’s a new game, but overall it’d end up looking similar.

… But then again, they’ve already performed blatant retcons ever since the Living Story began (as opposed to retconing with in-universe explanations which are far superior), so I guess there’s no stopping them…

As to how it’d look – I spent some time looking and it didn’t really seem like he had shoulders at all, meaning I don’t think he even has forearms/forelegs, let alone wings. Instead he has these spikes that look like of line a collar but I wouldn’t doubt that once the stone breaks, they’d act like tendrils to help move him about.

I’d imagine more of a tendril-covered wurm or snake like dragon that pushes himself around using said tendrils, as well as attacking with them.

I just hope that next year we get a focus on the next Elder Dragon rather than more Scarlet stuff. Make her disappear for a while, leaving us to wonder “whatever happened to Scarlet?” Then make her return with some other once-fled enemies after the next Elder Dragon’s fought and killed! (like returning with the Sinister Triad, Faolain, Caudecus, and Lazarus).

eh, a redesign isn’t a retcon. it’s for the best (primordus looks pretty standard fare dragon, and ANet seemingly decided they now want the EDs to be the opposite of that), and it’s not really affecting the lore itself. everything we did in EotN would still be validated, primordus would still be that statue, they just made him look different in the new game.

and eew no to your lava centipede/mantis thing. that would be gross. and the pact would have to devise a boot big enough to squish it. i think jormag will cover the “snake dragon” look. or chinese dragon, whatever you prefer to call it.

as for living story stuff, i think they’re parallel events meant to give tyria this multi-layered feel that it’s not just a single thing that happens at a time. the living story will probably keep on happening even when we finally get an expansion to deal with other dragons.

in Lore

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

actually there was called somewhere that most probably pimordus is looking like much bigger version of the Great Destroyer.

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

actually there was called somewhere that most probably pimordus is looking like much bigger version of the Great Destroyer.

the great destroyer looks stupid like hell lol.

and while i can see where you’re coming from, good god i hope you’re wrong.

in Lore

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

If Anet wants to redcon the way primordus looked in Eye of the North, they could always pretend that the statue we saw was just a shell, and the real creature emerges from within.

But frankly I’m with Konig on this. I hope they stay true to some of the original designs from GW1. However, I wouldn’t mind if they made him slightly bigger than what we saw in GW1.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

If Anet wants to redcon the way primordus looked in Eye of the North, they could always pretend that the statue we saw was just a shell, and the real creature emerges from within.

But frankly I’m with Konig on this. I hope they stay true to some of the original designs from GW1. However, I wouldn’t mind if they made him slightly bigger than what we saw in GW1.

well, the destroyers still look about the same :P

in Lore

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

well, the destroyers still look about the same :P

Some what. They definitely are not identical to the destroyers in GW1. But if anything, that just shows there are many variations of destroyers (and they don’t look radically different, they are still stone and lava).

But for example, the destroyer of earth does look very different in GW2.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Destroyer_of_Earth
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Destroyer_of_Earth

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

eh, a redesign isn’t a retcon. it’s for the best (primordus looks pretty standard fare dragon, and ANet seemingly decided they now want the EDs to be the opposite of that), and it’s not really affecting the lore itself. everything we did in EotN would still be validated, primordus would still be that statue, they just made him look different in the new game.

and eew no to your lava centipede/mantis thing. that would be gross. and the pact would have to devise a boot big enough to squish it. i think jormag will cover the “snake dragon” look. or chinese dragon, whatever you prefer to call it.

We only really see a head and neck of Primordus so we cannot say it looks like a standard dragon (plus, it seems pretty obvious with the dragon champions and Zhaitan that they’ve lost the “not typical dragon” appearance. Well, somewhat on Zhaitan – he’s more like "half of a typical dragon with a hydra mouth).

And the thought I had in mind wasn’t like a centipede or mantis in the least. :P But now I’m wanting that even more, since it grosses people out.

Naming aside – the Destroyer of Earth aka Destroyer Troll (god I so wish they kept the GW1 naming system for destroyers >.>) look like the Destroyer of Sinew. While the Destroyer Harpy look like the Destroyer of Flesh with wings.

So wish those GW1 destroyers returned. Especially the Destroyer of Bones and Destroyer of Thoughts models.

Speaking of old GW1 destroyers, it’s kind of interesting about them. Destroyers are said to mimic the living that’s seen… which means those destroyers primarily mimic the kinds of creatures that existed in the last rise of ED (since Primordus was still sleeping and there weren’t many lifeforms the Great Destroyer saw before sending these armies out). Becomes kind of curious as to what they could be mimicing (the mesmer was pointed out to me to look kind of mursaat-ish once).

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

well the names changed, but the 3 models we have in GW2 are returning models (at least i think the crab is a returning model). we might get more variants once we go in-depth (pun intended) against primordus.

zhaitan is pretty unusual. i mean, he’s barely recognizable as a dragon, he’s more like a bunch of tails and wings strapped to a rotten torso, with a mouth that breathes dragons and some really creepy, deformed, human-like hand/claw. he doesn’t even have back legs. definitely not standard

and no. just no. primordus will not be some weird tentacle kitten centipede. it’s just wrong.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

The crab is actually fairly unique. The closest GW1 model would be the necromancer (Destroyer of Hopes) but that’s very different still.

That angle of Zhaitan gives a very different interpretation of his body. I always noticed that he was only an upper body + tails, which made me think he was related to the Bone Dragons, but I never got a look at that left hand of his being very… hand like and not claw like at all.

But still his body’s shape is very much a typical dragon, just minus the waist and hind legs. The rest is just more or less mutated and twisted, but overall and generally very much typical european dragon shape.

And how is a wurm with spikes any weirder than… well, Zhaitan?

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Couldn’t Primordus perhaps grow and change shape as he consumed more magic? The statue form we saw in GW1 might have been a shrunken, “mummified” version of himself during his hibernating phase. The same might also apply to the other Elder Dragons.

in Lore

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

That angle of Zhaitan gives a very different interpretation of his body. I always noticed that he was only an upper body + tails, which made me think he was related to the Bone Dragons, but I never got a look at that left hand of his being very… hand like and not claw like at all.

But still his body’s shape is very much a typical dragon, just minus the waist and hind legs. The rest is just more or less mutated and twisted, but overall and generally very much typical european dragon shape.

As far as I could see, Zhaitan is indeed the upper part of a dragon, with the lower half of his body replaced with tails (almost like entrails hanging behind his torso). His lower jaw also seems to be missing, and seems to be replaced with various other dragon heads. He seems to have two main wings, 4 smaller wings, and two proto-wings that are more like hands. Further more he seems to have about 6 claws or pincers towards the middle of his chest.

http://www.mmogames.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/fantasy-mmorpg-mmo-games-guild-wars-2-arah-final-dungeon-zhaitan-fight-18.jpg
http://thinkbubbles.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/zhaitan.jpg

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

And how is a wurm with spikes any weirder than… well, Zhaitan?

it’s an oversized worm with a lizard head. it sounds ridiculous. my head can’t help but picture a fat, lazy bug squiggling around the tunnels, with some weird tentacles flailing about.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

As far as I could see, Zhaitan is indeed the upper part of a dragon, with the lower half of his body replaced with tails (almost like entrails hanging behind his torso).

And once we return to Orr in the living story, we’ll be getting a new meta boss, Zhaitan’s missing lower body from the dungeon:

The kitten of Zhaitan.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

That will be one ugly kitty.

in Lore

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

As far as I could see, Zhaitan is indeed the upper part of a dragon, with the lower half of his body replaced with tails (almost like entrails hanging behind his torso).

And once we return to Orr in the living story, we’ll be getting a new meta boss, Zhaitan’s missing lower body from the dungeon:

The kitten of Zhaitan.

This won’t end well.

I ? Karkas.

in Lore

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

For once I actually agree with Trahearne. XD

in Lore

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

(plus, it seems pretty obvious with the dragon champions and Zhaitan that they’ve lost the “not typical dragon” appearance. Well, somewhat on Zhaitan – he’s more like "half of a typical dragon with a hydra mouth).

From what I understand Zhaitan is a lich – one body composed of many (dragon bodies in this case). You might have noticed the two dragons (sans heads) that his tail comprised of when it was shot off by the MEGA-LIT cannon (you can clearly see the wings and the dragon-like shape to them) – his hydra mouths are likely the heads of some of the dragons that it comprises of. Think Frankestein’s Monster; only magical, not scientific.

Which makes him likely the most bad-kitten dragon in any game lore I have ever come across.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

in Lore

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

A Lich is an immortal undead creature (that usually intentionally made itself a Lich), that can’t be killed by conventional means. I see no reason to presume that Zhaitan is one. He’s just an Elder Dragon who looks like he is made of others dragons.

in Lore

Lord Trejgon.2809

Couldn’t Primordus perhaps grow and change shape as he consumed more magic? The statue form we saw in GW1 might have been a shrunken, “mummified” version of himself during his hibernating phase. The same might also apply to the other Elder Dragons.

grow? – ofc. I could agree.
change shape? not really – at least not in such scale.

in Lore

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Primordus is around. Were it not for the Dwarves and Dredge keeping him at bay, I believe that the Sanctum of Winds would be in flames and anyone in Maelstrom to Metrica would be hard-pressed to survive without firepower, technology and a lot of super soakers.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

play more pokemon.

in Lore

Lord Trejgon.2809

play more pokemon.

actually I hate pokemons so nope I will not play it just to justify huge metamorph on big stone-and-lava dragon.

in Lore

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

actually I hate pokemons so nope I will not play it just to justify huge metamorph on big stone-and-lava dragon.

But… but… don’t you want to be the very best? The best that ever was?

in Lore

Posted by: Amanda Whitemoon.6173

Amanda Whitemoon.6173

gotta catch em all, i want all the elder dragons in pokeballs for my sylvari ranger:P

i dont know if they will ‘grow’ after consuming more magic.

i still find it a bit strange that in Fireheart rise is that kodan camp almost directly ontop the central transfer chamber and primordus room. but on the surface nothing indicates an elder dragon woke up there. if you see what zhaitan, jormag and kralkatorrik did when they woke up (kralky on a lesser degree). and then not a single sign at primordus location.
even if he woke up very deep, i expected a little bit at the surface .

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

play more pokemon.

actually I hate pokemons

you, sir, are wrong.

you can’t dislike pokemon.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

gotta catch em all, i want all the elder dragons in pokeballs for my sylvari ranger:P

i dont know if they will ‘grow’ after consuming more magic.

i still find it a bit strange that in Fireheart rise is that kodan camp almost directly ontop the central transfer chamber and primordus room. but on the surface nothing indicates an elder dragon woke up there. if you see what zhaitan, jormag and kralkatorrik did when they woke up (kralky on a lesser degree). and then not a single sign at primordus location.
even if he woke up very deep, i expected a little bit at the surface .

well, there’s the rest of fireheart :P though i’d assume all the stuff going on there is flame legion’s doing.

you could interpret the lack of a huge, world-shaping event on his awakening as us having forced him into a deeper sleep than it should’ve been, making him lose even more magic than he was supposed to. he’s been playing catch up with asuran cities though.

in Lore

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

I cannot really add anything that Thalador and Malafide haven’t said already, truth be told.

All Elder Dragons are slow in taking action, Zhaitan just had a head start. It seems that 150 years (the time Jormag’s been awake) is the typical preparation timeframe – Primordus just isn’t seen because all of his actions are underground, not at the surface. He’s held back by stone dwarves, but has taken over six asuran cities that are on par to Rata Sum (only one of which we know the name of – Quora Sum), and his minions are seen across the whole continent of Tyria – from Brisban Wildlands and Metrica Province to the Dominion of Winds and Kessex Hills and Harathi Hinterlands to Lornar’s Pass and Dredgehaunt Cliffs, to Mount Maelstrom, and even so far east as the Blazeridge (as per Edge of Destiny). Of all dragons, Primordus is the most spread out of them. It was also told to us – as Thalador said – in an interview that Primordus has been clearing out tracks of land underground since his awakening.

Honestly, Primordus can literally pop up out of the ground, fully ready for slaughter, at any moment for all we know. It all depends on a single question:

How are the stone dwarves fairing?

Two things wrong here.

Firstly, we don’t know where he is – he may have fled the Crystal Desert, given how he left the battlefield without creating the Dragonbrand and his minions are moving south and east – it’s possible he fled eastward, and is now residing north of Elona.

Secondly, nothing – absolutely nothing – says or indicates that the Branded are even in visible range of Joko’s legions.

He’s currently pushing south, in the beginning stages of his true invasion it seems given how the kodan arrival is recent, and the Priory lvl 30-40 storyline deals with Sons of Svanir making bigger moves – it’s also said that Svanir’s Dome and the large Svanir outpost in Frostgorge (forget name) are recent additions. Most of Jormag’s influence seen in the game are rather recent, actually.

It was in a interview, the branded are fighting Joko’s legion.

AmateurNet