Dessa (In Fractals) doesn't recognize Sylvari

in Lore

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

A friend of mine who plays a Sylvari was talking to Dessa, and he noted that apparently, Dessa does not recognize the Sylvari race at all!

First of, can any of you here who have Sylvari character confirm this?

Also, how long has Dessa been in that lab exactly? The Sylvari are a race that’s like what, 25 years old ish? So does that mean Dessa’s been in there for a long kitten time?

in Lore

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Yup I can confirm this.
She gives the reason that she doesn’t get out of her lab a whole lot.

I was under the impression that she had only just gone into the Fractals when the Asura gate in LA opened up, which would suggest she hasn’t been in there all that long.

Then again, this is the mists?

in Lore

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Indeed, she does not seem to know sylvari at all. I assumed she been in her lab a really long time for that reason.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

in Lore

Posted by: Mystic Starfish.2586

Mystic Starfish.2586

She knows about pirate version of LA though
So it’s some time between remaking of LA and birth of Sylvari

in Lore

Posted by: Curuniel.4830

Curuniel.4830

According to this timeline that still leaves a little under a hundred years (probably sometime in the last, hmm, 80 years or so for the new LA to be established?). Still, that’s very interesting. Time is no doubt a little weird for someone dwelling in the Mists, especially in such an artificially stabilised spot – I wouldn’t be surprised to see the old mythology trope appearing here, like where a day in the fey world is ten years in the real world.

At any rate, this is a really interesting observation!

in Lore

Posted by: Dreamwalker.3617

Dreamwalker.3617

Also, Dessa doesn’t know that the asura gate goes to Lion’s Arch; and she doesn’t believe you when you tell her. But she knows about the Consortium…

That was so funny, I laughed twice.

in Lore

Posted by: Kevoros.2946

Kevoros.2946

Even though she doesnt know about the sylvari, she knows about the consortium and pirated lions arch, so its in that range i guess