Devona, Mhenlo , Aidan, Cynn, and Eve

in Lore

Posted by: JaNGleHaNd.6270

JaNGleHaNd.6270

Hey I just had a quick question about the main characters from the original Guild Wars trilogy. Where did they end up at? I’ve seen a small text pop up by Mhenlo in
Divinity’s Reach on a book cart, but that’s about it. I figured there must be something more about them scattered throughout the game, but have not found anything. I’ve found things for Little Thom, Reyna, Alesia, even Nick and Yakkington. Almost all henchmen from Prophecies has an small easter egg. Yet I’ve found nothing decent on these five.

in Lore

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

Mhenlo and Cynn apparently married by Winds of Change in GW1 and last we saw of them they were in Cantha or atleast Mhenlo was. I havent finished Winds of Change so I cant be sure. All 5 of them have books about them on the book stands in Divinity’s Reach. Mhenlo actually has two.

As for their final fates I still havent seen anything. I think we actually know a bit more about the fates and decendents of the other henchmen and hero’s than those 5.

in Lore

Posted by: Archduke.3817

Archduke.3817

I loved Mhenlo. ;D I must find this book! So far though, I have not heard of anything. I have a few lore fanatics in my guild (Oh! I love them :p) and they are equally as curious as you are.

My life has a superb cast, but I can’t figure out the plot. -ISLE OF JANTHIR SERVER-

in Lore

Posted by: Roxy Painter.3691

Roxy Painter.3691

As you know, most of the game servers are named after locations that exist in one or both of the GW games. One of the new ones added is named “Devona’s Rest”. But I have no idea if this is an existing location, or hook planted for future expansion.

in Lore

Posted by: EmpyJon.4561

EmpyJon.4561

I only want to know what ever happened to Razah. I think, by all means, he should still be around, somewhere…

in Lore

Posted by: sterrell.2780

sterrell.2780

I only want to know what ever happened to Razah. I think, by all means, he should still be around, somewhere…

I would like someone to explain why ritualists are no longer part of the game? (As well as dervishes. . . . I’m giving ANet the benefit of the doubt that paragons are subsumed by guardians and assassins are thiefs.)

It seems odd that an entire discipline known by the human race was completely forgotten or wiped out in only 250 years.

in Lore

Posted by: Phrixscreoth.6895

Phrixscreoth.6895

I would like someone to explain why ritualists are no longer part of the game? (As well as dervishes. . . . I’m giving ANet the benefit of the doubt that paragons are subsumed by guardians and assassins are thiefs.)

It seems odd that an entire discipline known by the human race was completely forgotten or wiped out in only 250 years.

Well, ritualists came from canatha, and cantha has been locked off from the world for the last while, so it’s probable that the knowledge has been lost to the outside world.

in Lore

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Well, ritualists came from canatha, and cantha has been locked off from the world for the last while, so it’s probable that the knowledge has been lost to the outside world.

The priory has a book all about stuff master togo did. And he was like, totally a ritualist teacher and stuff.

in Lore

Posted by: Troggmaster.7954

Troggmaster.7954

The priory has a book all about stuff master togo did. And he was like, totally a ritualist teacher and stuff.

Yeah, but that’s the Priory. for all we know that’s the ONLY book left outside of Cantha with anything about Ritualists…and it’s just gathering dust with the Priory.

in Lore

Posted by: Chronos Khan.4539

Chronos Khan.4539

I would assume that Mhenlo would have gone back to Cantha to continue some sort of training. The last monk bender lol.

The self proclaimed mayor of Lion’s Arch
watch my GW2 vids at:
youtube.com/valentinogames

in Lore

Posted by: Cancer.9065

Cancer.9065

Could have died fighting Palawa Joko (or still be there for the PS of the possible Elona expansion)

Cancer is also a Zodiac sign.

in Lore

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

Problem with both of the professions is that they´re far too human centric,and not only that but vulturaly bound to their respective continents.
Ritualists are heavily assosiated with canthan ancestral worship, and spirit related mysticism. And dervishes are holy warriors that worship the humand gods, gaining powers from them
Problem of that is that it´s really hard to make them fit for all the races. How would sylvaris go about summoning their non-existent ancestors, how would charr revere any gods?

There might be new professions included furhter on, but i doubt they will be ritualists and dervishes, they might however be successors to those mechanicaly like thiefs are to assassins (assassins too had heavy cultural package). Or it might be simple as new weaponsets including scythes and/or buff heavy utilities ala mimicing dervish enchants. Or more spiritual related skills for necromancers.

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

in Lore

Posted by: MuffinMan.3285

MuffinMan.3285

Has anyone found any lore or eve? she is honestly the most interesting of the characters from guild wars 1 (imo) and I would love for a little more insight on her…something more then she dosent even know who her parents are and shes a strong necro blah blah blah

WvW isnt fun anymore :(

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Other than that she kept a skull with her that she talked to and named Adam, I know nothing.

in Lore

Posted by: Cappy.2786

Cappy.2786

If you go to Rurikton in Divinitys reach you can find the descendatns of them.They have similar names and similar personalities.

in Lore

Posted by: WarriorOfAsgard.3705

WarriorOfAsgard.3705

Actually those are the descendants of Stefan Baruch, Orion Elek, Alesia Baptiste, and Reyna Sandor. They originally had those surnames prior to the release of Guild Wars Prophecies.

in Lore

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

Cynn and Mhenlo became married near the end of Wind of Change and you can only see this scene if you played Wind of Change in Hard Mode. I think Mhenlo and Cynn remained in Cantha to live their “happy” married life since Mhenlo is the New Headmaster of Sing Jea Monastery in WoC.

Most like we may meet Cynn and Mhenlo’s descendant(s) once we enter Cantha in GW2.

The other Main character’s fates remain unknown since they were not covered in GW1 Beyond.

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

Since these characters were seen throughout the world there is a good chance that their final resting places may not even be in the mainland Tyria.

in Lore

Posted by: arcqe.6734

arcqe.6734

only real reference I’ve found to Eve is that there is a skull focus that can be created via the mystic forge called Adam. Sadly, this really doesn’t give any lore perspective of what happened.

usually somewhere

in Lore

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Has anyone found any lore or eve?

Easy, she would die, she truned herself undead and is now the real zhaitans babysitter since he bit his tongue that gave him ouchie ouchies (and than a fleed of airships killed the part of the tongue he bit off with a panzy saladmancer as their leader) thus needed someone to take care of him and teach him how to bite off ears instead.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Lore

Posted by: TheWarKeeper.5374

TheWarKeeper.5374

Another problem youll find is that we have engineer, in essence the gameplay is ritualist.

Making a ritualist now would make a copycat of engineer and that would not work good enough to make a whole new class that is so identical to an engineer, also having played an engineer i do not miss ritualists at all.

in Lore

Posted by: Amlin.6041

Amlin.6041

I’m sure we’ll see Ritualist again in some form or another in the Cantha expansion. I can’t wait to see what classes Anet has planned. C:

in Lore

WarriorOfAsgard.3705

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Devona or the others have descendants somewhere in the game, however we may never know without knowing their surnames (if they even have one to begin with) or an NPC who outright claims one of them as an ancestor. It would also be interesting to find the graves of Devona, Aidan, Mhenlo, Eve, and Cynn and see if they show accurate birth years. Other things in the game have dates that don’t match the known dates from events established in Prophecies/Eye of the North/War in Kryta but I would hope they get the correct DoBs for the five main henchmen (aka the Heroes of Tyria). I’d also be interested to learn what became of Olias, Livia, and M.O.X., as well as the other Tyrian heroes from Nightfall and Eye of the North.

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

Well we know Anton died, can’t remember where his grave was, but I believe it’s by Ascalon Settlement, it doesn’t say much about his life or death though. I haven’t seen anything about Tahlkora, Xandra, Razah, Zhed, Master, Koss, Mellonni, etc, etc…

in Lore

WarriorOfAsgard.3705

Anton is somehere in Kessex Hills I think. I would suspect the Elonian heroes to have stayed in/returned to Elona.

in Lore

Posted by: Mystic Starfish.2586

Mystic Starfish.2586

Anton’s ghost is by the battle pit in Gendarran Fields (in the snowy part east of Vigil Keep)
Most of the storywise-important heroes in GW1 have some sort of shoutout, but no real descendants other than Logan and I think Jora has one

in Lore

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

The guardian’s ‘floating’ weapons seem like an adaptation of the ritualist’s spells. Maybe the lines between professions have become more vague, or maybe things have been lost through time.

The Norn for example, call their ritualists shamans (those who commune with the spirits).

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Lore

Posted by: Aequitas.6402

Aequitas.6402

The Norn for example, call their ritualists shamans (those who commune with the spirits).

To be fair, these aren’t spirits in the Guild Wars 1 sense. They’re spirits of the wild; if I got that correctly, they’re more like avatars of different animals and traits.

in Lore

Posted by: Auruan.2837

Auruan.2837

I haven’t seen anything about Tahlkora, Xandra, Razah, Zhed, Master, Koss, Mellonni, etc, etc…

Tahlkora and Koss, at least, have armour pieces named after them.
I assume the Master of Whispers simply found himself some good folks to walk in his footsteps and then “vanished” to enjoy his last years elsewhere.

For some reason, I cannot shrug off the image of the old man lying in a hammock in an Elonian Hawaii-like settlement, in a flowery shirt, on a beach, sipping from a glass with a tiny umbrella in it.

in Lore

Posted by: brokenserenity.4638

brokenserenity.4638

Nah he moved to outworld and changed his name to shang tsung

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

Well, I mean those who played GW1 know Master of Whispers wanted to find a nice place along the beach in Istan, lol.

in Lore

Posted by: NolanP.7604

NolanP.7604

I dont think togo would of wrote about how to be a Ritualist How to be a ritualist for dummies probably more along the lines of Life teachings and stuff, since he was that kind of guy

in Lore

Posted by: Ludovicus.7980

Ludovicus.7980

Devona, Mhenlo , Aidan, Cynn, and Eve??
didn’t you mean
Balthazar, Dwayna, Melandru, Abaddon and Grenth??
or
Primordius, Yormag, (Unknown), Deep sea Dragon and Zaithan??

I’m lacking a mesmer… I guess you were supposed to be the mesmer in GW1

The glory of my ancestors shall be restored.

(edited by Ludovicus.7980)

in Lore

Posted by: quickthorn.4918

quickthorn.4918

I assume the Master of Whispers simply found himself some good folks to walk in his footsteps and then “vanished” to enjoy his last years elsewhere.

For some reason, I cannot shrug off the image of the old man lying in a hammock in an Elonian Hawaii-like settlement, in a flowery shirt, on a beach, sipping from a glass with a tiny umbrella in it.

Haha, that’s classic. I guess even necromancers reach a time in their life when they need to put aside the staff, the skulls, the necromantic tomes and the intrigue and relax a little.

in Lore

Posted by: HERO.2057

HERO.2057

I have seen a few tombstones of some of them but not of all.

I am still exploring

Electronic Empire [eE]
———
Commander of Blacktide

in Lore

HERO.2057

Lyssa

Electronic Empire [eE]
———
Commander of Blacktide

in Lore

Posted by: Ludovicus.7980

Ludovicus.7980

Lyssa

I meant a mesmer hero on the group of humans.
Devona, warrior → Balthazar
Aidan, ranger → Melandru
Mhenlo, monk → Dwayna
Cynn, elementalist → Abaddon
Eve, necromancer → Grenth
You?? mesmer → Lyssa

The glory of my ancestors shall be restored.

in Lore

Posted by: Alex the Precise.3654

Alex the Precise.3654

Dervishes who drew a lot of their powers from the human gods, probably went the same way as the monks. With the gods distancing themselves from the world, dervish magic would have been lost and they would become less effective as warriors. We do see some humans attaining what must be dervish-like powers from the avatar of Balthazar form but these come from ancient artifacts which channeled sealed magic from before the gods left. (I’m speaking of the separatists in the gladium father story line and the priory defense of Lions Arch)

in Lore

HERO.2057

[/quote]I meant a mesmer hero on the group of humans.
Devona, warrior -> Balthazar
Aidan, ranger -> Melandru
Mhenlo, monk -> Dwayna
Cynn, elementalist -> Abaddon
Eve, necromancer -> Grenth
You?? mesmer -> Lyssa[/quote]

Dunham

Electronic Empire [eE]
———
Commander of Blacktide

in Lore

HERO.2057

The Engineer is exactly the same as a Ritualist, instead of spirits it has turrets, instead of AoE healing it drops med kits.

These classes were introduced later in GW1, GW2 has enough classes, more surely will be introduced later.

It’s pretty much business, instead of releasing 10 different classes, you introduce 6, the consumers play those 6 until new character creation % drops low, which means the market is saturated and the life cycle of the product (classes) has ended and the market is in need of a new classes.

New classes are introduced, % of character creation increases again, more gems are bought, more hours are put into the game, etc.

This is what happens in real life with many electronics (GPS, smartphones, Graphic cards, etc).

Electronic Empire [eE]
———
Commander of Blacktide

in Lore

Posted by: zippo burntfur.9307

zippo burntfur.9307

At granite citadel there is a heart quest to translate the tombstones, can’t remember all the chr’s listed but it did have Kilroy Stoneskin.

“We don’t need to make gear treadmills”
Colin Johanson on how arenanet measures success

in Lore

Posted by: Mystic Starfish.2586

Mystic Starfish.2586

Three of the henchman, I think Reyna, Alesia, and Little Thom, also had graves there

in Lore

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

Althea was the mesmer trainer in pre. :’(

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in Lore

Posted by: lindoriel.1305

lindoriel.1305

I have found them! See screenshots…

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-w6TkpxDgoyE/UKKU5yQTtSI/AAAAAAAAABg/OlLlXXKYY-M/s550/Aiden%2520Final.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-0kgoe9OEyO4/UKKU653v36I/AAAAAAAAABo/0JWjrYhCB3U/s551/Devona%2520Final.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ibkH_5dOwNA/UKKU70jV5DI/AAAAAAAAABw/uzORbssqcmY/s541/Mhenlo%2520Final.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-wMvt1zgBHf4/UKKU60RlJqI/AAAAAAAAABk/GudbKjkibw0/s504/Cynn%2520Final.jpg

(ps Okay so maybe I’m lying and I actually just made those lookalikes because I was upset that we know nothing about their fate and also because I miss my GW buddies running around, aggroing stuff and getting me killed.)

(pps Would be awesome to get up a group of lookalikes to go running around Ascalon kicking butt and threatening Charr)

in Lore

Posted by: Ska.7943

Ska.7943

Gwen was a human mesmer hero…