Did we really kill Scarlet?

in Lore

Posted by: zexion.5842

zexion.5842

So this is just a wild theory but I was looking over the scarlet minis. There is the hologram one and the armored one. Wanting one of them I did a little search on how to get them. The hologram is only 3g on the TP but the armored scarlet briar one you need to mystic forge no big deal but what is strange is the recipie for the armored scarlet briar.

Aetherblade admiral
Toxic warlock
Molten Berserker

and one strange piece

Mini Mai Trin.

Why would Anet request a Mini Mai Trin to make a scarlet mini over the Holographic Scarlet mini itself? Especially since Mai Trin herself is not even present for this LS update. The fate of Mai Trin is unknown the last we heard from her is that scarlet had planned something for her in the Mists. But we do know that Scarlet doesn’t give second chances and is ruthless and cold so why would she spring Mai Trin if not to seal her fate?

Could the Scarlet we killed actually be a warped mutated version of Mai Trin?!? It would explain why suddenly Scarlet decided to wear a mask. Before during the Queens Jubilee we saw Scarlet concealing her identity with a hood but all of a sudden she is wearing a mask? What was the purpose of this? Could she have been wearing a mask to hide the fact that she is Mai Trin and that whatever transformation she was undergoing wasn’t complete so she needed to hide her face?

But now the question is how. How did Scarlet mutate Mai Trin? My theory? The nightmare tower poison.

We know from the Durmand Priorys research that the miasma is indeed NOT the poison from the nightmare tower and something else the hylek can identify. We also know that the poison itself inflicts hallucinations. If directly injected into the brain could the victim “hallucinate” that they are another person and then become that person?

I might be going too deep into this but I don’t believe we actually seen the last of Scarlet.

(edited by zexion.5842)

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

They used Mini Mai Trin because:

1) It’s newer. The Mini Hologram Scarlet was introduced with Twilight Assault, Mini Mai Trin was introduced with Escape from Lion’s Arch. They always do this – even if there’s a pre-existing miniature that’d make sense in the Mystic Forge for recipes, they introduce new ones. It’s always “the mini box + one RNG mini you can get in this update makes a fifth mini for the update!” – it’s been this way since Wintersday 2012.
2) The other three are Scarlet’s underlings as well as Mai Trin – and as above, all four miniatures are new (thus there’s no usage of, say, the Mini Firestorm or Mini Hybrid).

As to the Scarlet we killed being Mai Trin, this fails for two reasons:
1) Scarlet is a sylvari, Mai Trin is a human. There’s no way to make a human plant-like with modern magic. Scarlet doesn’t wear as mask in the final instance, the helmet and other armor is only there for the Hologram fight.
2) Mai Trin began issuing NEW orders since Battle (or Escape) began in the Edge of the Mists. Mind you, it’s just a hologram of Mai Trin, but still…

And about the miasma – it is the toxins from the Nightmare Tower, but modified to remove the hallucinations but made deadlier. So it’s an advanced form of the Nightmare Tower toxins.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Horst Hortensie.5420

Horst Hortensie.5420

And about the miasma – it is the toxins from the Nightmare Tower, but modified to remove the hallucinations but made deadlier. So it’s an advanced form of the Nightmare Tower toxins.

Were do we get this information? The explorators in the priory camp are saying that it is very different from the nightmare tower toxin.

Slow clap for the great puppet player.

in Lore

Posted by: bullyrook.2165

bullyrook.2165

I was wondering the same. Sounds to me that we were just wrong about why Scarlet created the Tower of Nightmares

in Lore

Posted by: Maethor.2810

Maethor.2810

We find that out, at least in part, in Dead End: A Study in Scarlet quest from the Origins of Madness patch.

Namely these quotes:

The courtiers grew the plant, and the krait made it toxic. The combination was a poison so powerful…
Marjory Delaqua: This sample is resistant to the antitoxin we used against the Nightmare Tower poison.
Kasmeer Meade: Jory, we didn’t stop her plan. We just showed her how to make a stronger poison that could wipe out an entire city.

~Signe Grimsdottir | Wynne Everheart | Magiere Massing~
The Archivist’s Sanctum [Lore] – Just Us Grown-Ups [JUGS]

in Lore

Posted by: Horst Hortensie.5420

Horst Hortensie.5420

I wanted to observe the priory discussion again, but it seems removed.

Slow clap for the great puppet player.

in Lore

Posted by: Fext.3614

Fext.3614

I’m affraid not. The most annoying npcs are always unkillable in this game. Just watch her to return to life turned into some demigod monster after getting washed in the blue goo drilled out in the last cutscene. Some of the story designers just love Scarlet.
Bet that the risen Scarlet will tame all elder dragons and the main plot will continue as a battle between her and queen Jennah, while these two will also start developing a lesbian love – hate romance.

in Lore

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I’m affraid not. The most annoying npcs are always unkillable in this game.

That’s not true. We killed that apple selling char that worked for the Order of Whispers. He’s probably the most annoying character in the whole game.

in Lore

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Cartoon super villains can always be resurrected by writers. But usually it’s the popular ones. I’m not sure ANet would want to risk bringing back Scarlet.

in Lore

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Maybe after she “died” she WayPointed elsewhere to revive. My own Sylvari does it all the time

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Lore

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

Maybe after she “died” she WayPointed elsewhere to revive. My own Sylvari does it all the time

Now requesting option to enable “dying laughter”. Laugh maniacally as you are killed before WPing back.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

in Lore

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Of course we didn’t really kill Scarlet. Captain Evon Gnashblade rode one of his dolyaks into the scene and finish-stomped her so hard we forgot about his incredibly bad Black Lion Chests.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Lore

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

Of course we didn’t really kill Scarlet. Captain Evon Gnashblade rode one of his dolyaks into the scene and finish-stomped her so hard we forgot about his incredibly bad Black Lion Chests.

Requesting Lion’s Arch to be rebuilt with stacked unopened Black Lion Chests.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

in Lore

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

I’m usually happy to don my “all is lore!” hat but in this case I think it really was just gameplay-driven. It was Mai Trin in the forge because she was associated with Scarlet like the others, and we must have killed the real Scarlet because players would mutiny otherwise. It’s still interesting to read your speculation, though.

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I’m expecting a scarlet-zombie-dragon-general deal at some point. Well as long as she’s a mindless husk I guess it wouldn’t be too bad.