Divine Fire?

Divine Fire?

in Lore

Posted by: Ivan.3401

Ivan.3401

So after going back and doing the LS2 achievements and all the hullabaloo with Divine Fire, why does it get left at the wayside during the HoT storyline? (iirc I don’t recall EVER using it or mention of it). Is it simply not important anymore? Will it ever come back in storylines with other dragons or were only Mordrem susceptible to it?

Divine Fire?

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Yeah, I found that a bit odd myself. With it proving to not only ward off mordrem, but be capable of killing the thought-to-be-immortal dragon champion, one would think they’d look into it. Especially with Forgotten magic all over the place.

I also found the lack of trying to make a local purification ritual (first seen in Arah explorable) happen weird.

Hell, I found the lack of a lot of certain things weird.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Divine Fire?

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Actually isnt that a dropped plotpoint again?
i thought we will create it artificialy to fight Mordremoth.
I mean, it was very effective.

Can we get divine weapons for the future please?

Divine Fire?

in Lore

Posted by: Gorgaan Peaudesang.8324

Gorgaan Peaudesang.8324

Does the divine fire was extinguished after the battle?

Ogden : For all we know, the fire could fade over time. And the wax seal is broken; we can’t repeat the ritual.

Guild Wars 2 Wiki FR contributor

Divine Fire?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

It was, that doesn’t mean that with us finding a city made by the Forgotten with beings charged with tasks by the Forgotten, that we wouldn’t try to find either of the two very effective anti-dragon magics (the purification ritual and divine fire) which are heavily tied if not originating from the Forgotten.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Divine Fire?

in Lore

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I’m pretty sure we stomp the Mordy dream boss with divine fire. At least the animation heavily suggests so.

One – Piken Square

Divine Fire?

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

I have a vague memory of the glow disappearing when you do so, too, so it’s possible that the intention was that the divine fire was expended in destroying the Shadow of the Dragon.

It is disappointing that the Divine Fire thread wasn’t continued, though, since if anyone still living (well, you know what I mean) could claim to be Ascended or otherwise have permanent access to Divine Fire, it would be the Exalted. It’s possible that a lot of their magic IS using Divine Fire (keeping in mind that it only seemed able to repel lesser Mordrem in LS2) – but this has not been identified as such.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Divine Fire?

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

I’m pretty sure we stomp the Mordy dream boss with divine fire. At least the animation heavily suggests so.

If so, it is just a methaphorical representation (aka the artist had fun here).
We are in the dream and I dont recall us ascending or getting infused with divine fire.
We are not even the Catalyst.
We left the tool carying the fire with the shadow of the dragon.

Divine Fire?

in Lore

Posted by: Deleena.3406

Deleena.3406

With HoT happening right after LW S2 its kinda odd for our chars
to forget about such a important weapon to me. (also should Rox still have it?)

Divine Fire?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Rox having it would have been a really neat touch, but since she’s a bow user we’d never see her use it, really, unless it was called for or she took up a sword or axe mainhand.

Dear ANet writers,

Divine Fire?

in Lore

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Rox having it would have been a really neat touch, but since she’s a bow user we’d never see her use it, really, unless it was called for or she took up a sword or axe mainhand.

Maybe she would find a way to set her arrows alight with divine fire?

One – Piken Square

Divine Fire?

in Lore

Posted by: Snow.2506

Snow.2506

I have a really strange theory. Pay attention to the Pact campfires, especially those in Verdant Brink at night. Look at the colours of the flame.

For the love of the high damage, high mobility, glass cannon. Thief to the bitter end.

Divine Fire?

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

I think that’s just the trick of throwing chemical powder into a fire (also generating the red smoke). The Mordrem don’t appear particularly frightened of the campfires, even the weaker Mordrem. If anything, it seems as if they’re attracted to them – from the Pact’s perspective, though, they’re a necessary evil to allow other survivors to find the rally points.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.