Dragon Teamup/Pale Tree speculation?

in Lore

Posted by: Pandacroc.6591

Pandacroc.6591

okay so I was thinking maybe scarlets evil plan was actually to kill the dragon by cutting of the food supply and this is the nature dragon there is little to no evidence unlike the other dragons that it is actually evil so personally I am thinking how cool would it be to have a teamup with the dragon. would love to see your thoughts on this

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

The Elder Dragons want to devour magic. All the magic. Everything in Tyria is imbued with magic. The ground, the water, the plants, dead things, living things, everything.

In the end, we will always be food and a resource for them.

in Lore

Pandacroc.6591

yes BUT it was just sitting there quietly for what 10,000 years maybe this dragon is more passive more willing to just absorb ambient magic but I guess an argument could be made that it was asleep forcefully

in Lore

Pandacroc.6591

also the pale tree is a very powerful magical plant entity maybe she uses the dream to put the dragon back to sleep or I am more hopeful ,tame it at least into a less active/destructive role

in Lore

Erukk.1408

yes BUT it was just sitting there quietly for what 10,000 years maybe this dragon is more passive more willing to just absorb ambient magic but I guess an argument could be made that it was asleep forcefully

It was hibernating like the other Elder Dragons were. After a given amount of time, and if/when the ambient magic levels of Tyria hit a certain level, the Elder Dragons awaken to feed. Though, they can awaken a bit earlier through help of some of their champions, which function in a way like an alarm clock. The death of these champions can delay their respected Elder Dragon’s awakening for a number of years.

They always wake up in the end though, as shown at least by Kralk. Glint was his champion, and she was actively acting against him. But in the end, he still woke up by himself, and the first thing he did was go after her to kill her.

(edited by Erukk.1408)

in Lore

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

If an elder dragon wants to work with you, it turns you into a corrupted minion and starts giving orders.

in Lore

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

okay so I was thinking maybe scarlets evil plan was actually to kill the dragon by cutting of the food supply

This is like seeing your mom get breakfast in bed and saying “Yep, dad’s plan must be to starve her by not feeding her.”

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

I would also like to point out that this new dragon’s minion/servant/friend Scarlet was a mass murdering psychopath…

If she was a minion of his (not sure yet if she still held some independence or not) then her actions would definitely reflect his intentions.

in Lore

Posted by: Jelle.4623

Jelle.4623

Would you team up with ants?

in Lore

Erukk.1408

Sad thing is, I probably would. It would finally get them out of my cabinets once and for all, and I could sic them on my enemies. If all it would take is a sacrificial bag of sugar for them to be my allies, so be it!

I doubt they would be lively conversational partners though.

in Lore

Posted by: Jelle.4623

Jelle.4623

Sad thing is, I probably would. It would finally get them out of my cabinets once and for all, and I could sic them on my enemies. If all it would take is a sacrificial bag of sugar for them to be my allies, so be it!

I doubt they would be lively conversational partners though.

Hahaha, good point!