Dragon Tooth=Corruption?

Dragon Tooth=Corruption?

in Lore

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

Is Holbrick being slowly corrupted? Seen with teh blade of dragon blood and such? Is there any evidence that dragon remains corrups?

Dragon Tooth=Corruption?

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

The Spear made from Kralkatorrik’s spine used in the novel Edge of Destiny, as well as Kralkatorrik’s crystallized blood in said novel, did not corrupt. So it would seem that remains in of themselves do not corrupt. Similarly, the Shards of Zhaitan that act as Arah dungeon tokens don’t seem to corrupt either.

Dragon corruption seems to be an active… act, given how during hibernation the Elder Dragons release the magic they had consumed while awake, but it does not corrupt (hence why the asura were able to siphon off of Primordus to power their original gate network). So I would believe that the Sanguinary Blade was made in a unique fashion that these other known remnants of Elder Dragon bodyparts were not.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Dragon Tooth=Corruption?

in Lore

Fafnir.5124

Didn’t destines edge have the tattoos that prevent corruption. So wouldn’t that explain how spear didn’t corrupt them in the novel. Maybe it did corrupt and Rylock is a ticking time bomb?

Dragon Tooth=Corruption?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Those tattoos made from powdered grey powerstones only prevented mental magic – which is what the Dragonspawn used to corrupt and only the Dragonspawn. It held no effect on other dragons’ corruption like that of Kralkatorriks given that they had to get out of the way of the dragon breath each time.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Dragon Tooth=Corruption?

in Lore

Posted by: Steel Fenrir.2791

Steel Fenrir.2791

Since Zhaitan could make “avatars” such as the Eye of Zhaitan and Mouth of Zhaitan which are magically linked to Zhaitan himself, maybe the Jormag’s tooth is link to Jormag itself just the same way Jormag’s blood could corrupt creatures, that is to say the blood is still connected to Jormag. So my theory is that the tooth corrupts but because Jormag is a master of deception, it just doesn’t make it apparent and makes it seem the tooth in the city of the Norns is harmless. It could be that Jormag is corrupting Norn by “whispering” thoughts of power to them when they are nearby the tooth, but Jormag just doesn’t make it apparent the tooth is doing something them.

Dragon Tooth=Corruption?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Despite their names, the Eyes and Mouths of Zhaitan are not a piece of Zhaitan’s body – unlike the blood and tooth of Jormag which are not dragon minions but body parts. The Eyes and Mouths of Zhaitan are dragon champions – like Tequatl the Sunless, Glint, The Shatterer, The Great Destroyer, Claw of Jormag, Dragonspawn, and so forth – but with specialized tasks: to act as mobile eyes and mouths for Zhaitan respectively.

With the exception of that specialized task, they are no different than any other dragon champion, which in turn is just a very powerful and self-intelligent dragon minion. Again, the Fang of the Serpent (the name given to Jormag’s knocked-out tooh) is not a dragon minion – it is no more such than a Shard of Zhaitan dungeon trophy is.

Dear ANet writers,

Dragon Tooth=Corruption?

in Lore

Steel Fenrir.2791

No, it’s not the body part name I meant. What I meant is that those servants are still linked to Zhaitan, sort of like remote beacons or something.

Dragon Tooth=Corruption?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Every minion is linked to their dragon – that’s not unique to the Eyes and Mouths of Zhaitan. Zhaitan knows everything that all of its minions knew and learn. Honestly, the Eyes of Zhaitan don’t seem all that unique to me, given that in an earlier personal story step the Pale Tree basically says that all minions function in the same way. Though I guess the difference is that Eyes give immediate visual feedback, whereas normal minions is just “what it knows, Zhaitan learns” rather than “what it sees”. Just thoughts are shared, as opposed to vision, that is to say.

Either way though, the same doesn’t hold to dismembered body parts. Minions and teeth or blood function differently.

Dear ANet writers,

Dragon Tooth=Corruption?

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

I have to wonder at that. Unless I’m mistaken, the only time that’s mentioned is in Forging the Pact, where Trahearne says “Zhaitan knows everything its minions know.” Normally, when we get that kind of point-blank statement in the personal story, we take it is fact, and I have no doubt that the developers intended it to be that way… but how could Trahearne have tested that hypothesis, let alone proven it?

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

Dragon Tooth=Corruption?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I had actually forgotten about Forging the Pact, but there’s this:

Avatar of the Tree: Those who have been corrupted reveal everything to Zhaitan. Nothing is secret, least of all those places where his enemies hide.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/A_Light_in_the_Darkness

This shared knowledge is how Zhaitan located the three Orders’ HQs to attack them. While one may dismiss it for the Durmand Priory and Vigil Keep, it’s hard to do that for the Chantry of Secrets, hidden as it is. Only a Risen Whispers agent would have allowed Zhaitan to know where to strike.

That’s where Trahearne got that information, I would argue. Though how the Pale Tree did I question, but with the attack on the Chantry and the other HQs, I find it hard to doubt. And I think it’s brought up again in Orr events/story steps. Don’t recall anything specific though.

Dear ANet writers,

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

Dragon Tooth=Corruption?

in Lore

Steel Fenrir.2791

My theory is that Jormag could speak to someone just by touching Jormag’s tooth or by being near it, and that Jormag may even be able to channel its power through it. Bringing the tooth to Hoelbrak is a bad idea if you ask me. I don’t know the true nature of the dragons, but one thing is for sure, they do not live and die like ordinary creature. My theory is that they are pure magic, and if the tooth is from a dragon, then the thing that could destroy it is something that negates or destroys magic itself. The “gods” could give and take magic. I don’t know how, but I think they have the means to destroy magic. And since the undead still walk the land of Orr, Zhaitan must still be alive, or atleast, still exist in Tyria, since those undead are linked to it.

Dragon Tooth=Corruption?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I think that if such was possible, it would have been discovered after 150 years of being at Hoelbrak.

Also, the Six Gods did not create magic – all they did was tamper with the Bloodstone, which was made by the Seers to store the world’s magic.

And furthermore, the death of a leader does not mean the death of all its minions. So I fail to see why “Risen still exist = Zhaitan stil llives.”

Dear ANet writers,

Dragon Tooth=Corruption?

in Lore

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Dragon corruption seems to be an active… act, given how during hibernation the Elder Dragons release the magic they had consumed while awake, but it does not corrupt (hence why the asura were able to siphon off of Primordus to power their original gate network). So I would believe that the Sanguinary Blade was made in a unique fashion that these other known remnants of Elder Dragon bodyparts were not.

Okay, explain the Nornbear

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Dragon Tooth=Corruption?

in Lore

Fafnir.5124

Despite their names, the Eyes and Mouths of Zhaitan are not a piece of Zhaitan’s body – unlike the blood and tooth of Jormag which are not dragon minions but body parts. The Eyes and Mouths of Zhaitan are dragon champions – like Tequatl the Sunless, Glint, The Shatterer, The Great Destroyer, Claw of Jormag, Dragonspawn, and so forth – but with specialized tasks: to act as mobile eyes and mouths for Zhaitan respectively.

With the exception of that specialized task, they are no different than any other dragon champion, which in turn is just a very powerful and self-intelligent dragon minion. Again, the Fang of the Serpent (the name given to Jormag’s knocked-out tooh) is not a dragon minion – it is no more such than a Shard of Zhaitan dungeon trophy is.

Arguably they could be considering that Zitain Body is composed of its minnions and since it is the only elder dragon we seen while awakened it is only one we can really go by.

Dragon Tooth=Corruption?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Drakkar – a champion of Jormag – was awake trapped inside that ice.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/uploads/gallery/album_163/gallery_3318_163_39486.png
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/uploads/gallery/album_163/gallery_3318_163_60398.png
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/uploads/gallery/album_163/gallery_3318_163_19649.png
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/uploads/gallery/album_163/gallery_3318_163_3412.png

It was an active act. Just not on Jormag’s part.

Arguably they could be considering that Zitain Body is composed of its minnions and since it is the only elder dragon we seen while awakened it is only one we can really go by.

Nothing but the original concept art for Zhaitan’s body indicates that Zhaitan’s body is made of its minions – and at that, said concept art is of being made of dragons, not just simply minions. In other words, it’d be made of dozens of Tequatls. The in-game model is fairly different, though rather abomination-like and holds dozens of draconic heads, its skin isn’t of the same design as the concept art (which literally had bodies of dragons compressed against each other – the in-game model’s only indication of being made of multiple dragons is the multiple heads/wings/tails).

Also, we have seen Primordus as well as part of Kralkatorrik – in GW1. And while we have not seen all of Kralkatorrik or Jormag, they have been seen before (Destiny’s Edge seeing Kralkatorrik), and there’s no indication that they’re made of anything out of the ordinary. The most out-of-the-ordinary for Kralkatorrik is that he can physically become a sandstorm.

Dear ANet writers,

Dragon Tooth=Corruption?

in Lore

Fafnir.5124

Drakkar – a champion of Jormag – was awake trapped inside that ice.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/uploads/gallery/album_163/gallery_3318_163_39486.png
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/uploads/gallery/album_163/gallery_3318_163_60398.png
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/uploads/gallery/album_163/gallery_3318_163_19649.png
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/uploads/gallery/album_163/gallery_3318_163_3412.png

It was an active act. Just not on Jormag’s part.

Nothing but the original concept art for Zhaitan’s body indicates that Zhaitan’s body is made of its minions – and at that, said concept art is of being made of dragons, not just simply minions. In other words, it’d be made of dozens of Tequatls. The in-game model is fairly different, though rather abomination-like and holds dozens of draconic heads, its skin isn’t of the same design as the concept art (which literally had bodies of dragons compressed against each other – the in-game model’s only indication of being made of multiple dragons is the multiple heads/wings/tails).

Also, we have seen Primordus as well as part of Kralkatorrik – in GW1. And while we have not seen all of Kralkatorrik or Jormag, they have been seen before (Destiny’s Edge seeing Kralkatorrik), and there’s no indication that they’re made of anything out of the ordinary. The most out-of-the-ordinary for Kralkatorrik is that he can physically become a sandstorm.

Doesn’t Kralkatorrik becoming a sand storm go with Glint’s hideout being contained in a grain of sand in the crystal desert? Also could have been like a Mezmer illusion become like an Elementalist tornado in the desert = Sandstorm.

Dragon Tooth=Corruption?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Glint’s sanctuary wasn’t actually in a single grain of sand. That was a falsified rumor to mislead people – the reality was that it was simply hidden behind an illusion, which would dispel once the onlooker realized the sanctuary was in front of him/her.

Dear ANet writers,