Dragons and Abaddon

Dragons and Abaddon

in Lore

Posted by: Fleaman.9864

Fleaman.9864

It’s just something I was kinda wondering about.

Kralkatorrik was asleep in the Charr homelands north of Ascalon. When the Charr invaded Ascalon, they casted a spell that covered it in purple crystals. Purple crystals are kind of Kralkatorrik’s thing, but this particular event was supposedly bankrolled by the Titans, who work for Abaddon.

Zhaitan was asleep under the city of Arah. When the Charr invaded Arah, Vizier Khilbron casted a spell that sank Arah onto Zhaitan’s slumbering face, and turned himself and the citizens of Orr into undead. Undead, again, kind of Zhaitan’s thing, but, again, this was apparently Abaddon’s doing.

Hypothesis: The magic involved in the Searing and the Cataclysm was Elder Dragon magic. We do know that Primordius was giving off energy something fierce before he awoke. Abaddon guided his servants to use this magic, since he was trapped and unable to use his own power.

We know of two other big magic disasters in Tyria’s history. One is Nightfall, and that one at least had Abaddon written all over it. The other was the Jade Wind.

Jade Dragon?

Dragons and Abaddon

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

This is far from new and has been discussed several times. Wish the search function actually worked so I could again say to use search first. :P

Ahem Anyways…

Technically, the Searing Crystals in gw1 are blue, not purple. The color seems to have been changed between the two games somewhat though, especially comparing the new smaller Searing Crystals. And the Searing has been said to have been empowered by magic long sleeping – however, to disconnect the tie to Abaddon, the titans are only known to have given the charr ONE Searing Cauldron – the Cauldron of Cataclysm. Therewere other cauldrons, enchanted by the Flame Legion according to the Durmand Priory.

As to the Cataclysm, it was powered by magic said originally to be from before the Bloodstones. Given this was said during Prophecies, this means 1 BE, when magic was wild and powerful. Highly unlikely to have a tie to Zhaitan. Furthermore, unless Forgotten magic was involved, then all GW1 Orrian undead would be Risen which are fanatically devote to Zhaitan first and foremost. And they most certainly were not. Furthermore again, Risen are not standard undead.

Jade Wind was caused by a dark ritual Shiro used to absorb divine blessings from Dwayna. The Jade Wind was basically a huge amount of Dwayna’s magic turned to malicious uses. No Elder Dragon involved.

In short, Searing may have been powered by Kralkatorrik but not necessarily by Abaddon aka Titans’ directions. Cataclysm has a VERY slim chance. Jade Wind has a 0% chance of relation to dragons at the moment.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

Dragons and Abaddon

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

There seems to be very little pointing towards the gods knowing a lot about the Elder Dragons, or at the very least the locations of them as they slept. But if any of the gods did, I would state that it is very likely that the God of Secrets did. I would guess that it is very possible that Abaddon did some playing with Elder Dragon magic. It seems, based on what we see, that Elder Dragon magic only corrupts when channeled in a specific way, so it would be somewhat benign. I have to wonder if this couldn’t be some of the reason that he was “strong enough to take on two gods, but not all five” and if this could shed more light on why such a schism separated between him and the others. It seems clear that Kralkatorrik’s magic was likely channeled during the Searing, and I would say that IF Zhaitan’s magic was used in the cataclysm, it wasn’t him doing the actions, but magic being channeled out of him, thus not creating the minion like mentality within the Lich Lord. The Jade Wind (from what we’ve been told, aka until it gets changed) was a corruption of a magical blessing given by Dwayna. And Nightfall was entirely the machinations of Abaddon from the Realm of Torment. I do not see why Elder Dragons should be linked to either of these evens, Nightfall most of all. Nighfall was an invasion from the Mists, which the dragons held no control over before awakening.

Dragons and Abaddon

in Lore

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

Abbadon’s actions are tied to the Flameseeker Prophecies Glint forsaw….

What are the chances that the Titans would exploit Glint’s or rather her former master Kralkatorrik’s magic after such a prophecy was made?