Dragons and the rest of the World

in Lore

Posted by: Phineas Drayke.6381

Phineas Drayke.6381

Hi,

I’m not very active on the forums but I follow many discussions, especially about the lore.

But there is one thing I didn’t come across on the forums yet, but I’m asking myself a question since I saw this:

!http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/backend/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/World-of-Tyria.jpg!

As most know since this map we’ve seen in the OoW HQ, the world of Tyria seems to be very large an we know only very small parts of it. So I’m wondering:

Why did most dragons appear more or less in the same zone, the zone gw2 is all about for now. It seems 5 dragons are in the same zone (Jormag north of he shiverpeaks, Krakaltorrik east and now south, arround the crystal desert, primordius underground, but still arround kryta, mordremoth west in the jungle, Zhaitan was south near Orr)and one, the DSD iseven more south, near cantha if I’m not mistaken.

But whatabout the rest of the world, is there no magic that the dragons don’t need to go there.
Or is there enough magic in this part of the world to feed them all?
Or are there other unknown dragons in those parts of the world?

I’ll stop just with these questions, I have so many others. But perhaps some of you folks can enlighten me.

Thanks and sorry for mistakes or badly turned expressions, english is not my native language.

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Unknown and possible for later storylines.

However we are to asume that the six eldar dragon are a global thread (though their trackrecord with using the word “global” or “world” is rather questionworthy. Mostly they refer to the continent and not the world.)

As far as I am considered their plan is basicly:

Zaithan: Get an Order army together and beat it.
Mordremoth: Get an Continental Army and beat it
Next: Get another Continent to help against the eldar dragon
next: Discover more about the world on a new continent
next: Get another continent to help

In between we tackle subplots about the six, Mursaat, the white Mantel, Gargoyles and other funny people who are much more interesting then the EDs themselves in the long run.

in Lore

Posted by: Phineas Drayke.6381

Phineas Drayke.6381

I hope we’ll get to see more of this world like. Old lore being exploited would be nice to (still want to see those janthir isles…).

But like you say, for now we can’t really talk about a global threat, cause the dragons are concentrated on a rather small portion of tyria.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Since we don’t really know much about that time, it’s impossible to say, but the running theory as I’ve seen it is that the Elder Dragons are concentrated on Tyria due to the Bloodstones. During the end of the previous dragon rise, all non-corrupted magic was sealed into the original Bloodstone – so the Elder Dragons’ sole food source (except potentially the krait obelisks depending on how ancient those are) was in continental Tyria.

It should be noted that only Primordus and Kralkatorrik have a lot of influence over Tyria’s past beyond being known in dwarven and jotun legends. Zhaitan is pretty much non-existent except that he fell asleep in Arah, where it just so happened that a champion of Kralkatorrik was freed at (and Kralkatorrik not only fell asleep in the now-called Blood Legion Homelands, but had battled over the Crystal Sea). Jormag’s influence is in Drakkar in the Far Shiverpeaks and the Sanguinary Blade, and Jormag himself awoke north of continental Tyria. And Mordremoth has pretty much nothing known about him being in Tyria during the previous rise, except that he fell asleep on the western edge of continental Tyria.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

we should also not rule out the simple idea of it being all coincidental.

Maybe they just fell asleep in more or less the same location due to their natural cycle.

We still do not know enough about them to be honest.

Maybe after they have eaten enough they come together, cuddle and then fall asleep.