Elemental Gender

Elemental Gender

in Lore

Posted by: Simplicity.7208

Simplicity.7208

Q:

Do elementals have genders? I ask because I just noticed the sprite for this elemental while playing…it definitely looks female.

Attachments:

Elemental Gender

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

A:

Some seem to have male or female like bodies, but they definitely do not have genders. Fire elementals have always had more female type bodies since GW1, and I believe it is because of the more sensual and curved body of the female fits better with the way in which flames work. In the same way earth elementals definitely take on the general shape of what would be considered male (broad chest, skinnier stomach) and it fits because of the more chiseled form of a man. So in other words, it’s basic aesthetics.

Elemental Gender

in Lore

Posted by: voidvector.2780

voidvector.2780

Zommoros (the djinn) is male. Djinns are basically sentient elementals (according to the wiki).

Elemental Gender

in Lore

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

In GW1 there was a clear distinction between elementals and djinn.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Elemental Gender

in Lore

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

hmm, that may have change then. A recent forum post (within the past month or so) linked an interview where anet described djinn as sentient elementals. I think it was in a thread asking for djinn to be a playable race.

Elemental Gender

in Lore

Posted by: Caerulei.7159

Caerulei.7159

Djinn are in a way sentient elementals, but they are not the same as the elementals you summon. So both Dustfinger AND Mad Queen are correct, there is a clear distinction between the too, but for classification sake they can be considered similar creatures.

Encharrneer of first Foundation then Chronicles of Tyria.

Elemental Gender

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Weren’t they described something like, “what djinn are to elementals, humans are to apes”?