Elona and the Infinity Coil

in Lore

Posted by: bokunocarrie.7215

bokunocarrie.7215

I was reading somewhere that ANet had no plans to expand on what happened with Joko in Elona in its current state. But just from what’s given to you, I’d figure Elona would be open up at some point because isn’t Kralkatorrik currently in Elona from his landing after creating the Dragonbrand? And on the wiki, it says that there are Undead from Zhaitan also in Elona so that gives Branded, Undead, and whatever Joko has. Plus there’s the desert gate in Fields of Ruin where the Ebonhawke guards are standing by. And then there’s the fact that the Order of Whispers is able to get in and out of there safely but it’s unknown how. Even if Joko wasn’t expanded on, the Branded and Kralkatorrik alone are good starting points. If Joko was included though, I’d see that more as a living story kind of thing. You kill him and whatnot but whether he’s there or not, you still have to deal with Kralkatorrik.

As for Elder Dragons in general, (at least the people I’ve talked to about it) some people didn’t know that the chambers of the Infinity Coil are for the Elder Dragon minions. I kind of figured it out but then I wondered about the Green Zone. The deep sea dragon has already kind of been mentioned as being the reason the krait and some of the quaggan are up here (I say some because I know that more quaggan came down from the Far Shiverpeaks) but the Green Zone has the volatile blossoms in there so would it be nature or poison?

blackgate #FHDFriday

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Crystal Desert =/= Elona.

But we will go there for sure.

Green, if you mean Mordremoth, is probably in the Maguuma. Other side of Tyria.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I’d figure Elona would be open up at some point because isn’t Kralkatorrik currently in Elona from his landing after creating the Dragonbrand?

He isn’t. We don’t know where Kralkatorrik went. He may still be in northern Crystal Desert, being that “dark force” mentioned by the Desert Gate Guards outside Ebonhawke.

-snip completely different topic of Zone Green-

What Aaron linked.

Though the link is highly outdated now, it hasn’t had anything disproven afaik.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

kralkatorik is in the north of crystal desert (where brand ends) and at the bottom (but not in) crystal desert is elona where joko has an undead army (not zhaitan) to get to elona we have to first kill kralky, if there will be an elona expansion, it will be to help the sunsears and deal with joko

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

in Lore

Posted by: bokunocarrie.7215

bokunocarrie.7215

Oh goodness, thank you for correcting me. Since they’re so close together, I mix up the Crystal Desert and Elona.

blackgate #FHDFriday

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

@Getefix: At the end of the novel Edge of Destiny, Kralkatorrik flies off. He’s no longer creating the Dragonbrand when he does so, so we don’t know if he went back or went somewhere else.

Also, the Sunspears no longer exist. They were broken and disbanded. There are still some lone travelers who supposedly hold Sunspear belief, but that’s all really. At least as far as we’re told or that’s implied to us.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Gandarel.5091

I still believe that the mordant crescent isn’t entirely corrupted, and at the right time atleast a part of them would turn against palawa or reform the sunspears.

Any thoughts?

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

In its early days, I’d say definitely. But in GW2’s time? Idk.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Gandarel.5091

Yes, same thing concerns me, but they are living ones afterall, in the domain of undeath. Some may want to free their people because they have seen what’s going on behind the scenes.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Lore

Getefix.9150

i thought kralky lived in the end of the brand, and that the brand wasnt him doing it on purpose, it was what happened when he flew, being said, why didnt water crystallise?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

It was made by his breath, specifically “plasma” breathing, but as said – in the Edge of Destiny novel, it’s shown to be a proactive action by Kralkatorrik.

Why didn’t water crystallize? Never explained, however I suspect it has to do with the reason why the ghosts were left untouched too. I suspect that Kralkatorrik only corrupted things that were physical – and lightning.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Getefix.9150

there are branded sparks which is not really physical and water is physical, you think maybe he cant?

in Lore

Posted by: Grappler.2389

Grappler.2389

a joko story would be too big for living story and would have to be packaged with a kralkatorrik/ crystal desert expansion

in Lore

Getefix.9150

kralkatorrik and joko will be 2 different bits, theyre equally big, joko maybe bigger since we know how to kill him, either use the ultra mega laser used against zhaitan or see if zojja can figure out those power crystal things and hope kralky hasnt removed the wreath, joko on the other hand is different, he’ll be organised, and the fact that he cant be killed… unless maybe we split his body into different pieces and scatter them

in Lore

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

kralkatorrik and joko will be 2 different bits, theyre equally big, joko maybe bigger since we know how to kill him, either use the ultra mega laser used against zhaitan or see if zojja can figure out those power crystal things and hope kralky hasnt removed the wreath, joko on the other hand is different, he’ll be organised, and the fact that he cant be killed… unless maybe we split his body into different pieces and scatter them

I assume you meant Kralk when you said Joko xD? Somehow I don’t think the dragon lazer is our best line of attack against Joko :P.
I definitely agree though, I can see the Kralk storyline being shorter in comparison to the Zhaitain storyline, whereas the Joko stuff I would think would be more akin to the size of the current storyline. That’s just opinion though and I know they’ve said they don’t want to do full sized campaigns so it will be interesting to see how it all pans out/if it does.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

there are branded sparks which is not really physical and water is physical, you think maybe he cant?

Like I said, exception being lightning.

However, I wouldn’t call water “physical” – or rather, I should clarify that by physical I meant solid.

He creates lightning itself, so the sparks may be direct electrical energy from Kralkatorrik or the Branded, rather than corrupted Air Elementals.

And I wouldn’t say there’s anything an Elder Dragon “can’t” corrupt, but rather there are things they choose not to corrupt. Crucible of Eternity, and other story steps, utilize draconic energies for purposes the Elder Dragon doesn’t use it for, which corrupts things that would otherwise not be a corruption. E.g., there’s not one proven Destroyer that was once a living being, except in Crucible of Eternity story mode formed from Inquest experiments (but that overall is an odd room, as you’ll see a kodan turned into a Branded Charr and a human turned into an Icebrood Kodan and a charr turned into a Destroyer Troll).

And before you bring up the Destroyer Queen, since it’s been done before to my argument, nothing really says that it was once a corrupted being – the mentors all speculate either a corrupted living being, or a new form of standard destroyer. The eggs themselves hatch not only Destroyer Crablings, but also full grown Destroyer Crabs and even Destroyer Trolls, which indicate those “eggs” are merely portable single-individual “spawning pools” which the destroyers are known to form from (form slowly in vats of lava and stone as seen in Edge of Destiny and, somewhat, in Eye of the North).

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

I haven’t done CoE yet so please correct me if I’m wrong.
But could it not be likely that the Dragons corrupt that which they can easily control. So that isn’t to say that they can’t corrupt things, but like you said rather that they choose not to. Therefore with the Inquest they corrupt things the dragons themselves don’t normally corrupt because they’re able to exert some kind of control over them through their own technologies? (like I said, haven’t done CoE yet so I’m only working with the limited knowledge of it that I do have).

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

The Inquest show no indication of being able to control anything. With the possible exception of Kudu’s Monster… though that’s still uncertain, given that there was no Inquest alive to try to control the thing.

There’s a scene in the explorable mode where some Inquest are fully surrounded by dragon minions that’re trying to attack them. Subject Alpha’s escape is all about an experimental multi-dragon-corrupted minion being outside of their control.

They were trying to create and control a dragon champion. Kudu turned himself into one more or less, but there’s no indication they were succeeding, beyond the fact that Kudu had dragon-related abilities and had his own mind.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

The Inquest show no indication of being able to control anything. With the possible exception of Kudu’s Monster… though that’s still uncertain, given that there was no Inquest alive to try to control the thing.

There’s a scene in the explorable mode where some Inquest are fully surrounded by dragon minions that’re trying to attack them. Subject Alpha’s escape is all about an experimental multi-dragon-corrupted minion being outside of their control.

They were trying to create and control a dragon champion. Kudu turned himself into one more or less, but there’s no indication they were succeeding, beyond the fact that Kudu had dragon-related abilities and had his own mind.

Ahh ok. My bad, as I said, haven’t played CoE yet :P
Still stands to reason that the inquest wouldn’t really be aware of what was most convenient for the dragon to corrupt and would therefore simply corrupt whatever they wanted?

in Lore

Getefix.9150

if you look at branded anything, plants especially (in scenery) it seems as though the water in the organism would have turned to crystal as well, since plants are mainly made of water
maybe im just used to the idea of the jade sea being petrified to.. well… jade?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

The Jade Wind simply turned all things to stone – which meant water turned into gemstone.

The inside of the Branded is interesting, as it seems like everything beneath the skin is crystal. Blood included. But yet ghosts were untouched and rivers/lakes were left liquid.

Dear ANet writers,