End Game -living story season 2

in Lore

Posted by: saventis.1485

saventis.1485

iv just been thinking about it and im trying to figure out whats gonna happen to end this season
Arena net has been throwing around things like “this season will be a point of no return”
but what does that mean?
with the mordrem becoming a threat at the end of season two up to about the point of last patch i thought that perhaps what was gonna happen was that there would be a sudden attack on all the cities at once by the vines were thousands would be killed. the world leaders would be targeted specifically i thought jennah may die or somehow mesmer away again ( tho if scarlet fed mordy info he may have been testing them(if not a lutienent)(imagine an evil glint but mordy minion instead of kralks))
the imperator would bw killed and rytlock would come back from the mists in next season to take his place as leader out of necesity (blinded in mists)
perhaps norn may be left largly alone as they are high up in snowy areas(jormags domain?)
and sylvari may lose all or most of the first born (pale mother included?and i know shes not a first born :P)
rata sum instead of looking like a floating cube is now held up by a mass of vines making it look like a tree(dont really know how theyd deal with this)
and then the cities would be kinda wrecked zones with vines all through them and stuff (perhaps some move to new places (silver wastes,pilgrimage to a proggresively cleaner (lack of a beter word) orr,rytlock cleanses ascalon charr move in deeper or further into homelands.
however
now i think the point of no return is that the dragon will hatch from the egg and we lear that caith is a little bit evil or corrupt…
i dunno what do you think?
sorry for wall of text
tl:dr
i thought the cities would be destroyed and the races would need to find new homes but now i think that a dragon will hatch and caith is a little evil
little disapointed it isnt the city one but eh fun game

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

The recent news post kinda tells me we’ve seen the point of no return.

A few months ago, we announced that Guild Wars 2‘s Living World experience was launching on a path that would result in our story-and the whole world of Tyria-reaching a point of no return. We’ve since ventured into the heart of Glint’s lair, discovered secrets in the depths of the Durmand Priory, witnessed the fall of the leader of the Zephyrites, recovered the last known dragon egg only to have it stolen out from under us by a longtime friend, and searched through the first memories of the sylvari race in our hunt to find her.

ANet is rather known for overhyping.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

saventis.1485

that dosnt read to me like they are saying this was the hype i feel like its just going over the defining moments of theis half of the season

in Lore

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

I agree with Saventis,

That doesn’t really seem like “hyping” anything, jsut a run down from what has happened so far.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I was saying that the hyping was the claim of “point of no return”, and that in reality our point of no return is a leader’s death, Mordremoth’s awakening, discovering the egg, etc. Basically, I’m not expecting some fancy thing to be the point of no return, but that the claim of a point of no return was just overhyped.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

I was saying that the hyping was the claim of “point of no return”, and that in reality our point of no return is a leader’s death, Mordremoth’s awakening, discovering the egg, etc. Basically, I’m not expecting some fancy thing to be the point of no return, but that the claim of a point of no return was just overhyped.

Idk, while yes arenanet does overhype stuff, and from what they talk about the end of season two , it sounds to me like that would be the “point of no return”

in Lore

saventis.1485

to be honest they didnt overhype season 1 to me (controversial opinion time)i liked season 1s story alot (ven thought it was a bit vauge) if they had of formatted it like this season as in its repeatable ect i believe it would have done alot better

but they hype that they caused was justified i mean queens jubile (and subsiquent scvarlet atttack seems like a big event then theres the attack on lions arch.

this season has had the attack on pale tree and feels like its still missing some large event

and really we havnt reached a point of no return yet as far as i can see
the closest thing i think would be the dragon egg hatching i mean at this point it could either be destroyed or hatched and either would be a point of no return as its (as far as we know) the last of glints eggs

in Lore

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

All points are points of no return, unless you start bringing time travel into it.

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam