Enough with the Salad!

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Is there somewhere we can maybe sacrifice a dolyak and get a Living Story season that is not about the thrice-cursed Sylvari? The unrelenting writer’s pet-race fetishism has gone literally YEARS past being old.

Caithe as the one sensible member/window into the workings of the of the DE, well, whatever.
Trahearne as messiah was poorly executed, but it’s probably not a pattern, right?
Scarlett was a seething abomination of bad writing, and one does see a trend forming…
Now all eyes are on Caith and the rest of the walking salads and their integral role in the fate of all civilization… AGAIN.

Give. It. A. Rest.

Sure: Mordremoth. We’re committed now. But afterwards, can you maybe bench/back burner the Sylvari with the same absentmindedness that the other races have had to endure for coming up on 3 years now?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The whole of the Living Story have built towards the awakening of Mordremoth (and thus the reveal of the Sylvari origin). Mordremoth is the Sylvari dragon, as such it makes sense that they are focused when we are working towards that Dragon.

It is very likely that we will focus Norn when we go for Jormag, Asura when we go for Primordus, Human when we go for Bubbles/Steve and Charr when we go for Kralkatorrik.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

i think the main problem was giving the sylvari the spotlight in the zhaitan arc. it was probably one of the only chances humans would have to shine as well. now that we’re on the mordremoth arc, it makes sense for sylvari to be on the spotlight, but it can feel tiresome because they were already the centerpiece when they shouldn’t have.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

What Bruno said.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

Posted by: jovian.2805

jovian.2805

I agree with both lordkrall and Bruno. I have a feeling the future expacs are going to be focused on both one dragon and one playable race, but at the same time the sylvari have already had the focus…in the former human kingdom of Orr, no less!

I’m sure once the expac hits it will ease a bit, though. we just got through a revelation about sylvari in-story, but I highly doubt that will be the whole expac story. we have all these new races to meet and a whole new dragon to fight, after all.

teachers live in schools, garbage men live in garbage, and firemen live in fire.

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

If Trahearne dies, I hope we can atleast loot his sword Saladbowl Caladbolg.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

if caladbolg isn’t the new legendary GS, i’ll be disappointed.

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

It is very likely that we will focus Norn when we go for Jormag, Asura when we go for Primordus, Human when we go for Bubbles/Steve and Charr when we go for Kralkatorrik.

Which I think is a huge mistake. It’s going to be really boring if each expansion focuses primarily on a single race and isn’t able to meaningfully advance multiple racial storyline. What the charr aren’t going to do anything meaningful because Jormag comes first?

It’s also very difficult/risky to pull off an expansion in a single environment. I don’t doubt ArenaNet will work kitten making the Heart of Maguuma aesthetically diverse and interesting, but there are only so many flavours of jungle they can pull off. After a while players are going to crave a desert, the beach, snowy mountains, a forest or the plains. We have so many diverse environments with the core game, an entire expansion that likely only focuses on one environment could get old really fast.

Repeating that with a Jormag expansion and snow/ice seems like such a waste. I think they will be able to pull it off for a single expansion, but in the future I think players are going to be well and truly sick of single environment expansions and will be craving something bigger. It will be interesting to see what happens with this fewer maps but greater gameplay density design they are going with. Personally I’m concerned.

As far as focusing on the sylvari now, well I don’t know what they have in the pipeline for Jormag, Kralkatorrik, Primordius, the charr homelands, Cantha or Elona, but I suspect the sylvari story had to take place sooner rather than later, especially once they committed with Scarlet. I do think it’s interesting many players got sick of sylvari back when Scarlet was running around, I feel for them now that we get what is essentially a sylvari expansion. This story will define the role of an entire race in the world for every story to come. They had to tell it soon.

the race (or races, in jormag’s case. kodan!) that was most affected will get the spotlight, but that doesn’t mean other races won’t get any attention. i mean, the mordremoth arc so far had a lot of non-sylvari stories. matter of fact, there was quite a big focus on human lore, new and old.

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

lordkrall.7241

Which I think is a huge mistake. It’s going to be really boring if each expansion focuses primarily on a single race and isn’t able to meaningfully advance multiple racial storyline. What the charr aren’t going to do anything meaningful because Jormag comes first?

It’s also very difficult/risky to pull off an expansion in a single environment. I don’t doubt ArenaNet will work kitten making the Heart of Maguuma aesthetically diverse and interesting, but there are only so many flavours of jungle they can pull off. After a while players are going to crave a desert, the beach, snowy mountains, a forest or the plains. We have so many diverse environments with the core game, an entire expansion that likely only focuses on one environment could get old really fast.

Repeating that with a Jormag expansion and snow/ice seems like such a waste. I think they will be able to pull it off for a single expansion, but in the future I think players are going to be well and truly sick of single environment expansions and will be craving something bigger. It will be interesting to see what happens with this fewer maps but greater gameplay density design they are going with. Personally I’m concerned.

As far as focusing on the sylvari now, well I don’t know what they have in the pipeline for Jormag, Kralkatorrik, Primordius, the charr homelands, Cantha or Elona, but I suspect the sylvari story had to take place sooner rather than later, especially once they committed with Scarlet. I do think it’s interesting many players got sick of sylvari back when Scarlet was running around, I feel for them now that we get what is essentially a sylvari expansion. This story will define the role of an entire race in the world for every story to come. They had to tell it soon.

You are assuming that we will only ever have one dragon per expansion. I would not say that is necessarily true. For all we know we will go against both Jormag and Primordus at the same time, thus focusing on the Asura and Norn in the same expansion and giving us both snow and underground.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

Posted by: Titus.4285

Titus.4285

Please keep some weapons unique. If it plays an important and unique overarching role in lore, I think it should be kept that way. If “everyone” starts running around with Caladbolg copies, it really undermines its presence in the storyline.

(P.S. I’m ok with having Belinda’s GS, Braham’s armor etc. available in the gem store. Those items doesn’t play a central role in the story, at least not in the same way. Caladbolg is more of a character of its own. When I think about it though – strangely enough – Magdaer and Sohotin feels really legendary to me in spite of all the copies in gw1. :S)

Let the Kings and Queens of other lands and lesser creatures
witness our wonders and cry out in astonishment and humble themselves.
Beware our mighty works.

(edited by Titus.4285)

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

Please keep some weapons unique. If it plays an important and unique overarching role in lore, I think it should be kept that way. If “everyone” starts running around with Caladbolg copies, it really undermines its presence in the storyline.

(P.S. I’m ok with having Belinda’s GS, Braham’s armor etc. available in the gem store. Those items doesn’t play a central role in the story, at least not in the same way. Caladbolg is more of a character of its own. When I think about it though – strangely enough – Magdaer and Sohotin feels really legendary to me in spite of all the copies in gw1. :S)

the hundreds of players running around with fire dragon swords doesn’t bother you, but if caladbolg is copied, it’ll bother you?

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

the hundreds of players running around with fire dragon swords doesn’t bother you, but if caladbolg is copied, it’ll bother you?

#Double Standarts

~Sincerely, Scissors

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

The Fiery Dragon Swords are a lore-explained “Ascalonian made copies” of Sohothin/Magdaer, rather than the unique weapons themselves.

So why would it bother?

It’d be like everyone running around with the Scepter of Orr in GW1.

But in the end, does it matter? I mean, we have lightsabers.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

The Fiery Dragon Swords are a lore-explained “Ascalonian made copies” of Sohothin/Magdaer, rather than the unique weapons themselves.

So why would it bother?

Then what about Eir’s Bow?

~Sincerely, Scissors

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

So why would it bother?

we have hundreds of people running around with “the flameseeker prophecies”.

why can’t the legendaries get the same cop-out excuse as the FDS?

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

So why would it bother?

It’s in the name. The weapon literally has no identity beyond it being the weapon Eir uses. The same can not be said for other legendary swords in myth and fiction (Caladbolg, Excalibur/Caliburn, Frostmourne, Ashbringer, so on).

(edited by Larynx.2453)

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

Posted by: Jadebloods.5029

Jadebloods.5029

because sylvari are a new and relatively unexplained race. they’re a mystery still. i for one am totally excited and cant wait to see what happens with them.

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

Posted by: Genesis.8572

Genesis.8572

because sylvari are a new and relatively unexplained race. they’re a mystery still. i for one am totally excited and cant wait to see what happens with them.

People would probably have less of an issue with sylvari if they were not treated as the golden children of lore, particularly given how humans keep getting a raw deal on lore.

Will Hawkins (Human Guardian)
Feryl Grimsteel (Charr Engineer)
Tarnished Coast

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

lordkrall.7241

I wonder if we would have the same discussions if it was humans that had the place of the Sylvari.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Don’t forget that in the last LS episode the player used Divine Fire, which draws power from the human Gods. I would assume it’s a small hint that the humans will still have their time in the spotlight, and that time might be the biggest blast of history changing stuff in the whole game’s storyline.

One – Piken Square

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

So why would it bother?

It’s in the name. The weapon literally has no identity beyond it being the weapon Eir uses. The same can not be said for other legendary swords in myth and fiction (Caladbolg, Excalibur/Caliburn, Frostmourne, Ashbringer, so on).

The weapon is the same weapon Eir uses, so how can there possibly be more than one?

~Sincerely, Scissors

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

Posted by: Bathos.6341

Bathos.6341

I personally hope Traherne is alive.
hear me out here, I hope he’s alive, but corrupted, and we get to do a Rurik on him.
I want to have the honour of killing him myself!
“Yeah, this time it REALLY won’t end well ya MUTANT SHRUBBERY!”

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

Posted by: Koviko.3248

Koviko.3248

The weapon is the same weapon Eir uses, so how can there possibly be more than one?

It’s not the same weapon. Eir’s bow is in her hands.

If Eir’s bow was crafted via some legendary or unique method, then a copy wouldn’t make sense. But it’s just a bow and as such can be replicated. Caladbolg is a piece of the Pale Tree. The Pale Tree doesn’t go around handing out Caladbolgs all willy-nilly.

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

If Eir’s bow was crafted via some legendary or unique method, then a copy wouldn’t make sense. But it’s just a bow and as such can be replicated. Caladbolg is a piece of the Pale Tree. The Pale Tree doesn’t go around handing out Caladbolgs all willy-nilly.

it’s not the real Caladbolg. Caladbolg is in Trahearne’s hands.

see how easy it is?

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

Nope it’s in my wardrobe right now and on the tradepost. Unless of course, those are all replicas. And if Eir’s bow can be replicated, any weapon can.

But it’s just a bow and as such can be replicated.

And so can Caladbolg. Magdaer and Sohothin are legendary swords too (legendary as in lore significance, not rarity) and yet there are replica’s of it.

Eternity is a replica as well, as the Risen High Wizard at the Gates of Arah meta event was the first to wield that sword, and now many people created their own replica.

Making replica’s of special one of a kind weapons isn’t that weird. A replica is just a weapon that looks like the original, but doesn’t have the same origins/magical properties. There are even weapons like that in real life. There are stores where you can buy replica’s of movie/game weapons for either decorative or cosplay purposes.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

“Oh, so you think you’re some [leader of the Pact] just because some [flowering tree] tart waved a sword in your face?”

Apologies to Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

Posted by: Templar.3418

Templar.3418

kitten . The indigenous residents on my street are fighting again.

They love to yell up and down the street.

My kingdom for a gun..

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

Koviko.3248

No, Caladbolg cannot be replicated because it is literally a chunk of the Pale Tree, forged into a sword by the Pale Tree herself. Unless there’s lore to support that the Pale Tree just breaks off her bark and forges it into swords all the time, there’s no reason that the same sword would exist in multiple locations.

However, in the case of Eir’s bow, it’s just regular materials. There’s no unique ingredients or specific weaponsmiths. It’s just a bow. Everything special about it is purely cosmetic.

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

No, Caladbolg cannot be replicated because it is literally a chunk of the Pale Tree, forged into a sword by the Pale Tree herself.

Yes it can.
Read what I said. A replica does NOT have the same origins as the original, it only looks the same. A replica of Caladbolg could easily have been made from any tree, painted, decorated and carved to look exactly like Caladbolg even though it is not really Caladbolg.

It would just be a wooden weapon that looks exactly like Caladbolg but was created differently and does not posess the same magical properties. In the same way the Fiery Dragon Sword replica’s don’t contain the same magical properties as Magdaer and Sohothin.

~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

Posted by: Titus.4285

Titus.4285

Look, Eir’s bow, Braham’s armor, Kasmeer’s staff, etc.. None of those are really relevant in lore. I tried to explain this view in my first post, but just for clarification:

You can’t compare Magdaer, Sohothin, Caladbolg, Scepter of Orr to those. They play completely and utterly different parts in lore. That’s why I think it’s much more easy to forgive them being mass produced (for mechanics reasons) and sold through the gem store.

As for the thousands of Magdaer/Sohothin replicas: I am in fact surprised that it doesn’t bother me. I think it may be because of the quite compelling piece of lore that’s been written about the swords (and their surroundings). They have existed for over 1000 years, which both makes the “replica story” more believable, and less damaging.
The fact that the replicas were there from the very start also helps I think. We’re first learned to accept Fiery Greatswords as a very common sight. Then the veil is uncovered and we’re given this magical story of “the true source”.

I don’t think that the story will work the same way if you tell it the other way around. Caladbolg is way too fresh from the tree yet to have the lore dept required to balance out hundreds of replicas. I’m afraid it will feel like a total sell-out, and damage the story potential of Caladbolg.

Don’t know if any of that makes sense to you. Every story can be great if told correctly. I just think gem store Caladbolgs would be a very hard story to tell at all.

Let the Kings and Queens of other lands and lesser creatures
witness our wonders and cry out in astonishment and humble themselves.
Beware our mighty works.

(edited by Titus.4285)

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

Look, Eir’s bow, Braham’s armor, Kasmeer’s staff, etc.. None of those are really relevant in lore. I tried to explain this view in my first post, but just for clarification:

You can’t compare Magdaer, Sohothin, Caladbolg, Scepter of Orr to those. They play completely and utterly different parts in lore. That’s why I think it’s much more easy to forgive them being mass produced (for mechanics reasons) and sold through the gem store.

As for the thousands of Magdaer/Sohothin replicas: I am in fact surprised that it doesn’t bother me. I think it may be because of the quite compelling piece of lore that’s been written about the swords (and their surroundings). They have existed for over 1000 years, which both makes the “replica story” more believable, and less damaging.
The fact that the replicas were there from the very start also helps I think. We’re first learned to accept Fiery Greatswords as a very common sight. Then the veil is uncovered and we’re given this magical story of “the true source”.

I don’t think that the story will work the same way if you tell it the other way around. Caladbolg is way too fresh from the tree yet to have the lore dept required to balance out hundreds of replicas. I’m afraid it will feel like a total sell-out, and damage the story potential of Caladbolg.

Don’t know if any of that makes sense to you. Every story can be great if told correctly. I just think gem store Caladbolgs would be a very hard story to tell at all.

You make a good point. But still it wouldn’t surprise me if replica’s of Caladbolg will one day appear in player hands. There are already so many weapons from known characters available to players, If ’Trahearne’s Greatsword’ one day appears in the gemstore I wouldn’t mind.

Even if there is no story behind it I would just make something up myself. Merchants decided to make replica’s of the legendary sword Caladbolg because they believed it would sell like hot cakes.

but yeah it is probably for the best if it doesn’t appear in player hands.

~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

Posted by: Phaerim.9362

Phaerim.9362

I really think you are tunnelvisioning the lore a bit here, OP
The Sylvari as a race is very relevant because they are literally related to Mordremoth as a species.

Seondly, Rytlock got a lot of exposure in the HoT trailer and his actions and his representation of Charr way of thinking will probably have a lot of weight on the story. Secondly we have Destiny’s Edge 2.0 – who lack any Sylvari. Just saying.

I have no issue with ArenaNet expanding the lore of the Sylvari since they basicly didn’t have any at all before the game was released. Want Human and Charr lore? There are entire zones dedicated to the history and the lore of humans and Charr. Heck even during Living Story season 2 we have been given insight into the Eternal Alchemy – a core belief in Asuran culture – which seems like a pretty huge lore-bomb with cadeau to the Asura.

In all honesty I really feel like the Norn are the only ones being left out, because we get no further depth about them other than: “Jormag’s bad, yo!”. No origin story, or further delving into their spirit worship and its overall meaning in the world.

So I simply disagree with your notion of overexposition of Sylvari. The Sylvari are in focus because everything in Season 1 and Season 2 has led up to storytelling where Sylvari characters are really core. On the contrary I have really been missing a likeable Sylvari character to follow for ages, which is why I am glad they brought Caithe back into the focus again.

Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Ragnarok of Primordus
Norn Guardian

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

Koviko.3248

Yes it can.
Read what I said. A replica does NOT have the same origins as the original, it only looks the same. A replica of Caladbolg could easily have been made from any tree, painted, decorated and carved to look exactly like Caladbolg even though it is not really Caladbolg.

Caladbolg isn’t a chunk of wood. It has a white glow emanating from the center of it and an aura of butterflies flying around it at all times. It also has the essence of the Pale Tree which empowers the user. It can’t be replicated by carving a piece of bark to look similar to it.

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

Yes it can.

Caladbolg isn’t a chunk of wood. It has a white glow emanating from the center of it and an aura of butterflies flying around it at all times. It also has the essence of the Pale Tree which empowers the user. It can’t be replicated by carving a piece of bark to look similar to it.

it can, however, be replicated by carving a piece of bark to look like it, and then magic. because we have stuff like twilight, but a glowy weapon is just too much to ask, right?

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

Koviko.3248

The butterfly aura doesn’t exist on anything else AFAIK. The only “magic” that can create it is the Pale Tree’s. When a weapon can only exist by being created by a single character in the universe, it wouldn’t make sense for thousands of players to be running around with one.

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

lordkrall.7241

And yet thousands of players can run around with exact replicas of supposedly god-crafted weapons without anyone having any sort of issues with it.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

(edited by lordkrall.7241)

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

The butterfly aura doesn’t exist on anything else AFAIK. The only “magic” that can create it is the Pale Tree’s. When a weapon can only exist by being created by a single character in the universe, it wouldn’t make sense for thousands of players to be running around with one.

yeah, it’s so hard to come across magical butterflies in this game…

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Fun fact: you cannot equip more than one uniquely named exotic or Ascended trinket. So, I suppose lorewise, there’s only one exotic in existence that has a unique name. Thus, only one “Eir’s Bow”.

we have hundreds of people running around with “the flameseeker prophecies”.

why can’t the legendaries get the same cop-out excuse as the FDS?

I’m not arguing that we can’t have multiple of legendary weapons about. I really wouldn’t mind having the legendary sword being Magdaer and using this model for it, wmaking it similar but different from both FDS and IDS (aka Jormag’s Breath).

I was merely stating that the FDS argument doesn’t hold weight.

Koviko, I think you should learn what a replica means when it comes to authenticity. A replica is a newer copy – often made of cheaper materials – that does not hold the same value as the original (which is one of a kind).

So a replica of Caladbolg would be wood that is carved – perhaps painted even or magically enchanted – to look like Caladbolg, but not function like Caladbolg.

“carving a piece of bark to look similar to it” is exactly what a replica of Caladbolg is.

Replica != exact duplicate

Replica = inferior duplicate

Also, flower petals, not butterlies. It has a similar (if not the same) particle effect as Kudzu (minus footfalls).

Dear ANet writers,

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

Koviko, I think you should learn what a replica means when it comes to authenticity. A replica is a newer copy – often made of cheaper materials – that does not hold the same value as the original (which is one of a kind).

So a replica of Caladbolg would be wood that is carved – perhaps painted even or magically enchanted – to look like Caladbolg, but not function like Caladbolg.

“carving a piece of bark to look similar to it” is exactly what a replica of Caladbolg is.

Replica != exact duplicate

Replica = inferior duplicate

Also, flower petals, not butterlies. It has a similar (if not the same) particle effect as Kudzu (minus footfalls).

^this

~Sincerely, Scissors

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

Koviko.3248

No, they are actually butterflies. It can be hard to miss if you don’t look closely, but the wings are flapping. [&AgGUUwAA]

Mesmers butterflies are always pink. The Caladbolg’s butterflies are blue and yellow. This is a unique effect in the universe, AFAIK.

If the desire is to just have a viney wooden greatsword without the Pale Tree’s magic, then I can’t think of any reasons against it in the lore. In fact, I’d like to have one myself (if Elementalists’ new specialization lets us wield greatswords… fingers crossed!). It’s only the full skin of the Caladbolg that I don’t believe can exist in the hands of multiple characters at once. I’m not aware of any evidence that supports a character other than the Pale Tree being capable of creating the same weapon.

And yet thousands of players can run around with exact replicas of supposedly god-crafted weapons without anyone having any sort of issues with it.

There is a lore-supported reason for this, though: Zommoros.

(edited by Koviko.3248)

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

lordkrall.7241

What does Zommoros have to do with the FDS? Especially since there is no way or form that he can give you one of them.

And couldn’t he also supply you with a replica of Caladbolg in that case?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Technically, there would be another character other than the Pale Tree that can create a Caladbolg…

Malyck’s tree.

Dear ANet writers,

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

lordkrall.7241

Technically, there would be another character other than the Pale Tree that can create a Caladbolg…

Malyck’s tree.

Indeed, and any other potential Tree out there in the deeper parts of Maguuma. So potentially there could be a rather large amount of “real” Caladbolgs created ^^

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Secondly we have Destiny’s Edge 2.0 – who lack any Sylvari. Just saying.

Judging from the trailer that’s about to change in HoT. Just saying.

One – Piken Square

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

Secondly we have Destiny’s Edge 2.0 – who lack any Sylvari. Just saying.

Judging from the trailer that’s about to change in HoT. Just saying.

I would love to have Canach in the gang

~Sincerely, Scissors

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

Koviko.3248

What does Zommoros have to do with the FDS? Especially since there is no way or form that he can give you one of them.

And couldn’t he also supply you with a replica of Caladbolg in that case?

By god-created weapons, I thought you meant all the other legendaries. As for the FDS, it’s just a fiery sword. Apparently they can make those.

As for Zommoros making a Caladbolg, maybe the Pale Tree’s power is beyond his capabilities. There’s no evidence to state either way.

Malyck’s tree.

Potentially, yeah. If it was more powerful than the Pale Tree (and more enterprising), then it could mass-produce Caladbolgs. Since the Pale Tree never made a second Caladbolg after the first one was lost for decades, I assume that she simply can’t make a second. So it’s possible that Malyck’s tree is just as limited.

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

lordkrall.7241

By god-created weapons, I thought you meant all the other legendaries. As for the FDS, it’s just a fiery sword. Apparently they can make those.

As for Zommoros making a Caladbolg, maybe the Pale Tree’s power is beyond his capabilities. There’s no evidence to state either way.

But the FDS are exact replicas of two potentially god-forged weapons. So why would it be possible to make replicas of those, but at the same time being impossible to make replicas of a tree-branch?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

I assume that she simply can’t make a second.

That’s what you assume but until we get evidence to support that assumption, we simply don’t know.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

Posted by: Xander.9024

Xander.9024

Is there somewhere we can maybe sacrifice a dolyak and get a Living Story season that is not about the thrice-cursed Sylvari? The unrelenting writer’s pet-race fetishism has gone literally YEARS past being old.

Caithe as the one sensible member/window into the workings of the of the DE, well, whatever.
Trahearne as messiah was poorly executed, but it’s probably not a pattern, right?
Scarlett was a seething abomination of bad writing, and one does see a trend forming…
Now all eyes are on Caith and the rest of the walking salads and their integral role in the fate of all civilization… AGAIN.

Give. It. A. Rest.

Sure: Mordremoth. We’re committed now. But afterwards, can you maybe bench/back burner the Sylvari with the same absentmindedness that the other races have had to endure for coming up on 3 years now?

You can’t have dessert until you finish your veggies. :p (I really couldn’t help it)

Enough with the Salad!

in Lore

Koviko.3248

But the FDS are exact replicas of two potentially god-forged weapons. So why would it be possible to make replicas of those, but at the same time being impossible to make replicas of a tree-branch?

Assuming that there’s an actual lore-supported reason, it’s that the appearance and effect of those weapons are ones that can actually be replicated by blacksmiths. The Caladbolg’s aura effect is one that no blacksmith is capable of replicating. At best, you could get a viney wooden sword, and maybe the white glow.