Evennia in War in Kryta timeline.

in Lore

Posted by: Saketsu.1056

Saketsu.1056

With all the talk of the War in Kryta something is confusing me. On the wiki it lists Evennia as having been seen last in Old Ascalon during the War in Kryta. But my understanding is that Old Ascalon ceased to exist after the Searing. Or is it referring to Old Ascalon as the time before the Foefire. If not, this seems like a glaring plot hole. Could someone clarify this for me?

in Lore

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

Where did you get that Old Ascalon only refers to pre-Searing Ascalon? I mean, maybe you are right, I just haven’t heard it before. Either way, her disappearance was after the Searing, but before the Foefire.

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

in Lore

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

The name Old Ascalon didn’t appear until after the searing and refered to the (now barren) area just outside the still populated part of Ascalon City
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Ascalon_(pre-Searing)#Explorable_areas

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Old_Ascalon

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

‘Old Ascalon’, if you see it in Guild Wars 2, is usually meaning the human kingdom of Ascalon as a whole, but in GW1 it was the name of a specific zone in the heart of the kingdom (central and eastern Plains of Ashford in GW2). They’re both talking about the same thing, though- a thriving land that once was there but no longer exists, a memory of the good ol’ days- so you’re right in that the Searing was the end for it.

It would be less confusing to say that Evennia disappeared while waiting outside of Ascalon City for King Adelbern to grant her an audience.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Posted by: Animism.9803

Animism.9803

Squee is right. Old Ascalon is the post-searing name. Ascalon City is pre-searing.

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Squee is right. Old Ascalon is the post-searing name. Ascalon City is pre-searing.

Ascalon City, Lakeside County, and a fair bit of Green Hills County. Old Ascalon was a big zone for the time.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

With all the talk of the War in Kryta something is confusing me. On the wiki it lists Evennia as having been seen last in Old Ascalon during the War in Kryta. But my understanding is that Old Ascalon ceased to exist after the Searing. Or is it referring to Old Ascalon as the time before the Foefire. If not, this seems like a glaring plot hole. Could someone clarify this for me?

As others have said, “Old Ascalon” was a zone in post-Searing Ascalon. Every last Ascalonian did not either die in the Searing or pick up and move off to Kryta.