Exalted history - A Study in Gold

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

For those who do not know, there is an achievement called A Study in Gold in Auric Basin that is basically a scavenger hunt for lore. Specifically, it talks about the history of the Exalted and forgotten as well as Glint’s legacy and a hint to what it is.

The full text, unformatted, was put up on the wiki I noticed so I figured I’d let those here know.

• Exalted were “transformed” 200 years ago, not 300 like the blog said. Or even 250, around the time of GW1 itself.
  • Exalted come from the Zephyrite’s earlier generation(s), before they were called Zephyrites.
  • The Forgotten are extinct on Tyria.
  • There’s a small lore discrepnacy here about when the text was recorded. “The Last Forgotten” talk about Glint’s death, but the city was hibernating and completed at that point.
  • Apparently before establishing Tarir, the Forgotten established the two guild halls beginning with Lost Precipice then Guilded Hollows. Each for the role of Glint’s legacy.
  • Glint’s legacy will not be fully realized until its completed, supposedly. It’s a very long term goal and plan that will eventually lead to a rebirth of civilization. Glint’s egg is only a fraction of the legacy.
  • Not part of this achievement but the story around it and its follow up (they create a quest chain kind of thing), but one of the Exalted seem to be Herta from Elona though I may be wrong.
Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

For those who do not know, there is an achievement called A Study in Gold in Auric Basin that is basically a scavenger hunt for lore. Specifically, it talks about the history of the Exalted and forgotten as well as Glint’s legacy and a hint to what it is.

The full text, unformatted, was put up on the wiki I noticed so I figured I’d let those here know.

• Exalted were “transformed” 200 years ago, not 300 like the blog said. Or even 250, around the time of GW1 itself.
  • Exalted come from the Zephyrite’s earlier generation(s), before they were called Zephyrites.
  • The Forgotten are extinct on Tyria.
  • There’s a small lore discrepnacy here about when the text was recorded. “The Last Forgotten” talk about Glint’s death, but the city was hibernating and completed at that point.
  • Apparently before establishing Tarir, the Forgotten established the two guild halls beginning with Lost Precipice then Guilded Hollows. Each for the role of Glint’s legacy.
  • Glint’s legacy will not be fully realized until its completed, supposedly. It’s a very long term goal and plan that will eventually lead to a rebirth of civilization. Glint’s egg is only a fraction of the legacy.
  • Not part of this achievement but the story around it and its follow up (they create a quest chain kind of thing), but one of the Exalted seem to be Herta from Elona though I may be wrong.

it’s nice to have a henchman with me leeching my rewards again

honestly, this time she can have them, I have enough of the stuff

I wouldn’t have guessed she’d be one of the exalted though, “dedicated” isn’t exactly a word I’d use to describe her… maybe she just got really fed up of needing to eat and wanted to have the ultimate nap?

(edited by Calcifire.1864)

in Lore

Posted by: Icdan Sevaen.4628

Icdan Sevaen.4628

Is it not possible that the Exalted were hibernating but that the Last Forgotten was still active?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

The panels is a record of the Forgotten’s speech. Created and maintained as a reminder for the Exalted’s purpose, as mentioned by the achievement activator aka quest giver. So it would mean either the Exalted went into hibernation less than 8 years ago, which seems odd given Rata Novus, or there is an oversight with the mention of Glint’s death.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Thz.7569

Thz.7569

Is there a lore connection as to why the exalted share the same models as enchanted armor?

I remember enchanted armor from GW1 and it never crossed my mind that they’d look the way they do now until I played through HoT. It may be minor in the grand scheme of things, but it doesn’t sit right with me.

in Lore

Posted by: Lost in Hyrule.2963

Lost in Hyrule.2963

The line about them being named Zephyrites, “after the gentle, ever-moving breeze of their homeland”, is a little strange. I thought they came from all over!

It also says of the Zephyrites, “They are the first guardians of the egg, and only once it nears its time will they deliver it to you.” However, the Master of Peace only acquired the egg after Glint’s death. They were guardians before they had an egg to guard?

in Lore

Posted by: Gorgaan Peaudesang.8324

Gorgaan Peaudesang.8324

Is there a lore connection as to why the exalted share the same models as enchanted armor?

I remember enchanted armor from GW1 and it never crossed my mind that they’d look the way they do now until I played through HoT. It may be minor in the grand scheme of things, but it doesn’t sit right with me.

As far as I remember, yes, an Exalted makes a comment about it.

Just checked my screenshots : it is one of the Exalted Sages that makes the comment in Luminate’s Throne.

Guild Wars 2 Wiki FR contributor

(edited by Gorgaan Peaudesang.8324)

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

The line about them being named Zephyrites, “after the gentle, ever-moving breeze of their homeland”, is a little strange. I thought they came from all over!

Most of the original Zephyrites come from Elona. Later on, the group took on people from other lands, and other races.

It also says of the Zephyrites, “They are the first guardians of the egg, and only once it nears its time will they deliver it to you.” However, the Master of Peace only acquired the egg after Glint’s death. They were guardians before they had an egg to guard?

We don’t know when the current Master of Peace obtained the egg, nor who gave the egg. The egg might have been given by the previous Master of Peace to the one we have seen in-game.

But this seems like another timeline discrepancy (Anet’s doing that a lot lately…) just like the mention of Glint’s death.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Lost in Hyrule.2963

Lost in Hyrule.2963

I may just be jumping the gun a lot today. Ogden says that the egg has been in stasis since Glint’s death, but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t with the Zephyrites.

EDIT: The story journal mentions that he received it from Glint’s lair before we visited it. True that it could have been earlier than Glint’s death, but it was at least at that location.

Where is the info about primarily coming from Elona?

(edited by Lost in Hyrule.2963)

in Lore

Posted by: Riot Inducer.8964

Riot Inducer.8964

I wouldn’t have guessed she’d be one of the exalted though, “dedicated” isn’t exactly a word I’d use to describe her… maybe she just got really fed up of needing to eat and wanted to have the ultimate nap?

Haha, indeed it does seem strange that Herta would end up an Exalted, but then it was rather strange that she of all the Nightfall henchmen was the one to go to Eye of the North.

in Lore

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

Haha, indeed it does seem strange that Herta would end up an Exalted, but then it was rather strange that she of all the Nightfall henchmen was the one to go to Eye of the North.

considering how her running theme seems to be that she tries to do the right thing, volunteers without thinking, and then ends up being in a situation where she wishes she was either eating or sleeping, I’m guessing she probably got dragged along to the trials by her friend, ended up taking the trial because she was already there, and then it turned out that her adventures with our past selves wound up making her suitable for becoming an exalted :P

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I was actually thinking that given she was in Eye of the North, she would have interacted with the Brotherhood of the Dragon.

Now ask this: why would the Brotherhood recruit Elonians primarily (at first) to be their spiritual successors?

Perhaps Herta is related to why?

Out of all GW1 Elonians, Herta makes the most sense not due to her personality but due to her placement.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

If I remember right Herta was very lazy. On first thought it might seem weird that such a lazy person would take up this responsibility, but on the other hand, it means a few hundred years of sleep and even when you are awake you don’t have to do many things anymore that a normal human has to do. Perfect job for a slob! :P

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.