Exposed Neck/Napes

Exposed Neck/Napes

in Lore

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

Aside from the armor sets that are intentionally designed to bear skin, a majority of the heavy sets have this design flaw. I’m not an OCD person per se, but the exposed necks/napes of most heavy armor sets really irks me. It feels weird seeing my guardian in bulky metal armor and an exposed nape, which I will always see because the game is in 3rd person.

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

Exposed Neck/Napes

in Lore

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

It’s not a design flaw (or do you mean you judge it as a design flaw?). The game armor is made for looks mostly, It’s not that your character is in any danger.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Exposed Neck/Napes

in Lore

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

Well even heavy armor users are still ment to be agile fighters (as seen with the dodge-rolling), so they need to be able to turn their heads around.

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

Exposed Neck/Napes

in Lore

Posted by: Gaudrath.6725

Gaudrath.6725

What OP wants to point out is that it sort of defeats the purpose of wearing heavy armor if you can be easily decapitated by a single strike to the neck area (even though the totally impractical but huge shoulderpads help protect the general region from swing attacks). This is why plate armor usually had some sort of protection for the neck area, especially since a glancing blow could slip off a chestplate and into throat or neck if there was none, especially when it comes to the most common medieval weapon, the spear.

However, in this case I say that it was simply a matter of design > functionality. We don’t sink like a stone when swimming in heavy armor either, so basically just ignore funny details like that (or strip naked like a boss when going underwater, which is what I do).

Uthgar Stormbringer, elementalist
Sigurd Greymane, guardian
~ Piken

Exposed Neck/Napes

in Lore

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Well we don’t have ground based spears and underwater you don’t even have a helmet so maybe the neck armor is redundant?

One – Piken Square

Exposed Neck/Napes

in Lore

Posted by: ragingpuma.4618

ragingpuma.4618

What irks me more is having the chest area of females always on show. not only is it ugly but that also puts them in danger as their heart is exposed :p

Exposed Neck/Napes

in Lore

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Well, a good amount of them do kinda cover these vital areas…

That being said, am i the only one that finds it freaking hilarious that both Order of the Whispers and Durmand Priorys heavy armor covers the neck but The Vigils heavy armor doesn’t xD?

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Exposed Neck/Napes

in Lore

Posted by: Greiger.7092

Greiger.7092

Obviously that’s because the Order of Whispers and Priory are smarter than the Vigil.

Exposed Neck/Napes

in Lore

Posted by: SpeedFiend.4521

SpeedFiend.4521

My thief’s armor covers the neck and chest, I feel all protected now. Until I get oneshot in fractals.

Exposed Neck/Napes

in Lore

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

That’s why we have such hilariously over-sized shoulderpads, really!

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Exposed Neck/Napes

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

This isn’t a design flaw.

It’s a design to allow these armors to make sense for when Anet add largos as a playable race. Their wings come from the nap of the neck, so that area must be bare for largos wings to come from!

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Exposed Neck/Napes

in Lore

Posted by: Bard.7215

Bard.7215

Speaking of which Konig, they need to do a better job on the largo model. You can clearly see that the wings are not connected to the body, just hovering above it.

Sort of like building a sandcastle

Exposed Neck/Napes

in Lore

Posted by: Jaqalope.6175

Jaqalope.6175

Charr have this problem.
It also makes them bald.

Jaqalope
Charr Legionaire
Dragonbrand