Fall of Arachnia[theory]

Fall of Arachnia[theory]

in Lore

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

Of Secrets with 6eyes and spider legs sprouting from mouth. Was swallowing eyes. Hungry treated that sunspear marshal. Blind confronted openly.

Opeartion Nightfall was serie of secrets spreaded around continents. Confronting it openly slowly was revealing pieces of truth.

Are 6eyes and spider legs in mouth trait gained with consuming Arachne or way she treated others: turning them into living hosts, eated from inside and then hatch, or spider in head was controlling them like puppet, or its proces of transfroming into spider.

“Hero” in secret somehow sustained will and planed. Gained power in ranks and prepared.

If prey fly into web, by strugling its detected, best is to play dust that tainted web, or prey that was already eaten and now is empty. Eventualy one of brethen.

Fall of Arachnia[theory]

in Lore

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

I’m not following, unfortunately. Are you talking about some sort of connection between Abaddon and spiders?

Fall of Arachnia[theory]

in Lore

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

eeeh.. I feel like Mem wrote a story that sounded good in their head, but they have a key component of the story they didn’t share with us, so now the rest just doesn’t make any sense to us, anymore

If you want to attain a connection between spiders and Abaddon.. other than the Dryders.. there’s no connection.. at all also, spiders are 8, not 6

Fall of Arachnia[theory]

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Arachnia is a former spider god of ambiguous canonicity hinted at in GW1 datamining. There’s a theory that it was Abaddon’s predecessor as god of secrets/knowledge. Mem’s first three paragraphs seem to be speculating that Arachnia was taking over Abaddon from within.

I don’t have a clue what the last two are supposed to mean.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

Fall of Arachnia[theory]

in Lore

Amaimon.7823

well, as the wiki says, it’s propably scrapped content.
I’m guessing it was going to be in the lore, originally, but then it needed some surrounding glamour. I think at the end of the game’s production they cut a lot of stuff.
I didn’t even know about this, but due to it’s scrapping I even doubt whether anyone, including anet staff, would consider the existence of Aracnia ‘canon’

Fall of Arachnia[theory]

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

It is canon that Abaddon had a predecessor, and the locations that the datamine associates with Arachnia existed in-game. That said, the canonicity of the precise geographic features is in question – ArenaNet didn’t try very hard to make the geography in GW2 match GW1, after all.

I think Mem’s hypothesis is that Arachnia still exists and corrupted Abaddon, and will in turn corrupt Kormir.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Fall of Arachnia[theory]

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

If you want to attain a connection between spiders and Abaddon.. other than the Dryders.. there’s no connection.. at all also, spiders are 8, not 6

You forgot about Tormented Claws, which are basically giant spider legs. Those are a closer tie than the dryders, which were servants of Dhuum being “lent” to Abaddon by Dhuum’s emissaries.

But even the torment claws might have been “lent forces”, offered by the Dreadspawn Maw.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Fall of Arachnia[theory]

in Lore

Posted by: maxwelgm.4315

maxwelgm.4315

This is such a loose concept and it’s so back there in the history of Tyria (before Tyria even came into play actually) that they can basically do anything they want with it, or do nothing at all. If the games lives up until they bring back the gods into play it could be a raid thing I guess.

Fall of Arachnia[theory]

in Lore

Amaimon.7823

You forgot about Tormented Claws, which are basically giant spider legs. Those are a closer tie than the dryders, which were servants of Dhuum being “lent” to Abaddon by Dhuum’s emissaries.

But even the torment claws might have been “lent forces”, offered by the Dreadspawn Maw.

“which are basically giant spider legs” well.. they bear some resemblence.. but not much more

Fall of Arachnia[theory]

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

While I’d agree at first glance, the same model is used for Arachnia Plateau and the giant immobile but breathing spider found in Nightfallen Jahai (wiki doesn’t seem to have an image of it, but it’s located where you end the quest They Only Come Out at Night ). They definitely seem to be a more demonic form of giant spider legs.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Fall of Arachnia[theory]

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Got curious and went looking. This is the bugger in question:

Attachments:

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

Fall of Arachnia[theory]

in Lore

Amaimon.7823

TBF, I never considered those arms to be even remotely insectoid, I just thought they were dried up bone or demonic limbs

Fall of Arachnia[theory]

in Lore

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

They look pretty darn insectoid to me.

Fall of Arachnia[theory]

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Especially because of the massive insectois theme throughout the entire area!

Fall of Arachnia[theory]

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

TBF, I never considered those arms to be even remotely insectoid, I just thought they were dried up bone or demonic limbs

Torment Claws are 100% insectoid. They have a clear exoskeleton and very insectoid fiber hairs on them.

You’re probably thinking of Smothering Tendrils which are a more fleshy bone-and-sinew larger version.

Dear ANet writers,