Fang of the Serpent questions

in Lore

Posted by: Slowpokeking.8720

Slowpokeking.8720

Could it be used as a weapon against the dragons? We know that the spear that was made of Kralkatorrik’s bone, could be used to kill the dragon. Why not use the fang as a weapon?

Also why isn’t it spreading any corruption since it’s part of the dragon?

in Lore

Posted by: Maethor.2810

Maethor.2810

If I remember correctly corruption is sort of a conscious effort on the part of the dragon. Just because it’s part of a dragon doesn’t mean it’s going to seep corruption. If that was the case then the Zephyrites would all be corrupted from getting crystals of Glint’s corpse and the scholars in the Priory would be corrupted from Zhaitan’s tail.

For the Fang specifically, making a weapon out of it isn’t likely to happen, at least for a good long time. The lore surrounding it (other than its acquisition) is that the one who manages to damage it is the one that will bring Jormag down. So far no one has managed to ever do such so it’s pretty safe to assume until someone figures out how to damage it, making a weapon from it isn’t going to happen.

Though the image of the whole fang itself being catapulted is pretty funny…

~Signe Grimsdottir | Wynne Everheart | Magiere Massing~
The Archivist’s Sanctum [Lore] – Just Us Grown-Ups [JUGS]

in Lore

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I suspect Braham will be the nominated “one” to damage the tooth and become the rightful King of England…I mean lead the charge against Jormag

in Lore

Slowpokeking.8720

If I remember correctly corruption is sort of a conscious effort on the part of the dragon. Just because it’s part of a dragon doesn’t mean it’s going to seep corruption. If that was the case then the Zephyrites would all be corrupted from getting crystals of Glint’s corpse and the scholars in the Priory would be corrupted from Zhaitan’s tail.

For the Fang specifically, making a weapon out of it isn’t likely to happen, at least for a good long time. The lore surrounding it (other than its acquisition) is that the one who manages to damage it is the one that will bring Jormag down. So far no one has managed to ever do such so it’s pretty safe to assume until someone figures out how to damage it, making a weapon from it isn’t going to happen.

Though the image of the whole fang itself being catapulted is pretty funny…

But both Glint and Zhaitan are dead, Jormag is still alive.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

There’s actually a norn in one of the spirit lodges in Hoelbrak – not sure which, but the second floor to the right when entering the main entrance – that wants to use the tooth to be the tip of a gigantic balista to pierce Jormag since no one can ship the tooth.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Titus.4285

Titus.4285

There’s actually a norn in one of the spirit lodges in Hoelbrak – not sure which, but the second floor to the right when entering the main entrance – that wants to use the tooth to be the tip of a gigantic balista to pierce Jormag since no one can ship the tooth.

Heh.. I was actually up there a few days ago to have a little chat with Erik Oevermar. And there in Raven Lodge was also Mattul Krigheset

Let the Kings and Queens of other lands and lesser creatures
witness our wonders and cry out in astonishment and humble themselves.
Beware our mighty works.

in Lore

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

@Koning & Titus: sounds like taking down Smaug :p

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]

in Lore

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Since they did use Kralky’s spear-things against him, and we used dragon-magic against Zhaitan, it might go to say that the only way to kill a dragon is with dragon magic[those of you who read Fairy Tail, this sounds like Dragon Slaying to me.]. In this case, might be the case that our current dragon artifacts[Jormag’s tooth, Glint’s child(maybe), Sylvari(maybe), Caledbolg(maybe), Zhaitan’s tail, Blue Orb[maybe, thanks Slowpoke~]] could turn up to become our main weapons in the future. Would make for some even cooler Ascender/Legendary weapon skins too~

(edited by Dondagora.9645)

in Lore

Slowpokeking.8720

The blue orb might be DSD’s work.

in Lore

Posted by: Mini.8495

Mini.8495

The guy beside it mentioned Deldrimore steel, which is used to craft a legendary with Gift of blades, it might not be just spinal thing. I think I had a dream or something.. Like a cutscenes where my norn dmg tooth o-o

in Lore

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Could it be used as a weapon against the dragons? We know that the spear that was made of Kralkatorrik’s bone, could be used to kill the dragon. Why not use the fang as a weapon?

Also why isn’t it spreading any corruption since it’s part of the dragon?

Gullik (Ghosts of Ascalon) says Aesgir brought it back with the aid of the Spirits of the Wild; possibly that removed the corruption from the trophy?
And it won’t be used as a weapon because the Norn intend to break it to know when they should rise to lead the fight to Jormag again.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season