Fleshreavers in Brisban Wildlands?

in Lore

Posted by: hourglasseye.9617

hourglasseye.9617

Q:

Hi everyone!

I wanted to ask why there are Fleshreavers in Lionshead Outcrops of Brisban Wildlands.

I am asking because lore-wise, Fleshreavers appear due to summoning or through underworld portals. Some of the more powerful Fleshreavers seem to appear in ancient tombs. Quoting the Veteran Fleshreaver wiki:

They can be encountered spawning from underworld portals on various places around Godslost Swamp, usually triggered by reading magical books of unknown origin. One such example is the norn necromancer in Deathroot Shack. They can also be found in the wild, such as in a canyon in Lionshead Outcrops.

It seems that you can find Fleshreavers out in the wild at Lionshead Outcrops and nowhere else. There doesn’t seem to be any indication of a summoning or underworld portal. Why is that?

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

It seems that you can find Fleshreavers out in the wild at Lionshead Outcrops and nowhere else.

Not really true. There’s also the cave system north of the Durmand Priory, and I don’t believe the solitary fleshreavers in Onager Bivouac or Gyre Rapids come through a portal either. Nor do Hammon’s in Blackroot Cut. Then there’s the fact that in GW1 fleshreavers weren’t associated with the Mists at all… so the fleshreavers that pop out of portals or are summoned by sigils are actually, on the broad scale, a minority.

EDIT: Now, Lionshead is notable as the only spot I know of with flesh wurms unassociated with a necromancer. I do agree something is odd about the place.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

(edited by Aaron Ansari.1604)

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I am asking because lore-wise, Fleshreavers appear due to summoning or through underworld portals.

While this is a fairly noticeable scenario for fleshreavers in GW2, this is not absolute.

Take, for example, the fleshreavers in Lornar’s Pass – in the tunnels just north of the Durmand Priory. There has been no summoning or underworld portals there.

In GW1, this is also true for their appearance in the Depths – no portals or summoning around them there.

In fact, the whole summoning/portals to the Underworld is a rather rare occurance for the fleshreavers, occurring about 3 times (Godslost Swamp portals, Kolkorensburg event chain, and Grawlenfjord event chain).

There are at least six other appearances of fleshreavers where summoning and portals appear to be lacking – in Lionshed Outcroppings, in Blackroot Cut (though there are underworld portals there none seem related to the graveyard fleshreaver ambush), in the tunnels north of Durmand Priory as mentioned, Onager Bivouac, Gyre Rapids, and Frostgate Falls (though that last one is a prison and we don’t know how that fleshreaver got there – could be via portal, could be elsehow).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

In the east side of lornars pass is also an event near a frozen statue of grenth (if i remember well). I expect they are like riders, who appear near places of high magic. I think they appear on places of strong of dark magic (does not have to be evil). For example I think that there was some event many years ago that could have caused that place to have high numbers of dark magic.

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

in Lore

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

I played the “Veiled Threat” quest yesterday actually and I always thought Rragnar made the Fleshreavers.

<Party leader>: “We’ve found you and your vile creations. Surrender, Rragar, and we might let you keep your limbs.”"

But While I was checking the wiki for this quote I came across this piece of dialogue that you only get when Pyre Fierceshot is in your party:

Pyre Fierceshot (if present): “So, he’s using fleshreavers to do his dirty work. Tread lightly…these unnatural horrors won’t go down easily.”

Meaning they aren’t a new thing, because Pyre knew of them already.
Elona is Love, Elona is life.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Rrangar merely experimented on the fleshreavers. That’s what the dialogue meant by his ‘creations’ – he altered them thus those we fought in his menagerie were different.

They were already found elsewhere in Tyria (Heart of the Shiverpeaks) and in GW2 we find them tied to the Underworld and ancient dwarven structures.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.