Fractals History (Lore)

Fractals History (Lore)

in Lore

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

sup

I’ve been playing (And playing, and playing) fractals, and ever keep some lore questions about each fractal, and have some I Can’t understand yet, can you help me?

Urban Batlegrounds : This, not hard to understand, its part of battle before the foefire in ascalon. Charr attack at human city and burn down. The part I’m not sure its the boss, its only an single captain, or its someone like the son of adelbern’s king?

Swamp: I think I’ve got all in this one, looks that its only a norn with an weird transformation, that live in swamp. Nothin more than a creep history.

Uncategorized fractals : Ok, this one is weird. Looks that the Raving asura had been get abandoned for the others, then it contructed his golens and goes mad. But who is he, and what place its that? part of the ancient asura home?

Jellyfish fractal : Has something of special with this fractal I’ve been lost? its only kill krait and at end kill an massive (Glob of health) Jellyfish. Somthing about lore?

Volcano : Other one with no special contents, only some mad grawls with they costume rituals.

Dredge camp : Other like the volcano, with nothing special

Svanirs one : Kill some Svanir (So.. we are in the same time of actual guild wars2 ?) , a elemental, and one shaman. Nothing more special

Colossus : Who is that colossus?? this sort of creature exists in tyria yet?

Jade Maw : I think I’ve lost this because I Don’t played gw1 . But what is the maw? what she have maded, how she appeared ?

Thanx for awnsers (:

Fractals History (Lore)

in Lore

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

To add even more confusion to it all, I get this feeling that the observatory’s a fractal as well. Dessa responds pretty odd when you ask about the portal connection to Lion’s Arch, hinting that either her observatory or your onw world’s a fractal too.

Or maybe she comes from a different world or time, but they’re both ‘real’. At any rate, it seems there’s a lot more mystery to the Mists than can be explained.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Fractals History (Lore)

in Lore

Posted by: Essarious Quw.8946

Essarious Quw.8946

The Urban Battlegrounds is probably Surmia or one of the un-named northern Ascalonian cities. The final boss is some sort of knight who summons a squire, which gives us a new little snippet of lore on how the Ascalonian military might have trained but that isn’t much else about him.

The Uncategorised fractal is either the future of Rata Sum or the fate of another city cube that was lost before the current one was built. Asuran magic can sometimes go horribly wrong and that’s definitely what happened here. As for when, I don’t know. Dessa’s sudden hesitance suggests that either this is an event that she feels guilty about, or that it’s an event that doesn’t seem to fit in with the overall theme of the fractals being in the past.

The Svanir one is probably in the Norn Homelands. It’s a nice little glimpse of what could have been left behind.

And the Jade Maw is one of the Leviathons of the Jade sea in Cantha. In Guild Wars 1 we saw these creatures suspended in beautiful and huge blocks of jade. This one is much bigger than any of the frozen ones we ever saw, but then again we never got to go to every single corner of the Jade Sea. There was a particular named Leviathon called Zu Hanuku, and although I do not think that this is him/her. It might well be the same species.

Fractals History (Lore)

in Lore

MauricioCezar.2673

Very interesting. So.. Fractals isn’t certain events that have happened at all. Its just Fragments random.

Fractals History (Lore)

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Uncategorized Fractal is undoubtably Rata Sum – unless all asura cities are giant floating cubes which have identical jailhouses.

The nature of the grawl shaman in the Volcano Fractal makes me think of what would happen if Primordus corrupted living beings – though this is probably just from me wishing that “imbued grawl shaman” model was used as a Destroyer model atop of the three current ones (then again, I feel the same for the dog version of the gargoyles from Halloween).

@Essarious: Uh, Zhu Hanuku was a kraken, not a leviathan – one’s a giant floating octopus/squid of sorts, the other is a big kitten aquatic caterpillar that one-shots. The latter doesn’t have tentacles, so I’m more inclined to think the Jade Maw is a kraken rather than leviathan, or its some Mist-made mixbreed of the two (very possible).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Fractals History (Lore)

in Lore

Posted by: Dra Keln.2015

Dra Keln.2015

The Urban Fractal is Ascalon, admitey with a weird redesign on city lay out. The burst of energy coming right for you at the end is the foefire. At least that was my interpretation

80 ele
Yaks Bend

Fractals History (Lore)

in Lore

MauricioCezar.2673

So…. Jellyfish its too loreless? :|

Have the colossus one yet, this sort of creature exist in actual tyria?

Fractals History (Lore)

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

The Urban Fractal is Ascalon, admitey with a weird redesign on city lay out. The burst of energy coming right for you at the end is the foefire. At least that was my interpretation

That’s a lot of people’s interpretation, but in my mind if this is Ascalon City and the Foefire they really messed things up by changing the city around grossly, and by not showing the Foefire happen (just as your characters disappear). More likely, I think it’s a previous city conquest, before coming to Ascalon City, and the energy coming for you is just a reaction of the Mists.

Fractals History (Lore)

in Lore

Posted by: Curuniel.4830

Curuniel.4830

To add even more confusion to it all, I get this feeling that the observatory’s a fractal as well. Dessa responds pretty odd when you ask about the portal connection to Lion’s Arch, hinting that either her observatory or your onw world’s a fractal too.

That could just be a sign that she’s been in there too long – and she doubts whether anything she encounters comes from anything other than the Mists, which I can understand! However, if she’s come from a fractal or a slightly alternate universe to ours, then

Dessa’s sudden hesitance suggests that either this is an event that she feels guilty about, or that it’s an event that doesn’t seem to fit in with the overall theme of the fractals being in the past.

- this becomes a rather interesting possibility, if Dessa fled a disastrous alternate world of some kind, maybe even one she or someone she knew had a hand in creating. Of course, she could just be disturbed by seeing her racial home (the only remaining asura centre now the old underground cities are lost) in ruins. That would be fair enough!

Fractals History (Lore)

in Lore

Posted by: Lande.5782

Lande.5782

Regarding the Svanir fractal, what is odd is the last boss. As far as I know there is no true dragon shaman in normal reality, and Jormag hasn’t (or can’t) “bless” a Norn with that kind of power. Is that boss even a Havroun?

If he is, perhaps that’s a fractal where Jormag has a greater amount of power in the world, or his tactics are different.

A gear treadmill in Guild Wars, seriously?
http://i.imgur.com/Gt6Za.jpg

Fractals History (Lore)

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

There are plenty of Svanir shamans. I haven’t done the fractal but I did watch a video of it but saw nothing unique to that Svanir guy? He just has ice attacks and some corrupted ice shards spawn around him.

Or are you referring to the greater ice elemental that’s the mid-way boss? In which there’s a Wayfarer Foothills meta which focuses on one too, summoned by a Sons of Svanir shaman (who temporarily transforms into an icebrood goliath model).

Of all the fractals, the Snowblind fractal is probably the least odd, imo. The Sons of Svanir have access to the Mists due to them having captured the Wolf Havroun (as seen during one of the norn storylines), so those SoS could be your standard Sons of Svanir, rather than Mists-made ones.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Fractals History (Lore)

in Lore

Posted by: Mularc Templare.5063

Mularc Templare.5063

I don’t know how it hasn’t moved across to these forums, but Dessa also reacts very weirdly to seeing a Sylvari character; she doesn’t recognize the species at all.

Not sure myself what this means, as I didn’t know about it until I watched a video by WoodenPotatos over on Youtube, but interesting none the less.

Fractals History (Lore)

in Lore

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

I don’t know how it hasn’t moved across to these forums, but Dessa also reacts very weirdly to seeing a Sylvari character; she doesn’t recognize the species at all.

Not sure myself what this means, as I didn’t know about it until I watched a video by WoodenPotatos over on Youtube, but interesting none the less.

If this is true, I think Dessa might actually be from the past; since she refers to Lion’s Arch as a pirate haven when that’s actually no longer (strictly) true.

(edited by Embolism.8106)

Fractals History (Lore)

in Lore

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

the collosus: I think I know where this is, at first I thought Cantha, the vegetation is tropical. but seeying the flying rocks(think Tarnished coast) and the architecture(gave me a precolumbian feel) I might think it’s from unseen lands. A jungle Biom,+pre-columbian architecture(think Atztec) +flying rocks=GW:Utopia?

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

Fractals History (Lore)

in Lore

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

Interesting. I always wondered why Dessa talked strange but didn’t make the connection that mistlock observatory is itself a fractal.

Fractals History (Lore)

in Lore

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

There’s always the possibility that the Fractal experiment is what destroyed the unidentified Fracal in the first place.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

Fractals History (Lore)

in Lore

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

There’s always the possibility that the Fractal experiment is what destroyed the unidentified Fracal in the first place.

Fractalception?

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.