Friendly Krait helping in Raven's Revered?

in Lore

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

In the personal story step on Norn Snow Leopard choice at creation and story track, Raven’s Revered, I found that green text friendly Krait were helping me, Eir and Weibe kill the dredge to get back the raven statue?

The wiki has no knowledge of this. Anyone care to elaborate why the Krait are helping a Norn Raven Havroun?

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/lore/lore/Kindly-Krait/

TL;DR: The general consensus seems to be that they’re a programing error.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Posted by: Horst Hortensie.5420

Horst Hortensie.5420

I don’t think it’s a bug. If so, it would have been fixed.

Slow clap for the great puppet player.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Not really. There’s a LOT of bugs that don’t get fixed. Reason: never reported or very very low priority.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Horst Hortensie.5420

Horst Hortensie.5420

It’s the story which has a high priority. Consistent storytelling needs bugfixes, so I don’t think it is a bug.

Slow clap for the great puppet player.

in Lore

Posted by: ElysianEternity.6215

ElysianEternity.6215

Let me add to Konig’s post.
There’s a lot of bugs concerning the Personal Story that don’t get fixed UNLESS they hinder progress completely. That’d make it immediately high priority.

Story on the other hand?
If you’ve ever wanted to read Forgal’s note after the Battle of Claw Island or speak to Steward Gixx or Ogden who are also vital to the story I’ve got bad news for you.

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

I could have sworn he summoned those Krait as minions to help in the battle. Him being a necromancer and all. So, as people said before, it’s probably bug. That, or, he can summon specialized necromancer minions.

in Lore

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

They are not undead/risen models and Raven has nothing to do with serpents or even snakelike beings like Krait… even story missions after that one, he still summons them. The NPC doesn’t even explain his abilities…bad writing I suppose on that part.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

When I did that step shortly after release, there were no krait. He had, iirc, standard minions – but had more than one of a kind. So it is more than likely a bug, replacing standard krait models with what I think were bone fiends.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: JohnLShannonhouse.1820

JohnLShannonhouse.1820

I could have sworn he summoned those Krait as minions to help in the battle. Him being a necromancer and all. So, as people said before, it’s probably bug. That, or, he can summon specialized necromancer minions.

Havroun Weibe summons them for battle. I started a thread about this on the Norn forum. I speculated there may be a link between Raven and the Krait. I see no reason to suppose it is a bug. Weibe could have learned anything exploring the Mists.

in Lore

Posted by: JohnLShannonhouse.1820

JohnLShannonhouse.1820

Raven has nothing to do with serpents or even snakelike beings like Krait…

How do you know that?

It is not hard to speculate how such an association could happen. If we see Raven’s magic as analogous to Grenth’s (both being associated with the underworld and spirits of the dead), then remember that under the sea was associated with Grenth. The Krait are deep sea being that access their power through sacrificial killing. Therefore, Krait magic is similar to Grenth magic and Raven magic is similar to Grenth magic. A Havroun of Raven could therefore conceivably get magic to summon Krait.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Uh… “under the sea” (more accurately, the dark depths of the ocean) was associated with Abaddon, not Grenth.

And that’s a mighty big leap you make for “krait magic is similar to Grenth magic.” Seeing how nothing indicates this. Sacrifices deep underwater wouldn’t automatically make it akin to Grenth’s magic even if Grenth was tied to the ocean depths. And it’s an even bigger leap to say that necromancy (or “Grenth magic”) would be able to summon living, breathing krait – necromancy doesn’t teleport, and there’s no tie between krait and Grenth nor krait and Raven (at all).

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

There are also living krait working along side risen krait (I suspect another bug). You can see some in the PS mission where you destroying the shipment of bodies heading to Orr. I can’t for the life of me find the name of that mission.