Guild Wars: Eutopia

in Lore

Posted by: Falcon.8509

Falcon.8509

I read about the cancled ex: EOTN on the wiki and i just wanted to know what everyones thoughts were on the cancled classes? Chronomancer/Summoner. I see alot npcs with “warps time” and “summons allies” so maybe these could be possible in GW 2? :P Thoughts?

in Lore

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

time magic sounds cool, but at the same time sounds like something a mesmer could do.

summoning… we already got that. necros.

also “EOTN” stands for Eye Of The North, which was very much released, thank you :P and it’s “Utopia”, not “Eutopia”.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Lore

Posted by: getzzzonked.7609

getzzzonked.7609

Pretty sure Chronomancer and Summoner were part of a wiki article Colin Johanson did for this years April Fools.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/March_2012:_State_of_the_Game

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
[EXE] Piken Square EU

in Lore

Posted by: Garenthal.1480

Garenthal.1480

I’d rather see new abilities and weapons given to the existing professions instead of seeing new professions pop up to potentially overshadow an existing niche. I still have a bad taste left in my mouth from what WoW did in regards to adding new classes.

in Lore

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Agreed with Garenthal, honestly the current professions have all the bases covered. Any more would be redundant as all each class needs to fill another option is another weapon.

Hell, right now mesmers can already bend time. Time Warp is the skill you are looking for.

in Lore

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Man everytime I see somethign about utopia I rush to read it…only to be let down yet again lol. That whole mysterious campaign and concepts has fascinated me since it’s initial leaking. Really do hope they expand the GW world to include more of the globe, and most notably, Utopia stuff. Time will tell

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Lore

Posted by: catqeer.1954

catqeer.1954

time magic sounds cool, but at the same time sounds like something a mesmer could do.

summoning… we already got that. necros.

also “EOTN” stands for Eye Of The North, which was very much released, thank you :P and it’s “Utopia”, not “Eutopia”.

Actually spelling wise it can go ether way though most people spell it with just a U… stop trying to be pretentious… and acting like your smarter then everyone.

in Lore

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Actually spelling wise it can go ether way though most people spell it with just a U… stop trying to be pretentious… and acting like your smarter then everyone.

The actual name of the campaign was however Utopia.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Lore

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

When I heard the term Chronomancer, I actually got really excited. A pen and paper RPG I played a while back included a time-shaping character and the things he got up to were extremely interesting. The guy who played him was bloody ingenious.

Simple things included an enemy which tried to attack us, drew his sword, and the moment he made his first strike, this guy time shaped the sword back to the time where it was still in its sheath…

Investigating a ruined temple, the player used his skill to temporarily restore it to the time when it was intact so that we could collect vital evidence as to what happened there.

I’d dearly love to see a playable class with something like the same abilities. For example, having an enemy that aggro’d, and being able to restore it to un aggro’d state while your party passed could be a useful support skill.

(edited by GuzziHero.2467)

in Lore

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Personally I’d like to see a EUtopia campain – where EU servers can go to overflow and everyone accepts it and gets along and doesn’t over-react to seeing other languages used in game.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Chronomancers were explicitly stated way back when in 2009 (or 2010?) that they won’t ever be in GW2.

Truth be told, with the eight professions, you get just about every playstyle niche there is – anything else will clash with other professions simply for a change in aesthetics. Its more likely we’ll get new races rather than new professions.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Or new possible weapons sets to give some variation on skills and styles of play.

in Lore

Posted by: Curuniel.4830

Curuniel.4830

I agree with Konig, new races are easier to fit in, and new weapon sets for existing professions is do-able, but new professions would start to get weird fast. And I don’t know that chronomancer would work in an MMO that well, no matter how cool the concept is in theory. It’s good in a role-playing game where the players can be creative and the GM can accommodate things.

On the spelling issue, it’s not really pretension, there is actually a difference. ‘Eutopia’ means ‘good place’, like a paradise or perfect society – which is part of the reason people often misspell it that way. ‘Utopia’ (which is the name of the original book) means ‘no place’, as in a place that doesn’t or cannot exist – it was meant to be sort of ironic, as it is a perfect society, but there isn’t any such thing in reality.