GW Lore: Out the Door? (Balthazar)

in Lore

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

In a world where charr wear Balthazar Regalia, anything can happen.

Then again, perhaps these publicly atypical charr are members of a rising counterculture movement, rejecting the strict and stodgy social norms of established charr society and embracing the less restrictive values and belief systems of the other Tyrian races; human values, in particular. The shock value of venerating the human gods and sporting the associated paraphernalia is, of course, no small part of the appeal, but it goes much deeper. Charr society has settled into predictable — and boring — patterns in the past 250 years, and young charr, being more and more exposed to outside cultures, are less and less inclined to play by the rules.

“Never trust anyone in a warband!”

I suspect, were motorcycles available, we’d see many young charr cruising the cattle paths of Ascalon, looking for adventure, and, of course, whatever might come their way. Meanwhile, in the population centers, especially those of other cultures, young charr may spark a ‘bloom’, if you will, in the florist trade. Divinity’s Reach, particularly the streets and alleys near the Queen’s Pavilion, seems most likely to become something of a haven to these young charr, joining together en masse to express their individuality.

‘By the time we got to Kryta
We were half a million strong.’

Meanwhile, back in the Black Citadel, charr leaders can only scratch behind their ears in puzzlement and wonder what these crazy kids will do next.

The table is a fable.

in Lore

Posted by: Manimarco Devil.1790

Manimarco Devil.1790

If you’ve been taking lore seriously up till this point then you must have been using some amazing mental gymnastics since they have been making bad lore/changing decent lore ever since guild wars 2 was conceived at anet.

Battlelord Taeres

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

@Tachenon: Outfits aren’t lore determining.

@Manimarco: Eh, since Living World was in production, I’d say.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Tachenon.5270

Not lore determining? Pshaw. Next you’ll be telling me quaggan backpacks and alicorn short bows aren’t lore determining.

The table is a fable.

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Next you’ll be telling me quaggan backpacks and alicorn short bows aren’t lore determining.

They never talk about the roving mobs of baby quaggan clubbers…

in Lore

Posted by: Plagiarised.2865

Plagiarised.2865

If you’ve been taking lore seriously up till this point then you must have been using some amazing mental gymnastics since they have been making bad lore/changing decent lore ever since guild wars 2 was conceived at anet.

I love almost all of Guild Wars 2 lore, but of course, I have to be using mental gymnastics because how can someone even conceive of a differing opinion. I just that carrraaazy.

in Lore

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

I have to admit, after I got to the “charr on motorbikes” bit, I didn’t really see anything else. Mostly because I couldn’t really see anything else.

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Next you’ll be telling me quaggan backpacks and alicorn short bows aren’t lore determining.

They never talk about the roving mobs of baby quaggan clubbers…

Doesn’t one of them have a ‘no quaggans were harmed in making this backpack’ description?

’Course, that might be only ONE.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

I have to admit, after I got to the “charr on motorbikes” bit, I didn’t really see anything else. Mostly because I couldn’t really see anything else.

Coming this summer… Rytlock as Mad Max!

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Doesn’t one of them have a ‘no quaggans were harmed in making this backpack’ description?

That what the Evon Gnashblade wants you to think! Secretly the Black Lion Trading Post pays armies of destitute citizens of Lions Arch to hunt down and club baby Quaggans to death so we can wear their husks at pack pieces! Oh the Quagganity!
/TinFoilHat

in Lore

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

That what the Evon Gnashblade wants you to think! Secretly the Black Lion Trading Post pays armies of destitute citizens of Lions Arch to hunt down and club baby Quaggans to death so we can wear their husks at pack pieces! Oh the Quagganity!
/TinFoilHat

Why not? It’s good money using the hides to make the backpieces and baby Quaggan tastes just like chicken. (Fried Quaggan strips with French fries. Yum!)

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

in Lore

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

I have to admit, after I got to the "charr on motorbikes" bit, I didn’t really see anything else. Mostly because I couldn’t really see anything else.

Me too. Now I want Rox to star as a charr dissatisfied with her warband in a film called "The Charr on a Motorcycle". I’m sure she can source a blonde wig from Kasmeer.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

in Lore

Tachenon.5270

Me too. Now I want Rox to star as a charr dissatisfied with her warband in a film called “The Charr on a Motorcycle”. I’m sure she can source a blonde wig from Kasmeer.

AKA ‘Furred Under Leather’. With a little sidecar for Frostbite.

The table is a fable.

in Lore

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

Me too. Now I want Rox to star as a charr dissatisfied with her warband in a film called “The Charr on a Motorcycle”. I’m sure she can source a blonde wig from Kasmeer.

AKA ‘Furred Under Leather’. With a little sidecar for Frostbite.

Oh, Frostbite! In a sidecar! Too adorable! XD

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

in Lore

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

Might be a bit off topic, but if they were to ever introduce mounts in this game, the Charr would totally get motorcycles.

in Lore

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Might be a bit off topic, but if they were to ever introduce mounts in this game, the Charr would totally get motorcycles.

I want one of those race cars the charr have near Black Citadel’s front entrance.