GW2 Dragon Lorebook

GW2 Dragon Lorebook

in Lore

Posted by: cocodragon.7916

cocodragon.7916

Greetings All

I would like to present the “Guild Wars 2 Dragon Lore Book”, a collaborative project by the Guild Wars 2 Community.

55 page lore-book on the dragons of Guild Wars in PDF format by YOU – the Guild Wars community!

This is a compilation of information on dragons from all sources (game text/wikis/fansites/novels), edited and arranged in a logical order. The result is the community’s best current understanding of the game lore.

More information and download link in this community creation post:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/creations/GW2-Dragon-Lorebook-PDF

A few (low-res) teaser screenshots to whet the appetite – see attachments below…

Attachments:

GW2 Dragon Lorebook

in Lore

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Absolutely amazing and a fantastic addition to the lore of the game. Reminds me of the awe I had for the Dragons at launch.

One question, Mordremoth is described as having legs and a tail. Where was the source for this info?

GW2 Dragon Lorebook

in Lore

cocodragon.7916

Thanks Randulf.

Mordremoth is a complex entity. Only the “Avatar” form of the Jungle Dragon has legs and a tail (as encountered in the personal story “Hearts and Minds”). There is a great screenshot of that by ThisIsIsi (from the German wiki) as seen on p49 of the Lore Book.

The Mouth of Mordremoth, rooted near the Heart of Thorns, has a long serpentine body without wings, completely covered in vines and foliage. No legs as far as I can tell.

In addition, Mordremoth can twist vines and branches to create many faces / shapes (as seen in videos, cut-scenes and concept art). That’s why Canach and Trahearne referred to Mordremoth as “the jungle itself”.

GW2 Dragon Lorebook

in Lore

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

My bad, I misread – I thought it was referring to the physical body and now I’ve re-read it, I can see it the avatar as you say.

Looking forward to seeing the book evolve. It would be nice to see it added as a permanent lore fixture to the main website. Maybe a they could design a “Priory Lore” page which had links and downloads to pdfs with this, the novels and their short stories.

Great work by all involved!

GW2 Dragon Lorebook

in Lore

Posted by: Sock.2785

Sock.2785

I’m speechless.
I still haven’t read all of it, but the visual representation is astounding and incredibly close to GW2’s art.
Incredible collaboration!

My research has found a thread between magic and the mind. The two are linked.
— Snaff

GW2 Dragon Lorebook

in Lore

cocodragon.7916

Here is the map getting ready for the next version of the Dragon Lore book, pending any necessary mods following the third episode of Living World Season 3 coming up.

All eyes to the north then – that wouldn’t be “A Crack in the Ice” of Drakkar Lake by any chance would it???

Attachments:

GW2 Dragon Lorebook

in Lore

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

Thanks Randulf.

Mordremoth is a complex entity. Only the “Avatar” form of the Jungle Dragon has legs and a tail (as encountered in the personal story “Hearts and Minds”). There is a great screenshot of that by ThisIsIsi (from the German wiki) as seen on p49 of the Lore Book.

The Mouth of Mordremoth, rooted near the Heart of Thorns, has a long serpentine body without wings, completely covered in vines and foliage. No legs as far as I can tell.

In addition, Mordremoth can twist vines and branches to create many faces / shapes (as seen in videos, cut-scenes and concept art). That’s why Canach and Trahearne referred to Mordremoth as “the jungle itself”.

Primordus was clearly part of the lava he was embedded in if the art of him is any indication. Sources call Kralkatorrik a Sandstorm with the ability to become one and also call Jormag a Blizzard.

Zhaitan’s corruption is Death and Shadow magic and thus his body is that of an amalgamation of Undead Dragons.

GW2 Dragon Lorebook

in Lore

cocodragon.7916

Whilst we wait to see what trials & tribulations await poor Kralkatorrik in “Path of Fire” here is a promo video for the Lorebook (latest is 1.1a)

Dragon Lore Book Video

Oi Vyko – good extraction matey !

You might have seen this a few years back, but if not, check this out:

Zhaitan flying animation

GW2 Dragon Lorebook

in Lore

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

fabulous. I’ve never been very excited about the history of dragons, but these arts alongside the text really encourage.

GW2 Dragon Lorebook

in Lore

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

from book:

Glint informed Destiny’s Edge that their weapons and golems would be useless against Kralkatorrik. The only thing that could harm the Elder Dragon was a crystal spear carved from one of its own spines that Glint had kept stored safely at her sanctum. She suggested that Rytlock took the spear and delivered the killing blow, thrusting it through a groove between the Elder Dragon’s ribs and into its heart.

it will be?

https://youtu.be/z0xcUnKI72M?t=17s

Attachments: