Gargoyles mysteriously vanish from Ascalon.

in Lore

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Gargoyles and Mergoyles have disappeared, and at least one person is looking into it. Whether we expand on that story in the future comes down to whether the story of their absence is interesting enough to be worth exploring, and fits in with other stories we want to tell.

So the idea of a small group living high on top of a castle recently built by Caudecus is not off the table I take it?

Because it would make sense since I’ve rarely ever been in Divinity’s Reach during the night, for all we know they could be in a stone prison during the day.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Hydras have always made sense to me. They were only prevalent in Ascalon when it was a desolate place. It would make sense that they would migrate away once life started coming back, probably consolidating back in the Crystal Desert (where they were also prominent. As for the Aloes, reed stalkers, and all other kinds of vegetables that tried to eat us, we can only hope that they are still trying to make a living in the Maguuma Wastes, similar to how I hope that the dinosaurs and simians are trying to survive in the outskirts of Asura/Sylvari society in the western-most reaches of the Tarnished Coast.

in Lore

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Hydras have always made sense to me. They were only prevalent in Ascalon when it was a desolate place. It would make sense that they would migrate away once life started coming back, probably consolidating back in the Crystal Desert (where they were also prominent. As for the Aloes, reed stalkers, and all other kinds of vegetables that tried to eat us, we can only hope that they are still trying to make a living in the Maguuma Wastes, similar to how I hope that the dinosaurs and simians are trying to survive in the outskirts of Asura/Sylvari society in the western-most reaches of the Tarnished Coast.

Well, there are at least Orrian Gorillas.

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

True, but they aren’t quite the same. Still, you are probably right.