?Giant footsteps?(Lion's Arch)

in Lore

Posted by: Tomzzy.9564

Tomzzy.9564

Hi there

I already posted this in the other thread but I don’t want to ruin the discussion there so I opened a new thread.

As I was running through the “new” Lions Arch I found these footsteps IF they are footsteps.

These are the first footsteps that i found.
http://tinypic.com/r/mjmy6e/8
From another point of view: http://tinypic.com/r/i434n5/8

So IF they were footsteps there should be more and not only 2 so I went looking around bit more.
Surprisingly I found more of this “footsteps”. This is the first footstep that I could find(I left the HUD on this time so you can orient on the mini map):
[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/2qis382.jpg[/IMG] after that two are half buried under the ruins:
[IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/nxq15l.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/wty3p2.jpg[/IMG]

I couldn’t find any on the Grand plaza. The only thing I found near the ex-Lion’s statue is this damaged floor. Don’t know if this is related to the footsteps though. [IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/5fn976.jpg[/IMG]

I have already posted the next 2 footsteps that follow after that but here they are again.
[IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/a3cj9v.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/v3qcuf.jpg[/IMG]
This is all that I could find ATM.

What is very interesting is if you look at this picture: [IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/inbq5l.jpg[/IMG]
You can see that the first gate is totally destroyed. So this might hint that maybe something went through because the 2nd gate that follows is totally intact and the footsteps also end there. So did this whatever it is teleport away?

Just my observation. Would be great if somebody else finds some more.

EDIT1: Im kinda blind….the next step is AFTER the GATE that is NOT destroyed:
http://tinypic.com/r/11jnp7r/8

Now this is getting weird. The 1st step after the Lion’s statue is right in the middle of the 1st gate. This gate is destroyed. The 2nd step is just BEFORE the 2nd gate. This gate isn’t destroyed. Now I found the 3rd step is slightly before the 3rd gate and this gate is destroyed again.

Will add a picture so you can see what i’m talking about. I marked the footsteps with red. http://tinypic.com/r/18hyl4/8

Did it step over 2nd gate? It surely didn’t go around(no footsteps). Maybe this is nothing afterall. :P

(edited by Tomzzy.9564)

in Lore

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

We should put them on a map. Sadly your first two links don’t work so I can’t at the moment.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

in Lore

Tomzzy.9564

We should put them on a map. Sadly your first two links don’t work so I can’t at the moment.

Sorry. My bad. XD

Should be fixed now.

in Lore

zamalek.2154

Should be fixed now.

<3

So given the cadence of the footsteps (red arrows) I would assume that the next set would be somewhere along the green line in the image: http://imgur.com/DTs6dca .

The next step would be practically under the current location of Scarlet’s drill. If you are able to go and see if there are any under water there. If the next steps are in Fort Mariner (they may be hard to find given all the craters) there may be something interesting in Bloodtide Coast.

Excuse the old LA map, I couldn’t find one of the new LA on the internet without stuff on it already.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these

(edited by zamalek.2154)

in Lore

Posted by: Blurk.6231

Blurk.6231

Hi there

You can see that the first gate is totally destroyed. So this might hint that maybe something went through because the 2nd gate that follows is totally intact and the footsteps also end there. So did this whatever it is teleport away?

Just my observation. Would be great if somebody else finds some more.

Or flew away…… [scary drums]

I am working on making a map with locations right now. Dont know if it leads to anything but its worth a shot.

Look beyond the obvious…

in Lore

zamalek.2154

I am working on making a map with locations right now.

Uh….

Auroraglade

in Lore

Blurk.6231

Here is the map. All the footsteps you saw are on there. I think at least one of them might not be a footstep. The rest are possible to be.

http://i.imgur.com/tC5XwEn.jpg

@zamalek Here is the new LA map: http://i5.minus.com/iJ30kkOg2yjUY.jpg

Look beyond the obvious…

in Lore

Blurk.6231

I am working on making a map with locations right now.

Uh….

OOPS I didnt see the red arrows! I only saw the green line. My apologies. Well doesnt hurt to have two

Look beyond the obvious…

in Lore

zamalek.2154

OOPS I didnt see the red arrows! I only saw the green line. My apologies. Well doesnt hurt to have two

The more the merrier. Still interested if someone can take a hike along the green line (I am at work, so no exploration for me).

Auroraglade

in Lore

zamalek.2154

Now that you put L/R on the map, there is one question: is this giant thing playing hop-scotch in LA? Unless it stepped back to get a better footing.

I know it’s been discussed a tiny bit in another thread, but it makes sense to move that discussion here. One important question is what humanoid in the game has foot prints that big – from the screenshots it looks like it may be slightly larger than Tequatl’s footprint; and from the cadence it would have very long legs.

• A super fire effigy?
  • A Golem that Scarlet has made?
  • With the fractals portal being upset, something to do with the Colossus (incredibly unlikely)?
Auroraglade

in Lore

Blurk.6231

Could be that something was taking a run before flying off. Getting higher with each step and thus the footsteps are further out of their way. Still doubtfull this are footsteps but we must also consider the thing has 4 legs

Look beyond the obvious…

in Lore

zamalek.2154

we must also consider the thing has 4 legs

It would be incredibly weird if an ED didn’t have a paw for a foot, but I can’t see any reason why it would be impossible.

Auroraglade

in Lore

Tomzzy.9564

@Blurk i think that the 1st isn’t a footstep and than the other by the statue probably isn’t as i wrote.

Also if this really are footsteps i agree with zamalek, that the “owner” is something humanoid.

Also found the next footstep(im blind xD). will update soon.

in Lore

zamalek.2154

Did it step over 2nd gate?

Bingo. As I said this thing would need to be massive to have footprints that big and a cadence that long.

Maybe this is nothing afterall. :P

ANet are known for having little details like this all over the place. This is definitely not nothing. If it was nothing the footprints wouldn’t be there. I’m going to do a little investigation when I get home.

Auroraglade

in Lore

Tomzzy.9564

Did it step over 2nd gate?

Bingo. As I said this thing would need to be massive to have footprints that big and a cadence that long.

Maybe this is nothing afterall. :P

ANet are known for having little details like this all over the place. This is definitely not nothing. If it was nothing the footprints wouldn’t be there. I’m going to do a little investigation when I get home.

I guess will find out sooner or later. :P

Btw. I couldn’t find anything in the water. Hope you find something more

in Lore

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

I’m just not seeing a footstep in some of these images and the red lines you draw are going to have a biasing effect on any interpretation of the images. Be careful of Pareidolia.

I would think if these were footsteps of something large enough to make them it would have been in the cutscene or had some mention of it by NPCs. A Molten Berserker, one of Scarlet’s Steam Creatures, Flame Legion Effigy, Dredge carrier, explosions from the airship cannons or giant lasers from the sky could damage the terrain in such a way. I suspect it’s some combination of the last two.

in Lore

zamalek.2154

I couldn’t find anything in the water. Hope you find something more

Thanks for looking.

Be careful of Pareidolia.

Indeed. They could just be impact craters, but their shape is curios (they also lack scorch marks).

Flame Legion Effigy

Yeah I jumped at that one because it’s the one thing that I saw in a Youtube video of the cutscene. Just a really, really, big one.

explosions from the airship cannons or giant lasers from the sky

Again, no scorch marks. All the other impact craters do have scorch marks.

Maybe Scarlet’s ships landed at some point?

Auroraglade

in Lore

Tomzzy.9564

I’m just not seeing a footstep in some of these images and the red lines you draw are going to have a biasing effect on any interpretation of the images. Be careful of Pareidolia.

I would think if these were footsteps of something large enough to make them it would have been in the cutscene or had some mention of it by NPCs. A Molten Berserker, one of Scarlet’s Steam Creatures, Flame Legion Effigy, Dredge carrier, explosions from the airship cannons or giant lasers from the sky could damage the terrain in such a way. I suspect it’s some combination of the last two.

Don’t mind the red lines, I just made them so you know where to focus. It would be best if you could go in-game and see it there it’s much better than with this pictures. -In-game you can see a lot more details.

I also first thought that it might be from canons or something else. But:
-how can an explosion be at least 3(probably 5) times in similar shape and scale and linear form one after another?
-if you go look in game it look’s like something heavy must have pressed the surface. If it were and explosion it wouldn’t have soft edges. Also an explosion spreads evenly into all directions(if the material is the same) so you get craters (the shape is a circle).

in Lore

Tomzzy.9564

Btw. what is firing those green lasers? Isn’t this the same color that the watchwork use? The laser from marrionete was also green. It sure isn’t from Aetherblades their laser is RED. Also the camera here is shaking and went off before it could show what it was. Maybe this is our culprint?

Watch from 50-55sec.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIv5ikDpvq8

in Lore

SirMoogie.9263

Indeed. They could just be impact craters, but their shape is curios (they also lack scorch marks).

That’s a good point.

In-game you can see a lot more details.

I’ll have to do that as in half the screen shots I’m seeing random terrain deformation, and in others I can see something shaped like a footprint, but again Pareidolia.

how can an explosion be at least 3(probably 5) times in similar shape and scale and linear form one after another?

Be careful about discussing uniformity in a virtual world as evidence of one unique in game entity causing that uniformity. Artists reuse art assets to make their jobs easier. How do we get several dozen uniform wreaths on Wintersday? They must use a Asuran Assembly lines with no errors to produce them, or they don’t and the artists were saving time. If you look around the zone carefully you’ll probably see several examples of terrain destruction that is uniform, but not need to be caused by the same source. For example, burning bridges could be caused by airship fire, lasers, molten alliance spells, etc.

if you go look in game it look’s like something heavy must have pressed the surface.

Agreed something with great force must have impacted the surface. There are several possibilities.

If it were and explosion it wouldn’t have soft edges. Also an explosion spreads evenly into all directions(if the material is the same) so you get craters (the shape is a circle).

I don’t think it’s an explosion as zamalek raised a good counterpoint about scorch marks. That said the trajectory of an impact has more to do with the shape of a crater. If you look at images of craters you will see that some are circular, some are elongated, and some look like feet:

Butterfly Crater

(edited by SirMoogie.9263)

in Lore

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

My first thought was that she took the Marionette stomping through the city before she put the drill down, but that only fits if she took the high-heels off the thing. Plus you’d figure they would have shown that in the cutscene.

There’s nothing else in game that could have tread through Lion’s unnoticed right now. Anything large enough to make those footprints would have been seen. So either she changed Mari’s shoes or it’s Pareidolia like Moogie suggests.

in Lore

zamalek.2154

It’s most definitely foot prints, there are even indentations for the balls of the feet.

Auroraglade

in Lore

Posted by: Bharel.4328

Bharel.4328

I’m just grasping at straws here, but how big is Zommoros?

Thudden Bluhndr, the lost Norn
Sanctum of Rall
[GSCH] The Gaiscioch Family

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

He’s a djinn, so probably only about twelve feet

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I’m just grasping at straws here, but how big is Zommoros?

If he is the same size as every single other Djinn we’ve encountered in the GW universe then he is just a teeny tiny bit bigger than humans. Sort of Norn size I guess.
- But Djinn float in the air and don’t have feet.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Those still don’t look like footprints to me. Just elongated indentations from impacts.

Pretty sure you’re all overthinking this.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

I think Konig is right.
If there had been something that large we would have heard about it or we would have seen it.

You don’t find phantom footprints wreaking destruction with no explanation.

in Lore

Posted by: Alicja.4539

Alicja.4539

I am not going into the discussion if these are footprints, or not, but we actually did see someone that big. The possibility that it was him who could have left the footprints is very remote, though.
Colossus: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/c/c1/Cliffside_Fractal.jpg

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

The colossus I think is too big, actually. That’s something more on par to the Giganticus Lupicus, Marionette, or standard champ giants.

Though Marionette would also be too big, I think, and her corpse is in Marionette’s Landing now.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

So…. In other words… We suspect and must beware of… titans?

in Lore

SirMoogie.9263

I went to the area between the grand Piazza and Fort Mariner to check out the footprint shaped landscape deformation. The three I saw going up the ramp do look like a footprints. The shapes are uniform and look like they are all of the left foot, which would be an unusual way of getting around for a giant. Their gait is also awfully small to be the footprint of something large enough to make them. Most curious is one of the footprint shaped holes is practically beneath an intact archway, which would mean the creatures foot would have somehow passed through it without inflicting damage. Add to this that no NPC reports seeing a giant creature and that the intro movie neglected showing us one and I think we can safely say these are just terrain damage that happen to look like left footprints.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I don’t think so.

Those couldn’t have been made from titans.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

I don’t think so.

Those couldn’t have been made from titans.

Ah, my (joking) reference to a recent pop culture export wasn’t obvious enough. That’s ok, my bad, I didn’t even think about GW titans.
I should have added: flee to Divinity’s Reach, it has walls… ._.

in Lore

Posted by: JackDaniels.1697

JackDaniels.1697

Those still don’t look like footprints to me. Just elongated indentations from impacts.

Pretty sure you’re all overthinking this.

Let’s say it’s not. But by bringing it to attention, Anet can make something of it. I mean this is how little tid bit’s of lore are born right?

“I got a fever! And the only prescription, is more COWBELL!”

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Ah, my (joking) reference to a recent pop culture export wasn’t obvious enough. That’s ok, my bad, I didn’t even think about GW titans.
I should have added: flee to Divinity’s Reach, it has walls… ._.

Ah, no, it was.

I was just taking your joke, and making myself missing GW1 because titans were my favorite enemy in GW1.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Tomzzy.9564

Well i was right afterall!

http://imgur.com/9b9n3Xg It has the backpack so it can fly and that explains everything. :P

Source: http://atlas.guildwars2.com/en/

in Lore

Blurk.6231

It doesnt look that big to me…

Look beyond the obvious…

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Well i was right afterall!

http://imgur.com/9b9n3Xg It has the backpack so it can fly and that explains everything. :P

Source: http://atlas.guildwars2.com/en/

Seems so: http://atlas.guildwars2.com/en/#/map/coord/15807.85,15141.326
An Assault Knight, a “towering clockwork creation”

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I don’t think it’s large enough to make those “footprints” – plus doesn’t explain why one is just under an undestroyed arch, nor does it explain why only a left footprint is present.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

I think that’s meant to be an adapted form of the Marionette – if so it’s large, but presumably still has high-heels for feet.

in Lore

Posted by: Fugu.7842

Fugu.7842

The end is near!

Attachments:

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Bubbles? Is that you?

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

My guess is that these footprints have come early and the cause of them will be shown in the next release.