Glints Egg

Glints Egg

in Lore

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

Is it like the dragon lores where glint get inside egg when she is about to die? Or was she together with another dragon? Or could she just make an egg without a male dragon?

Glints Egg

in Lore

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You might consider asking over in the Lore sub-forum.

Good luck.

Glints Egg

in Lore

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

When 2 dragons love each other very much…

Glints Egg

in Lore

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

She has had eggs before. We protected one of her hatchlings in GW1.

Perhaps long ago she had secret liaisons with a Shatterer…

Glints Egg

in Lore

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

so people mainly think she bumped bellies with another dragon?

Glints Egg

in Lore

Posted by: Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

they never really address the mating cycle of dragons.

not that it matters to me, I find the egg to be the most unbelievably boring plot point going.

Glints Egg

in Lore

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

We simply do not know. Glint was the only one of her kind we ever saw, apart from her offspring in Eye of the North, we still don’t know where they are, the where last seen in caves below where yaks bend is. So could still be there with stone Dwarf’s or killed by Destroyers. Maybe this will be something that will be addressed with the LW3, and could take us north.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Glints Egg

in Lore

Posted by: indelible.5928

indelible.5928

Meh. It’s all so complicated.

My opinion is that Glint’s Egg contains the essence of Glint, and that in defeating Elder Dragons we are empowering the egg and potentially aiding in the creation of a new Elder Dragon ( a benevolent Elder Dragon ) – Glint 2.0. I believe we know that even when we defeat the Elder Dragons, they don’t actually die and are likely to return at some point in the future ( they’re on a cycle ). That means that there must be a “deus ex machina” endgame here, and that endgame is almost certainly going to revolve around whatever emerges from Glint’s egg.

I think it’s all pivoted towards creating a new God in the pantheon of Guild Wars – The Dragon God – and that whatever is in Glint’s egg ( I think it’s probably just going to end up being Glint ) – will come at first as a juvenile Elder Dragon, but will eventually be made into The Dragon God upon the defeat of the remaining Elder Dragons, taking their magic into The Mists so that it can never threaten Tyria again.

Kralkatorrik is probably in the next expansion though; he really hates Glint. Given the gravity of the EDs plight now, Kral and Primordius may end up being a double feature in the next expansion. It’s either Kral, or Primordius ( I hope it isn’t; fire and earth has been done to death in fantasy ), or both of them together.

TKT | European Gaming Clan | Aurora Glade | http://www.tktclan.net

(edited by indelible.5928)

Glints Egg

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

We’ve met one of Glint’s hatchlings (Gleam) before, which indicates that at least some of the eggs were genuine eggs rather than just a phylactory. That said, I have speculated in the past that the last one might have been kept hidden away in stasis to use as a phylactory instead (Glint knew her death was coming, after all).

When it comes to the possibility of a ‘double dragon’ expansion – a few people suspect it would be Jormag and Kralkatorrik. Primordus has been fairly passive, after all, and we keep getting teased about one of Jormag and Kralkatorrik being next. That said, there has been concept art floating around lately about a dragon attacking from the sea… we could be about to see the DSD come into play.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Glints Egg

in Lore

Posted by: indelible.5928

indelible.5928

When it comes to the possibility of a ‘double dragon’ expansion – a few people suspect it would be Jormag and Kralkatorrik. Primordus has been fairly passive, after all, and we keep getting teased about one of Jormag and Kralkatorrik being next. That said, there has been concept art floating around lately about a dragon attacking from the sea… we could be about to see the DSD come into play.

The LW3 teaser definitely places the emphasis on Glint’s egg, so I think Kralkatorrik is a given at this point as he and Glint are intimately connected. Primordius’ involvement is harder to justify, however we know ( from GW1 ) that Glint’s offspring hid in the depths of Tyria, and we know that Primordius’ destroyers have been rampaging around the depths for a fair while. It stands to reason that – if Glint’s offspring are still alive and still in the depths – that Primordius has likely come into contact with that/those offspring, and – assuming that/those offspring are free from the influence of the Elder Dragons – that is likely to have manifested as a conflict. Also, I think that up until this point the Elder Dragons have been shown to be highly individualistic, bound by common purpose ( nom all the magics, destroy Tyria ) but not by common endeavour ( Zhaitan acted alone, Mordy only came to the fore once he was defeated, etc ), so it’s going to take something truly special to get them working to a common purpose. If both Kral and Primordius are aware of Glint’s egg – via different paths – and it being the key to defeating them ( which we know it is ), it isn’t too far of a stretch to believe that they may work together to end that threat.

I cannot see the lore or the game content presenting any connections between Jormag or Bubbles ( the DSD ) and Glint. Personally, I think Jormag is likely to be the last ED to emerge, once the others have been defeated. I think Bubbles will probably get her own expansion as well ( there’ll be a lot of Largos foreshadowing, which we haven’t had so far ( aside from a brief appearance in the original story arch ) ).

Might be wrong though. Could be Jormag. They’ll have to pull some masterful story telling, or abandon masterful storytelling all together, to get there though. Could go either way with ANet these days; they’re a hideously inconsistent bunch. I think it’s almost certainly a double dragon expansion though, because the entire ley line magic stuff points towards the idea that with two dragons gone there may now be enough magic hanging around for two dragons to emerge at once.

TKT | European Gaming Clan | Aurora Glade | http://www.tktclan.net

(edited by indelible.5928)

Glints Egg

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

The LW3 teaser definitely places the emphasis on Glint’s egg,

I wouldn’t say definitely. Yes, it shows up in the second to last screen, because it was a recap of HoT and HoT ended with a shot of the egg. The only thing in there that actually teases LW3 is what looks like a ley-line fueled explosion, so unless the egg is a bomb…

however we know ( from GW1 ) that Glint’s offspring hid in the depths of Tyria,

Actually, no. That mission, while accessed through the Central Transfer Chamber, takes place under the open sky, and the map places it in a part of Glint’s lair we hadn’t seen before. Nothing’s ever put Glint, her offspring, or her eggs in the Depths.

because the entire ley line magic stuff points towards the idea that with two dragons gone there may now be enough magic hanging around for two dragons to emerge at once.

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘emerge’. As far as we can tell all the others have been up and feasting for a while now- in Primordus’ and Jormag’s cases, for more than a hundred years before this overfilling ley lines business. ‘Core Tyria’ might be more tempting now, but it’s not like they couldn’t have attacked earlier.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.