Globe in CM

Globe in CM

in Lore

Posted by: Beast.9516

Beast.9516

There is a globe in CM that shows Tyria but only takes up 1/2 of the northern hemisphere. We know that Cantha and Elona are out there, but this still seems to leave a huge amount of unused space. What do you think is out there?

Beast [Beastess Isdottir][Meilikki Isdottir][Kaunista Illusio][Savant Bixxie]
Aspiring Brotherhood [PACT]
Fort Aspenwood

Globe in CM

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Room for a lot of expansions.

Globe in CM

in Lore

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

In fact the whole globe is revealed in a certain part of the game. You can see it, it’s huge but I won’t spoil anything just in case you aren’t that far.

The texture of the map showing all continents is here:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/4/47/Tyria.jpg/350px-Tyria.jpg

On this one you can check the current GW2 map (first colored image) and GW1 Factions and Nightfall expansion maps over the world showing how litle we’ve really explored. Add to that that the current GW2 map still has a lot of land to explore and yep, there is room for years and years and years of expansions:

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/4015/tumblr_m650r9Re3v1r7qbrco2_1280.jpg

Globe in CM

in Lore

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Well we do know that there is at least one more continent other than Tyria, Cantha and Elona, based on the small scraps of information from the scrapped Utopia Campaign.

We also know that humans are not native in Tyria, so it is quite possible they are actually form another continent rather than another world completely.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Globe in CM

in Lore

Posted by: SIC.1365

SIC.1365

There is a globe drawn on the floor of the Durmand Priory entrance.

Check out my post: Guild-House-Club-House-outside-WvWvW

Globe in CM

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Well we do know that there is at least one more continent other than Tyria, Cantha and Elona, based on the small scraps of information from the scrapped Utopia Campaign.

We also know that humans are not native in Tyria, so it is quite possible they are actually form another continent rather than another world completely.

We cannot say that Utopia’s land is canon since it was never released and much of its content was reused in other means, let alone where it was to be.

And we know that humans are not native to the world Tyria, not just to continental Tyria.

There is a globe drawn on the floor of the Durmand Priory entrance.

All the Durmand Priory “Globes” are just the continent of Tyria drawn with a circular border, made to falsify a globe appearance.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Globe in CM

in Lore

Posted by: exelion.2369

exelion.2369

@Konig Didn’t one of the Princes of Vabbi mention something about some land to the west?

Don’t mess with Ascalon!

Globe in CM

in Lore

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

@Konig Didn’t one of the Princes of Vabbi mention something about some land to the west?

Western coast, which conveniently means that it doesn’t make the continent to the west canon.

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

Globe in CM

in Lore

Posted by: Ludovicus.7980

Ludovicus.7980

In the map posted, from Cantha to the west, there is an atoll the size of divinity’s reach. I’d like to go there eventually. I’d love to see a large quaggan city protected by the atoll walls.

The glory of my ancestors shall be restored.

(edited by Ludovicus.7980)

Globe in CM

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Western coast, which conveniently means that it doesn’t make the continent to the west canon.

Disappearing island. No direction related. Just “far off the coast.” http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Prince_Mehtu_the_Wise

Toumir is likely thinking of Fort Koga’s description talking about the trading route (most likely from when Orr was hostile to Kryta) heading to the western coast.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Globe in CM

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

I’ve been thinking a lot about this texture we have recently, and I have come to the conclusion that there is no way that this can be correct… I mean if you took that and rolled north and south to make a cylinder at least one of the continents would be the north pole, south pole, or would be upside down on the opposite side of the world, which means the north compass we have on every map is either incorrect, or we have incorrect information on the rest of the world.

Globe in CM

in Lore

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

You do know that on Earth maps, it is never north and south that are “rolled” together, but west and east…

Even in that case, it is said that it would still not make a cohesive globe. It’s just a stretched out world map texture that ANet tried to force on a sphere, creating the mess that can be seen in the Chantry.

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

Globe in CM

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

What I was stating, Thalador, that just as the east and west are matched up, so is the north and the south. This means that the strange thing that this texture would become would have one of the maps that we have pointing north, pointing another direction. I really hope that they fix this in the future. It is obviously not a major priority though.

Globe in CM

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

You do realize, Thalador, that the west and east side of the north and southern edges are either ALL water or ALL land. Thing is, UNLIKE globe maps of Earth flattened out into a rectangle, this is not so for Tyria’s “flattened globe” and that, as Narcemus said, both east and west as well as north and south edges match up.

There’s a full thread on this, where someone went highly detailed in observations of the texture and comparing to the globe in the Chantry. He even went so far to attempt to show what kind of shape that texture would result in.

Dear ANet writers,