Guess the nasty secret of the stealthy salad

in Lore

Posted by: Bigtony.5089

Bigtony.5089

Since the begining of the living story, we need to guess everything.

So now , to his the official thread to guess the nasty secret of Caithe that Scarlet seems to know ! ( I know there was a post bellow about it, but it was toward only one hypothesis)

Let begin with my try ! :

I guess she was able to kill an uname firstborn without the Pale tree know it or the other Sylvaris. Why ? Don’t know. Seek of power, self defense, envy ( maybe Faolain was in love with that guy/girl first).

Maybe she also made a contract with Mordremoth

disclamer : Not native english speaker, feel free to correct me, i will edit my post ! Also, if someone could explain me how the ‘’mental bond’’ between Sylvari work, i will take it !

( Since I don’t really know if each action a Sylvari take, the Pale tree can know it as the other Sylvari and vice versa. )

in Lore

Posted by: Lonami.2987

Lonami.2987

Probably something related with dragons and Faoilain.

Elonian elite specialization ideas: El: Dervish
M: Bladedancer – N: Scourge – En: Occultist – Ra: Swampstalker
T: Sharpshooter – G: Sunspear – Re: Hierophant – W: Corsair

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

I think her secret is that she found a lost portal to Earth and she uses it (stealthily) to travel to and from her job in Hollywood as a consultant on the pending remake of The Happening.

The table is a fable.

in Lore

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

Why would the Pale Tree not know about a murder of a sylvari? She is an Orwellian Big Sister.

in Lore

Bigtony.5089

Maybe Caithe have found a place in the Maguuma jungle where the bond is broken ? (The Waterfalls or the bloodstone , maybe). A magic Artefact ? Jésus cast a magic spell on her ? Who Know ?

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

The Pale Tree doesn’t know everything. Hell, there’s a whole story arch in the sylvari line about helping her figure out what happened to the first sylvari who ever died.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

Why would the Pale Tree not know about a murder of a sylvari? She is an Orwellian Big Sister.

Onee-chan is watching!

Attachments:

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

in Lore

Bigtony.5089

@ Aaron Ansari

With the Lich ? And the boy who betrayed the Sylvari ? I’d play it but forgot it ! So yes, the Pale Tree don’t know everything, so Caithe could be a souless murderer !

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Well, all Sylvari could be soulless, so that doesn’t necessarily mean anything :P

in Lore

Bigtony.5089

They are not ginger ! And they are not all murderer.

I just hope we will know something before one year or two of living story

in Lore

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

Onee-chan is watching!

No. It’s more Janet Napolitano and her NSA lol

Attachments:

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

If I had to guess, something really dark and nasty? I’m hoping Caithe did something like kill Malyck. Even after finding out his origins, she still saw his existence as too much of a threat towards the Pale Tree. So she tracked him down, and she killed him in cold blood.

Though, I very much doubt they would ever do something like that.

in Lore

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

I think she worked with Nightmare Court (Scarlet: I will send Nightmare Court my regards from you! – or something like that)

in Lore

Posted by: GussJr.1643

GussJr.1643

She had a secret relationship with Trahearne…jk

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

in Lore

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Scarlet is from another dimension, so are all her minions. See my other thread.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lore/Our-Pale-Tree-never-met-Scarlet

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Unprovable and unsupported theory is unprovable and unsupported theory. :P

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Bigtony.5089

Agree with Konig. That theory have too many flaw and made-Up proof. Also , when someone is too sure about one theorie and take it like divine truth , there is a High risk that the theorie is fail :p . A good scientist is always in Doubts !

in Lore

Posted by: Kyrel.8942

Kyrel.8942

Caithe actually assassinated Queen Jennah and the Jennah everyone knows and loves is Anise’s clone replacement to keep Kryta protected and in denial that Jennah is in reality dead. Anise is none the wiser who the true assassin of real Jennah is and is willing to think that it was all a dream because she has clone Jennah now who she thinks is the real Jennah.

And the reason why Jennah is in love with Logan is because Anise is secretly in love with Logan.

Caithe can’t bring herself to tell Logan that Jennah can’t be who she is because Caithe doesn’t want to see her friend hurt.

(edited by Kyrel.8942)

in Lore

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

The Pale Tree doesn’t know everything. Hell, there’s a whole story arch in the sylvari line about helping her figure out what happened to the first sylvari who ever died.

Yes, but she knew that Riannoc died, just not how. If Caithe did kill another Firstborn, I think the Pale Tree would know because of both Caithe’s feeling and the Firstborn’s death. This kind of stuff is heavy, it should make an impact on the dream, it wouldn’t make sense for the Pale Tree not to know. Scarlet even adds to her taunt “…or does she already know?” when talking about Caithe’s secret and what the Pale Tree would think of it.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Lore

Posted by: Bunmaster.9734

Bunmaster.9734

I think Caithe did a nasty boo boo with Almorra Soulkeeper, Burrison the Blue, a Rainbow Jellyfish and a Bowl of Sweet and Spicy Butternut Squash. Afterwards, she left the poor baby in a dumpster during her stay in Rata Sum.
Scarlet can blame all her angst and insanity on her mommie’s nasty little soirée.

On a more serious note…no idea what the real secret is.

in Lore

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

Onee-chan is watching!

No. It’s more Janet Napolitano and her NSA lol

Not Kawaii

/denied

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

in Lore

CHIPS.6018

Caithe actually assassinated Queen Jennah and the Jennah everyone knows and loves is Anise’s clone replacement to keep Kryta protected and in denial that Jennah is in reality dead. Anise is none the wiser who the true assassin of real Jennah is and is willing to think that it was all a dream because she has clone Jennah now who she thinks is the real Jennah.

And the reason why Jennah is in love with Logan is because Anise is secretly in love with Logan.

Caithe can’t bring herself to tell Logan that Jennah can’t be who she is because Caithe doesn’t want to see her friend hurt.

You know, its very possible that Jennah was already killed by the Branded back in the noval. The current Jennah is just an illusion created by Anise to stabilize power in Kryta and prevent a civil war.

Or Jennah’s body is used by Livia to turn into an undead minion. So the Jennah we see is just a zombie controlled by Livia. Anise and Livia continue to keep this secret from everyone.

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

in Lore

Erukk.1408

You know, its very possible that Jennah was already killed by the Branded back in the noval. The current Jennah is just an illusion created by Anise to stabilize power in Kryta and prevent a civil war.

Or Jennah’s body is used by Livia to turn into an undead minion. So the Jennah we see is just a zombie controlled by Livia. Anise and Livia continue to keep this secret from everyone.

Just like it’s very possible that a meteor came down, in-between GW1 and GW2, and wiped out all life on Tyria. What the players are experiencing now, is simply a lucid dream that Primordus is having, having grown bored now that the world have been destroyed.

He decided to add in the Sylvari, because he liked the idea of a “Dream with a Dream”, and because he was running out of ideas. He liked them so much, he even decided to roleplay as one in the world… Trahearne!

in Lore

Bigtony.5089

Just like it’s very possible that a meteor came down, in-between GW1 and GW2, and wiped out all life on Tyria. What the players are experiencing now, is simply a lucid dream that Primordus is having, having grown bored now that the world have been destroyed.

He decided to add in the Sylvari, because he liked the idea of a “Dream with a Dream”, and because he was running out of ideas. He liked them so much, he even decided to roleplay as one in the world… Trahearne!

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130123200725/glee/images/6/6f/We-need-to-go-deeper_inception.jpg

in Lore

Posted by: ChaosWithin.6214

ChaosWithin.6214

well that explains all the short comings of the living story. mystery solved.

Now let them tremble

in Lore

Posted by: shocking.3269

shocking.3269

I reckon Caithe was actually the first to enter the nightmare and recruited Faolain and the others only to reject it condemning the others to it.

Savajj Blayde Lvl 80 Thief
Hrafn Skaarsgard Lvl 80 Healadin Guard
Beastgate – 2vs1? Who cares! We are just here for the fight! ;)

in Lore

CHIPS.6018

I reckon Caithe was actually the first to enter the nightmare and recruited Faolain and the others only to reject it condemning the others to it.

And Faolain doesn’t know this how?

Oh of course! Scarlet erased Faolain’s memories on this so she forgot!

in Lore

Posted by: Stephen.6312

Stephen.6312

At one stage Scarlet says to Caithe, “I know what you did and what you did was nasty.” Given Scarlet’s penchant for referring to violent acts humorously, I think that we can all agree that it involves something to do with the killing of someone. The fact that Faolin doesn’t know it either suggests 1) that she is aware of the killing, but doesn’t know who is responsible, 2) she would find the information valuable, or 3) she is/was a close confidant of Caithe to whom such things would usually be disclosed.

in Lore

Stephen.6312

It cannot be the killing of just anyone. It is therefore more likely to be an act of murder (the killing of one’s own kind as opposed to killing the member of another race). A number of Sylvari have been murdered by the firstborn, but they are usually Nightmare Courtiers. So, it is most likely a high profile Nightmare Courtier or a lowly Sylvari because these are the only scenarios in which Caithe could murder her fellow without being reprimanded by either 1) the Pale Tree herself or 2) Faolin.

in Lore

Stephen.6312

Malyck has also been proposed as a possible victim if only because he holds special significance for all Sylvari, especially the Nightmare Court. To one of their own was given the Dark Hunt for Malyck, suggesting that the knowledge of the harbinger was something almost exclusively discernible by partakers of Nightmare, if only because most Sylvari would not dare to consider venturing into it for fear of turning away from the Dream.

in Lore

Stephen.6312

On the subject of Malyck, his fate cannot be discerned by the Pale Tree (meaning that Caithe could get away with the murder without the Tree’s knowledge) and Faolin never learned where Malyck came from, thwarting the Court’s plans. Thus both major players would not know if Caithe had taken measures to ensure that Malyck never returned to his people with news of his venture.

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

It cannot be the killing of just anyone. It is therefore more likely to be an act of murder (the killing of one’s own kind as opposed to killing the member of another race). A number of Sylvari have been murdered by the firstborn, but they are usually Nightmare Courtiers. So, it is most likely a high profile Nightmare Courtier or a lowly Sylvari because these are the only scenarios in which Caithe could murder her fellow without being reprimanded by either 1) the Pale Tree herself or 2) Faolin.

That’s not the distinction of murder – you can kill a member of your own race without it being murder. Murder is generally a premeditated killing where the victim would not have presented a direct physical threat apart from attempting self-defence in the murder attempt.

Personally, I think it has something to do with the Nightmare Court – Caithe had the opportunity to prevent the Nightmare from coming back to the sylvari at all, but failed to due to some personal shortcoming.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

At one stage Scarlet says to Caithe, “I know what you did and what you did was nasty.” Given Scarlet’s penchant for referring to violent acts humorously, I think that we can all agree that it involves something to do with the killing of someone. The fact that Faolin doesn’t know it either suggests 1) that she is aware of the killing, but doesn’t know who is responsible, 2) she would find the information valuable, or 3) she is/was a close confidant of Caithe to whom such things would usually be disclosed.

Given Scarlet’s nature, I disagree with your assessment.

She thinks nothing of killing, so why would she say someone else killing is “nasty”?

What Scarlet hates is being forced into something – not being able to control her own destiny, and others telling her what to do. I think Scarlet’s secret has to do with Caithe limiting others’ choices somehow. And keeping Malyck secret from Faolain and the Nightmare Court, thus preventing them from seeking out a new Pale Tree and forcing them to continue attempting to corrupt the Pale Tree, would be fitting of Scarlet’s own dislike thus to her it is befittingly “nasty.”

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Memandi.5860

Memandi.5860

I don’t think it’s necessarily something that Scarlet finds nasty. It sounds more like she’s taunting Caithe with something that Caithe herself isn’t proud of doing.

in Lore

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

My bet: Caithe isn’t connected to the Pale Tree. Scarlet is creating a Nightmare Tree in secret. And an army of flying monkeys to go with it.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Lore

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

There are some sex acts which disgust and horrify even the Sylvari?

in Lore

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

She stole the Avatar of the Pale Tree’s favorite pair of shoes, and then got them all muddy and ruined. It’s how she realized she should become a thief. But still, a shameful secret.

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

in Lore

Erukk.1408

There are some sex acts which disgust and horrify even the Sylvari?

Must…repress…“salad”…related…sex…jokes…