Has there always been a steam portal in GF?

in Lore

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I noticed this a few weeks ago, and assumed it was part of the thumper updates. Since it’s still there, and doesn’t look like the thumpers, I’m curious what’s going on with it.

Attachments:

in Lore

Posted by: Hopelessalchemist.4816

Hopelessalchemist.4816

It’s been around since the Queen’s Jubilee

in Lore

Fluffball.8307

Is that all we know? It just showed up and never did anything?

in Lore

Posted by: Blurk.6231

Blurk.6231

Stange I never saw the actual portal reappear when I visited it a few weeks ago. Have the added it again? When did you take this screenshot?

Look beyond the obvious…

in Lore

Fluffball.8307

Whoops, though you said WHERE. I just took it a few minutes ago.

in Lore

Posted by: Plagiarised.2865

Plagiarised.2865

Is that all we know? It just showed up and never did anything?

It was part of the Clockwork Chaos event. After Scarlet attacked the jubilee, she barricaded herself within the Crown Pavilion. Vorrp, and emissary from Rata Sum, was able to concluded that she got into the arena through teleportation, and by reverse-engineering he would be able to gain access to the pavilion. To do so, he needed information on the type of magic/technology used. This steam portal was sited in Bloadhollow Bluffs and when examined, Vorrp determined the type of technology used for the teleportation.
Why and how, Scarlet used steam portal to teleport is still unanswered.

in Lore

Posted by: Hopelessalchemist.4816

Hopelessalchemist.4816

I should have clarified… It’s been a part of the Living Story since the Queen’s Jubilee last summer. After Scarlet showed up this is the first place you were sent to investigate. It was a part of the Invasions and it would spit out Clockwork creatures. Were you guys not around during this?
Edit: Person above me posted while I still was typing…

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

It’s also the first of two hints to Scarlet utilizing Steam creature technologies. As Plagiarised said, it’s unknown why or how she is still, though.

Hopefully, ArenaNet hasn’t forgotten that this is left unknown and will explain it in the next three updates.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.