Help me to the lore of this game universe.

in Lore

Posted by: adormtil.1605

adormtil.1605

Q:

So a great deal of lore probably most of it comes from the first game but I did not play it and because of lack of time and will I am gonna not play it.
1.So I wanna understand a couple of things first the hero in the first game did he existed in lore or not?
2.The White Mantle guild was the leader of Kryta before the start of the first game and you all found out the history of the nation from books?
3.Was Ascalon mostly destroyed and you begin in the aftermath?
4.Was there a bigger area presented then in the first game?
5.Were the Charr presented in legions as in the second game?
6.Were there dragons in the first game?
7.Were the playable races besides the Sylvari presented and with a hint of their culture?
8.I read on the wikia that there were a lot of Guild Wars before the charr invaded did the game started with the first war and they are more fleshed out then are in the wikia?
9.Are there devils and angels in the Guild Wars universe and did you met some in the first game?
10.In the second game you do not meet the races that fought the elder dragons previously with the exception of Etins but did you met them in the first game and do you know more about them?
11.Was it known about the existence of elder dragons 200 years ago in Guild Wars lore and at the end of the first game?
12. Now this is possibly a very stupid question but are Kingdom of Ammalur lore and Guild Wars lore connected or the same?

Thank you if you answer or read.:)

Also why are 45 caracters allowed only for the title?

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

1. Yes, s/he does, but most of their accomplishments have been forgotten. You’ll find a very rare reference in an ambient dialogue or two, but that’s all you’ll hear about the character directly.
2. Not entirely sure what you’re driving at there, but yes, the White Mantle was in charge when we went to Kryta in GW1. What we know of Kryta before the Mantle mostly comes from NPC dialogues in GW1 or a variety of GW2 sources.
3. You begin the day before it’s destroyed, actually. The prologue ends with the Searing, which burned the kingdom to the ground, and you’re then skipped forward two years and begin the game in earnest in the post-apocalyptic remnants.
4. Hm… that’s a difficult question. We saw more regions in the first game, but the maps were also smaller then. I think right now GW2 is bigger than GW1 was at launch, but not nearly so large as GW1 was by the time they finished with it.
5. No. They were presented as a single force of savages under the leadership of their shamans (and, later, we meet a handful of ‘good’ charr trying to overthrow the shamans). It wasn’t until the gap between GW1 and GW2 that we heard about the charr as separate legions.
6. Yes, but not too many. For the most part they were just a couple of important characters (Glint and Kuunavang, if you want to look them up), and as enemies in a single region of the second release. Elder Dragons weren’t established until near the end of the game, and even then we only got hints at them.
7. Yes, near the end.
8. We actually start just after the third Guild War. We never see them in-game, and they aren’t fleshed out beyond what the wiki shows.
9. We fought demons and a couple fallen gods, and Dwayna’s avatars have angelic appearance. There is no cosmic scale clash of good vs. evil going on, though.
10. Yes! We met all five of the elder races in guild wars 1, worked closely with the dwarves and forgotten, met a seer, and nearly wiped out the mursaat. The jotun are the only ones not developed at all, as they were just background mobs in GW1.
11. No. We fought destroyers and the first icebrood, but in lore Elder Dragons don’t seem to be known about until Primordus wakes up, 40 years after the end of the game. That said, we do see some of them sleeping, but we don’t recognize them as such. (We think Primordus is a statue, for instance).
12. Never played that game, but I doubt Guild Wars lore is at all tied into any other game.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

(edited by Aaron Ansari.1604)

in Lore

Posted by: Rukh.9287

Rukh.9287

1. Yeah, though they may not have necessarily been counted as the same hero that was present for Nightfall and Cantha and Prophecies, etc, but the various unnamed heroes were considered to have done heroic deeds in the past. You can go to the Hall of Monuments in Eye of the North in GW2 and the ghosts there talk about the heroes of old.

2. They were the leaders of Kryta yeah. You find out a lot in GW1 itself. I didn’t play too much GW1, but reading the wiki gives you a lot of info about the White Mantle.

3. You actually get to play pre-searing Ascalon if you start in that area, but once you progress the story far enough you can’t go back.

4. I’m not sure, heh.

5. Yes there were the legions led by the various Imperators, but they were basically all under the shamans of the Flame Legion.

6. Yes!-ish. I think they didn’t start with the dragons. GW lore sort of evolved around the end of GW1. They set up a lot of stuff they wanted to do with GW2 at the last GW1 expansion. So before that, there were the human gods, but not much about the dragons. A lot was retconned, but they did a fairly good job of trying to fit old lore in to the new lore.

During the Eye of the North expansion though, they did stuff like adding Kralkatorrik to the Charr homelands. He’s basically a mountain range, sleeping under the earth, and the Great destroyer was a minion of Primordius. I think when GW1 started out, the elder dragons weren’t a thing, but by GW2 lore, they have always been a thing.

7. sure.

8. http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Guild_Wars

9. Not in the dualistic middle-eastern/persian relgion sense, though I had heard before they went with the dragon idea, they were going to go with an angels and demons idea. There’s plenty of demons.

10. Actually there’s one dwarf in GW2 you can meet too. In GW1 you meet the dwarves, jotun, mursaat, some forgotten, also one seer(deceased)!
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Zinn%27s_laboratory

Where do you think an Asura gets the corpse of an extinct species?

11. Mostly stuff added in Eye of the North.

12. Not as far as I know, heh. Do you have some info that suggests it is?

in Lore

adormtil.1605

Well you know the existence in that game of Jotuns, Ogres, Giant who are very simillar to Nords but the existence in that game of plant like creatures very simillar to Sylvary and a Elder Dragon that threatens to destroy the world and it was not the first time he was around doing that.

(edited by adormtil.1605)

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

1. Supposedly, but he/she’s never madem ention of and there’s one event which replaces the Prophecies PC. I have a theory that there were, in the end, three such heroes due to the storybook ‘Young Heroes of Tyria’ (basically storybooks were GW1’s version of the Story Journal – an item you filled out, and Young Heroes of Tyria were the beginning missions of the three campaigns, which detailed 3 different heroes effectively) and Zenmai (a Nightfall hero who later appeared as an NPC in Winds of Change) hinting that the PC was different from the Nightfall hero (WoC was post-Factions and seems to have been written with a Factions-only hero in mind sans a few things).

2. The books don’t cover the White Mantle, much if at all. We learned all we did about them from GW1 in both events and dialogues.

3. There was a short tutorial/prologue/introduction area known to players as pre-Searing, which is based two years prior to the game proper and is the day of its destruction.

4. Comparing Prophecies to GW2 initial releases, GW2 is bigger but covers different areas. Comparing where GW1 was after 2 years to where GW2 is after 2 years, GW1 was much bigger.

5. No, the knowledge of legions didn’t show up until the PCGamer special edition in 2007 which was published shortly after Eye of the North’s release.

6. Yes, mostly in Cantha with creatures such as the Saltspray Dragons, but no relation to the Elder Dragons known – we didn’t know of the Elder Dragons until said PCGamer magazine, though we did know of their influence (though not knowing the ties to ancient eldritch draconic forces) including Glint, The Great Destroyer, and Svanir. We do see Primordus(’ head) and Kralkatorrik(’s back) in GW1 though.

7. Charr were present from the first game, asura and norn were introduced with the fourth.

8. Pre-Searing is the final day of the Third Guild Wars. There’s a short story written for a battle during said Third Guild Wars – The Battle of Khylo PvP map takes place in the location of said short story – and we see the reprecussions of it, but there’s just a wee bit more lore on it in GW2 to be honest. Which isn’t much.

9. Not by the term “devil”. Demons in GW-verse are aptly defined as “creatures created from the Mists themselves” and usually look like copies of Tyrian creatures who’s been skinned and said skin placed back on backwards. No goat-hoofed devil-horned creatures with pitchforks or the like. Angels are described – barely – as being servants of Dwayna, whom herself has an angelic appearance (as does some interpretations of Melandru). All angels depicted are female, interestingly enough, and there’s an Elonian legend of harpies being fallen servants of Dwayna (aka fallen angels).

10. Jotun, you mean, not ettin. We actually meet at least one of all five races (Seers being the “one member met”). We pretty much commit genocide on the mursaat and forgotten we see in Tyria, ironically enough.

11. Nope. No hints to Elder Dragons until shortly after the release of Eye of the North – in said PCGamer issue. Lorewise, the Elder Dragons were unknown until Jormag’s rise by the common populace (thanks to the Great Destroyer forcing the asura out before Primordus woke, and Primordus’ awakening affecting so little in turn). We do see their influence, but without external sources and GW2, there’s no way to realize “this is an Elder Dragon’s doing!”

12. Not in the least. Not even same company makes the two. And of what little I’ve played of Kingdoms of Amalur, there’s no similarity either.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Canonically, I’d say that the true “heroes” of GW1 were Ascalon’s Chosen (Devona, Aidan, Mhenlo, Cynn and Eve), helped by the other Heroes and henchmen. They were present throughout all three campaigns and Eye of the North, as well as playing pivotal roles during the War in Kryta and the rise of the Ministry of Purity. It’s just kept unobtrusive so that players can feel free to roleplay their own character’s achievements.

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

Canonically, I’d say that the true “heroes” of GW1 were Ascalon’s Chosen (Devona, Aidan, Mhenlo, Cynn and Eve), helped by the other Heroes and henchmen. They were present throughout all three campaigns and Eye of the North, as well as playing pivotal roles during the War in Kryta and the rise of the Ministry of Purity. It’s just kept unobtrusive so that players can feel free to roleplay their own character’s achievements.

Hard to say, since I don’t think any of them are mentioned in GW2 either.

in Lore

Zaxares.5419

There is a book that was written by Mhenlo that you can find on one of the book carts in DR, I believe. It’s just the title though; no synopsis or actual content is readable.

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

Right, those. Wasn’t there one with Cynn too?

in Lore

adormtil.1605

At the end of the third guild war who was the strongest human nation?

(edited by adormtil.1605)

in Lore

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

The guild wars were a series of conflicts and hostilities between the three human nations. None of them came out on top because they only ended due to the charr invasion.

“The Guild Wars lasted for decades. It was not comprised of any single campaign; instead, it encompassed a long-term struggle between a number of distinct factions. Over time, with no clear victor, the quest for dominance embroiled all the human nations. The Guild Wars came to an abrupt and brutal end by the emergence of an even greater threat. The Charr invaded the human kingdoms,…” http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Guild_Wars

edit: We can really only assume they rivaled each other in power with their major strategies resting on their own national strengths.

(edited by Dustfinger.9510)

in Lore

adormtil.1605

The strange part is I really taught that the first game is a game that started with the first guild war until the charr invasion like a living story because of the name Guild Wars.

in Lore

Dustfinger.9510

Ohh. Yeah, that is confusing. The game is named after the guild wars of Tyrian history but we don’t actually engage in the guild wars. we start the game as the guild wars end due to the charr invasion. So there was no multiple guild wars, there was only one big series of conflicts called the guild wars that ended with the start of the first game.

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

Ohh. Yeah, that is confusing. The game is named after the guild wars of Tyrian history but we don’t actually engage in the guild wars. we start the game as the guild wars end due to the charr invasion. So there was no multiple guild wars, there was only one big series of conflicts called the guild wars that ended with the start of the first game.

Well, they are numbered now, but I don’t think they were in the first game.

in Lore

Dustfinger.9510

Well, they are numbered now, but I don’t think they were in the first game.

Ooo. Do you have a link? I might be missing a lot of details from within those wars.

nvm, found some wki info

in Lore

Dustfinger.9510

Hookay, looks like the first one was between Ascalon and Kryta. No further info. http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/First_Guild_War

The second one was between Ascalon and Kryta again with Ascalon being victorious. http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Second_Guild_War

And the third one known as The Guild War (which is where I made that left turn) involved Ascalon, Kryta and Orr and was ended by the charr invasion. http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Third_Guild_War

in Lore

Zaxares.5419

Technically the answer would be Kryta then, as it was the only relatively intact human nation left. Orr was obliterated in the Cataclysm, and Ascalon was in the grip of its long, slow decline after the Searing.

in Lore

Posted by: Ishmael.6740

Ishmael.6740

Right, those. Wasn’t there one with Cynn too?

Yep, I also found one called “Eve of Destruction”, which, I think, refers to Eve.

There might be one for every member of the group, but I only found Mhenlo, Cynn and Eve so far.

in Lore

adormtil.1605

This raises another question what happened to those guilds that fought in the Guild Wars that started it and that directed it for which they were responsible?

in Lore

Ishmael.6740

Hm, I guess between the charr invasion the cataclysm of orr and the white mantle incident and the respective aftermaths, humanity was forced to work together, old guilds would have been destroyed, new guilds formed – We know that guild weren’t exclusively human after a time too…

in Lore

adormtil.1605

Was the White Mantle evil?

in Lore

Ishmael.6740

Not inherently – White Mantle was an organisation founded by (I think) a guy called “Saul D’Alessio” – The charr invaded Kryta at that time and Saul found the so called “Unseen Ones” who he believed to be new gods – With the help of these new gods he drove the charr out of kryta.

Some of the eventy in GW1 deal with helping the white mantle to round up “chosen ones” to be carried away and educated to be some kind of scholars or so (I think, don’t remember what they said exactly because it was all lies anyways ^^) – Later we find out that they actually sacrifice these “Chosen Ones”.
Thing is – the “Unseen Ones” are actually an ancient race called “mursaat” who believe in an ancient prophecy that these “chosen ones” will bring about the downfall of their race, so they used Saul and his white Mantle to prevent this by killing them.

So, no, the white mantle is not “evil”, just a bunch of misguided religious whackjobs abused by some ancient, selfish race.

in Lore

adormtil.1605

Was Glint really a champion of a elder dragon? I mean she had connections with the human gods made a prophecy lived in a sand grain created by her those are kind of feats that make me doubt she was a champion of a elder god since you know just a couple of weeks ago be beat one 1 vs 1 and he was not that impressive.

in Lore

Rukh.9287

According to lore it seems so, though it may have been a later retcon to explain her existence in the game. It still makes for interesting story though.

in Lore

Ishmael.6740

" just a couple of weeks ago be beat one 1 vs 1 and he was not that impressive."

you’re talking about Zhaitan?

tehre are a few things to be considered: First, we didn’t beat him 1v1, we beat him with a massive army and a huge effort to unite the different philosophies and races of tyria to fight against him – That’s how we won

Second, Zhaitan is not Kralkatorrik, Kralkatorrik is, if I’m not mistaken, the mightiest of the elder dragons we know of so far.

e: Also, the elder dragons seem to have different ideas when it comes to ther minions: Jormag for example has very deceptive and autonomous servants, while Zaitan seems to be more of an “omnipower” amongst his subjects. Maybe Kralkatorrik just created a minion with more powers to deal with the special tasks he assigned to her.

in Lore

adormtil.1605

What no I mean the dragon champion from part 2 of the personal story. Why did you though Zhaitan?

in Lore

Ishmael.6740

What no I mean the dragon champion from part 2 of the personal story. Why did you though Zhaitan?

oh, that wasn’t an elder dragon ^^ one of his champions, like Glint.

in Lore

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

The strange part is I really taught that the first game is a game that started with the first guild war until the charr invasion like a living story because of the name Guild Wars.

Well technically the Guild Wars were only over in the form they started in. There is a detail often overlooked and that is PvP. Guild versus Guild combat was one of the PvP modes the first set of games had to offer and it was canon.
Basically after the massive losses in the first 3 Guild Wars (events not games) the human nations declared that guilds can only have 100 members maximum (a rule the White Mantle breaks, but hey they were also the Krytan government and a religion) and all disputes between guilds must be settled in special combats with at most 16 people taking part in them.
Later those battles were even banned from the Tyrian continent and relocated to the Battle Isles, an archipelago in the middle of the Unending Ocean. Of course this part of the lore mostly exists to cover up game play limitations, they are still canon though. So in a way the Guild Wars continued, yet on a much smaller scale.

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

If I’m correct, the earliest rendition of Guild Wars (before they even got Daniel Dociu for their artwork and just had placeholder art) was meant to take place during an actual war of guilds, but this later changed for the charr, undead, and mursaat conflicts.

Arguably, there are still conflicts between guilds – as Prophecies manual counts the Stone Summit and White Mantle as guilds, iirc, and the Shining Blade are called a guild in Prophecies too once or twice I think – but it is no longer the ‘highlight’ that they are warring guilds.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

adormtil.1605

Did the humans knew that existed other sentient society building races besides theirs? And if they did why they were so unprerpared.

in Lore

Rukh.9287

Yes the humans encountered and fought the Charr and the Forgotten pretty early in to their entry in to Kryta.

in Lore

adormtil.1605

^Do you not mean Tyria?

in Lore

BuddhaKeks.4857

Did the humans knew that existed other sentient society building races besides theirs? And if they did why they were so unprerpared.

Yes they knew a lot of such races, most notably the Charr. Them being unprepared was a mix of arrogance and ignorance. Basically only the Ascalonian humans had really fought with the charr so far (probably the others too, but in a time when the humans weren’t yet spread into different kingdoms) and they managed to hold them at bay in the north while still having their saftey net behind them in form of the Great Northern Wall (the ruins of the wall can still be seen in the Plains of Ashford and other regions in Ascalon).

Prince Rurik, son of King Adelbern was one of the few who was really concerned that the Charr might prepare an invasion. Turned out he was right and worse, the charr had magic that shattered the wall into pieces… well atleast some parts of it, most actually withstood the spell, that is known as the Searing, but the breaches were enough for a huge Charr force to make it’s way into south Ascalon leaving nothing but destruction behind.
And it got even worse from there, as the Charr attacked Orr. As you might have already read, Orr is the holiest place for the humans as it’s capital Arah was host to some of the human gods for a while. Bloodshed in it’s streets is forbidden to humans. We don’t know how Arah´s defensive structures looked like, but apparently it had nothing to withstand an invading Charr army. The ultima ratio chosen by Vizier Khilbron was to blow up the whole peninsula. If he knew this would happen or not is not entirely clear but I think it’s implied that he did.

As others have mentioned, with a huge chunk of the Charr force finding their grave in Orr and the help of the Mursaat, Kryta managed to defeat the invasion force that was sent to subdue them. Without those 2 events they would probably have fallen too.

(edited by BuddhaKeks.4857)

in Lore

adormtil.1605

So this Abbadon from what I understood was the one responsible for the event in GW 2 until the last expansion but why did he did that and is true that he was not one of the original human gods?

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

They did, but humans in the time of GW1 treated most other races like monsters, with more or less the sole exception being the dwarves. Further, none of those races at the time posed a threat to the existence of the human kingdoms- they were simply raiders who would occasionally burn a village or butcher a caravan. The charr were in such a state because they were fighting each other as well as the humans, and remained that way until they united and acquired a magic artifact indirectly from a human god. However, by that point the third Guild War had started, so the humans didn’t notice the change until it was too late. As for why they were unprepared, all three kingdoms had by the charr invasion been at war for fifty-seven years, and their militaries and treasuries were both depleted.

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

So this Abbadon from what I understood was the one responsible for the event in GW 2 until the last expansion but why did he did that and is true that he was not one of the original human gods?

He was responsible for the events of the three GW1 campaigns, if that’s what you mean. He was one of the original gods, but his name was struck from the records after his fall. It’s a little complicated, but the gist of it is that he gave too much magic to the races, the other gods took it back, things escalated, and Abaddon and his followers ended up going to war. He was defeated and imprisoned in the Realm of Torment, which over the course of a thousand years drove him insane. He used his servants in GW1 as a way of getting revenge against the other gods and their followers, and in the final campaign he tried to free himself and subject the whole world to the Torment he had been trapped in.

in Lore

adormtil.1605

^Does that mean that in the end the rest of the human gods are responsible for the char invasion and everything after probably even the guild wars?

in Lore

BuddhaKeks.4857

^Does that mean that in the end the rest of the human gods are responsible for the char invasion and everything after probably even the guild wars?

Not directly, more in a butterfly-effect like way. Still enough though that I can see why they are taking a step back and are not intervening anymore as it didn’t turn out so well.

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

Hm… not really. The charr were ultimately acting in retaliation against the gods, but I don’t think it’s fair to conclude that makes it the gods’ fault.

in Lore

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

1. Yes there are minor references
2. The white mantle came to power after the charr invasion. The leader was sol deleso or hover you spell it. He came across ed the mursaat at some point and they gave the white mantle the power to stop the char and then the mantle worshiped them as gods. The original rules of key ta was the royal family
3. You begin the game before the sering in ascalon
4. In terms of map areas that you could acess gw1 was bigger even at lunch. In terms of area to actually running around in its close. By the end of gw1 it is about 3 to 4 times the access able area of gw2
5. Kinda. I don’t remember if they mentioned it at launch but in the one expansion they explain that all 4 legions exists but the flame legion has all the power
6. Glint is the only on mentioned in gw2. There was kunavang but I’ve never seen a references to him
7.yes. and u also meet ventari
8. The charr invasion brought an end to the guild wars
9. Angels not really. Demons yes lots of them
10. Yes.
11. The player doesn’t know other than an ending cut scene. However the fact that glint interacted with the races and the dwarves and forgotten keep pretty good records there was almost definitely people who knew of them
12. Idk

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in Lore

Ishmael.6740

The charr were an antitheist people – They had no gods of their own, knew about human gods, but saw them as enemies to be destroyed.

The humans of ascalon built the great northern wall and thrived under their gods.

Some Flame Legion guy had the idea that the charr would only ever be in a position to defeat the humans of Ascalon, if they had gods of their own.

He found the titans (As I mentioned above, the Mursaat, the false gods of the White Mantle, feared to be destroyed by the aforementioned “Chosen Ones” who would free the titans who in turn would destroy the mursaat), Titans gave the charr magic, they tore down the great northern wall like furry cool-aid men and drove humanity out of ascalon.

Later on, our Heroes in GW1 defeatet the titans, the charr flame legion, pressed to find new gods to hold their grasp on the charr people, turned to the destroyers – we defeated them too in the first GW, so the other three legions got really kittened and kicked out the shamaans.

So, in a way, the human gods are not directly responsible for the charr invasion, but definitely gave the charr the ideas, where they should look for the means to start the invasion ^^

in Lore

adormtil.1605

Do the modern chars know that the reason they are a great power now is because of their former gods? And I said if the human gods were responsible because of them they made Abbadon mad by imprisoning him in a place of torment and he did what he did.

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

Do the modern chars know that the reason they are a great power now is because of their former gods? And I said if the human gods were responsible because of them they made Abbadon mad by imprisoning him in a place of torment and he did what he did.

They certainly don’t acknowledge it. Maybe somewhere in the back of their heads they know they’d never have defeated Ascalon if the Flame Legion hadn’t united them, but the three modern allied legions bury that under a stubborn insistence that they can manage just as well without magic and that having gods had, in fact, held the charr back from charting their own destiny.

in Lore

adormtil.1605

Was the flame legion really the leader of the charr? I remember the flame legion imperator took under assault the Ascalonian capital so he will a great feat to be recognised as their Khan but we all know what happened in that assault.

in Lore

Ishmael.6740

If I got that right, flame legion just harbored the most “shamans” who were the true power, because they “communicated” with the gods.

Also I think the titan magic just gave them the one edge, element of surprise, by tearing down the wall, the rest was more or less thanks to unprepared humanity.

their gods didn’t help them in Orr, nor in kryta, and were defeated by puny humans – the charr themselves were never defeated by humans since they reclaimed their homelands, I guess they just see themselves stronger now than their beaten gods.

in Lore

adormtil.1605

Why I do not get among all the other legions the fire legion had the biggest losses in recovering Ascalon why are they so hated?

in Lore

Ishmael.6740

Because the charr were inherently antitheist – They rejected gods!

To them, the flame legion “tircked” them into belief, and that belief turned out to be not even into real gods – Also, flame legion stripped all females of their status as soldiers after a planned rebellion by one female charr – That’s roughly half a nation they turned against themselves.

in Lore

adormtil.1605

Still I am surprised they did not aknowlege they sacrifice and effort were is the honor in that?

in Lore

Ishmael.6740

Because they did not sacrifice or put effort in the invasion any more than any other charr – They formed a strong authority over the whole charr people based on lies and deceit (even if they themselves didn’t know, that seems to be irrelevant) – And when they finally were found out, they just shifted to another lie, brutally beating down every resistance.

in Lore

adormtil.1605

I do not know about not sacrificing more did I told you about the failed assault on the Ascalonian capital the one that created the ghosts?