Help please

Help please

in Lore

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

So I have 4 out of 5 chars themed after the factions I was able to find in GW2. I am struggling to find an interracial (not like Seraph), relevant (not like Consortium), legit (not like X follower or something custom made) and friendly or atleast neutral (not pirates or Modus Sceleris) faction to theme after that is also not defined by White Mantle (not Shining Blade or White Mantle drop out). So far I have used the 4 obvious ones: Priory, Vigil, Whispers and Zephyrite. What would you recommend?

Help please

in Lore

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

The Lion Guard maybe? The Black Lion Trading Company?

Also, how is the Consortium not relevant? It seems to be playing a role in the ‘current events’ and in season 1 it was of course heavily tied to Southsun and the Fractals. The Consortium also designed new Lion’s Arch.

Help please

in Lore

Pregnantman.8259

Relevant as in they aren’t really known to fight much or interact with the world on a grand scale. You might argue that is the same with Zephyrites, but I took liberty with that theme assuming after ship crash some members just took on traveling the world by foot and using violence as a last resort in their travels.

Lion Guard seems like a good idea. I wish we had some back item to go along with more factions though

(edited by Pregnantman.8259)

Help please

in Lore

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The Consortium are becoming very much involved in interacting with the world on a grand scale. Rebuilding LA, occupying Southson, setting up the fractals and now involved in the leyline problems scattered across the Shiverpeaks, Maelstrom and Ascalonian lands.

I’d also argue that they are one of the most interesting factions that have appeared, since our knowledge of them is quite limited

Help please

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

What about the Pact? They’re a faction in their own right, and certainly friendly and relevant. If gear’s an issue for you, they also have two complete weapon sets to choose from.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

Help please

in Lore

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

You could also go with organizations such as the Zaishen or the Sunspears, though you’d have to find a way to justify that.

Help please

in Lore

Pregnantman.8259

Now that you guys said it, yes Consortium doesn’t sound bad. In fact it seems like I will have a lot of liberty to have a second theme to go with like Consortium mercenary or funder. My only problem with it is that Consortium doesn’t have any skins associated to them aside from maybe the island stuff (which is limiting me in a Southsun theme rather than a Consortium theme), and only thing I can take as reference is what NPCs wear uniformly. My intention isn’t to make a cosplay or look like a NPC, but custom make sets from pieces borrowed from the factions – so that although my char has a unique set his set can still be associated with a faction.

Help please

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Sounds like the Lionguard may well be the best option. They have a general set of looks you can follow without having to follow them slavishly, and their own weapon skins (I think you get them from a cultural vendor in Lion’s Arch).

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Help please

in Lore

Pregnantman.8259

What kind of back item would you expect a Lionguard to wear? I am thinking to use either the guild backpack skin or the guild back flag (dont know the right name) with Lion guild emblem on it. In other words, do you think a Lionguard is adventurous and travels a lot (backpack) or is more concerned with how the organization is represented (flag)?

Help please

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Backpack, I think. The Lionguard are spread across most of Tyria (from Metrica to Wayfarer) and they’re a fairly practical organisation on the whole.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Help please

in Lore

Pregnantman.8259

I have a set in mind which I will get to start once I am able to play. Thanks a lot for help guys! I will post the result when I am done.