Hes just licking its wounds

in Lore

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

Hey guys!

As the player we get to kill Zhaitan in Arah. We shot him down from high above. But as far as I know there has been no confirmation he actually died. No one went down to his body. Therefore it could be he is recovering from his damage and getting ready for revenge. Wait for it…

Or am I missing something?:P

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

in Lore

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

If you break out of the map in the story path after killing him, you can find his body after an extensive search.

I have some screens I can upload tonight if you wish.

EDIT : His tail is also in the Priory archive.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in Lore

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

Also Zhaitan's tail, or at least a large part of it, is in the Durmand Priory during the living story

Ninja edited >.< ^

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

in Lore

Novuake.2691

Also Zhaitan's tail, or at least a large part of it, is in the Durmand Priory during the living story

Ninja edited >.< ^

Oe ah EEE *with hands all nijaish…

EDIT : Feeling more like Johnny Bravo now…

in Lore

The V.8759

Ninja edited >.< ^

Pff who needs a tail anyway

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Hey guys!

As the player we get to kill Zhaitan in Arah. We shot him down from high above. But as far as I know there has been no confirmation he actually died. No one went down to his body. Therefore it could be he is recovering from his damage and getting ready for revenge. Wait for it…

No I think he’s officially dead. Would have liked it if he was still alive for the mere implication that we might get a reworked final battle with him.

Ninja edited >.< ^

Well in the final fight they do shoot it off, and he’s mostly perfectly fine without it.

in Lore

Novuake.2691

One of the screens, they are mostly the same, can not get any closer due to invisible walls.

Attachments:

in Lore

The V.8759

One of the screens, they are mostly the same, can not get any closer due to invisible walls.

Underwater “corpses” actually arent corpses but models that they placed for the design. There is also a tequatl under straights of devastation.

in Lore

Posted by: Titus.4285

Titus.4285

Let the Kings and Queens of other lands and lesser creatures
witness our wonders and cry out in astonishment and humble themselves.
Beware our mighty works.

in Lore

Novuake.2691

Underwater “corpses” actually arent corpses but models that they placed for the design. There is also a tequatl under straights of devastation.

Tequatl is only one of the minor dragons that happened to take Zhaitans place in a way.

There are MANY with the same design and even size as him, like the one you fight at claw island and also during the story dungeon in Arah. There are also lots of them flying around the Straights.

in Lore

Posted by: Lindelle.3718

Lindelle.3718

This whole ‘zhaitan may still be alive’ thing is pretty popular speculation… but I hope it isn’t true. Or at least, if it is, its more the ‘he can’t die because he is a force of nature and will “awaken” again in some crazy number of years after were all gone.’

Its taken us 2 and a half years to get to the second dragon (and it seems we’re only now really going after it), I’ll be pretty irritated if it seems like those years and the personal story was all for nothing because “haha guess what he’s still alive!”

Lindelle Ulfsvitr – Norn Ranger
“Walk with the pack. In the eyes of Wolf, we are all brothers and sisters.”

in Lore

Posted by: Cosmin.8306

Cosmin.8306

Well i really hope that HoT will revamp his encounter a bit , it felt a bit anticlimactic.

in Lore

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Zhaitan is assuredly dead. However, the magic he commanded and embodied still exists, and all recent lore tidbits suggest that Tequatl or another of Zhaitan’s dragon champions is basically “evolving” to take his place.

in Lore

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Hey guys!

Or am I missing something?:P

Seriously, what difference does it make? If the writers want to bring him back, there’s always a way. Look how many times the Joker from Batman or the Master from Doctor Who, or countless other villains, returned from the “dead”.

in Lore

Posted by: Cosmin.8306

Cosmin.8306

Usually bringing someone from death cheapens their character & death looses impact (just look at Krillin from dbz or the transformers movies Megatron , at least he didn’t die in the last one) . Not to mention if it wasn’t planned ahead of time it could potentially create conflict within the lore/laws in the universe . But if you do plan it ahead and plant some kind of hints before hand it can be awesome.

in Lore

Novuake.2691

Usually bringing someone from death cheapens their character & death looses impact (just look at Krillin from dbz or the transformers movies Megatron , at least he didn’t die in the last one) . Not to mention if it wasn’t planned ahead of time it could potentially create conflict within the lore/laws in the universe . But if you do plan it ahead and plant some kind of hints before hand it can be awesome.

Zhaitan was a cheap character, about as cheap as they come.

:)

in Lore

Posted by: Janderson.4670

Janderson.4670

Caithe also said that her wyld hunt is completed, which was to kill Zhaitan.

in Lore

Posted by: Darkbattlemage.9612

Darkbattlemage.9612

“Hmmm…How can one kill what is already dead?” Warriv, Diablo II

Perhaps the Elder Dragons function in a manner similar to the Archdemons of Dragonage, kill the body its spirit simply leaps to another body to “reform” unless attempting to possess a tainted body that possesses a soul. That would appease both sides, as there is a physical body that has been destroyed but there is the potential to make Zhaitan a more satisfying fight.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.
Chaos always finds a way, who you think Evil learned it from?

in Lore

CureForLiving.5360

Well i really hope that HoT will revamp his encounter a bit , it felt a bit anticlimactic.

Which is why Zhaitan being alive is so appealing. Even if we only get a single new dungeon, or open world boss.

Which she only said because she thought(correctly or not) that Zhaitan was dead.

in Lore

Posted by: Koviko.3248

Koviko.3248

Sylvari don’t seem to Ascend or anything when they finish their Wyld Hunt, so they can never truly know that they’ve finished it.

If the Dragon Caithe saw was the same as the one we saw, then Zhaitan wasn’t her Wyld Hunt, anyway. Mordremoth is.

in Lore

Wanderer.3248

Sylvari don’t seem to Ascend or anything when they finish their Wyld Hunt, so they can never truly know that they’ve finished it.

If the Dragon Caithe saw was the same as the one we saw, then Zhaitan wasn’t her Wyld Hunt, anyway. Mordremoth is.

Mordremoth sends his champion into the dream to auger that the Wild Hunt of two of his own minions will be to cause his own demise?

Makes perfect sense.

in Lore

Koviko.3248

That’s assuming it was literally Mordremoth getting involved in the Dream. If the dream is in fact a display of your “destiny,” then whatever you see might just be things that already exist within it, right?

Or do we have proof that the dragon was actually Mordemoth’s invasion of the Dream?

in Lore

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

That’s assuming it was literally Mordremoth getting involved in the Dream. If the dream is in fact a display of your “destiny,” then whatever you see might just be things that already exist within it, right?

Or do we have proof that the dragon was actually Mordemoth’s invasion of the Dream?

Caithe said it was something killing a bunch of sylvari, or the Nightmare. Maybe it was Mordremoth’s influence at work, or the Shadow of the Dragon literally attacking, or maybe our destiny was just so awesome that the other sylvari couldn’t handle our vision.

in Lore

Wanderer.3248

I recall that one of the writers stated that it was the Shadow of the Dragon quite literally invading the dream (I don’t recall the exact quote, someone may like to search for it). There was no mention that it was operating on specific instuctions, or what its motives were.

But then, perhaps my unapologetically vehement lack of credularity at this “twist” of the plot has coloured my recollection.

in Lore

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

didnt the devs confirm zhaitans death though

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

in Lore

Koviko.3248

Death is merely a setback to the Dragon of the dead!

in Lore

Novuake.2691

LET THE POOR THING REST IN PEACE! I will check Arah story EVERY DAY just to make sure his body stays there. OK?

in Lore

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

tequatl is becoming the next elder dragon

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

in Lore

CureForLiving.5360

Tequatl is dead in-lore.

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Tequatl is dead in-lore.

Well, tailless, at least. All the points the OP made about Zhaitan could apply to Teq as well.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

It was originally intended that Arah: Storymode was supposed to take longer. Hence why there is a body you can find if you go outside of the map. Or was at one point because I think they patched it a while back, all footage is old pre-fixes. They have said they wont be using Zhaitan again as an enemy so we wont see him in GW2 rise or anything.

in Lore

Posted by: Darkbattlemage.9612

Darkbattlemage.9612

LET THE POOR THING REST IN PEACE! I will check Arah story EVERY DAY just to make sure his body stays there. OK?

How do you know you won’t be the reason he will be resurrected?

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.
Chaos always finds a way, who you think Evil learned it from?

in Lore

Novuake.2691

How do you know you won’t be the reason he will be resurrected?

Can I haz control then? Cuz then i WANTS IT!