History of the Inquest

History of the Inquest

in Lore

Posted by: THE DOCTOR.3510

THE DOCTOR.3510

Hi, I’m writing a fanfic and it’s centered around Asura stuff that happened a few years after they fled from Primordius. However, I’m having a hard time finding info about the Inquest for around that time. I just need to know why they were formed, and if they were always bad. Any info is welcome, thank you!

History of the Inquest

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

The Inquest is a new group. They didn’t exist around Primordus’ rising. They were in fact established partially because of Primordus’ rising. They were more or less formed for two main goals: 1) to reach Eternal Alchemy (aka understanding of the universe) and 2) to avoid knowledge being lost due to the standard asuran paranoia, egoism, etc. which happened in large scale when they were forced to the surface (they view the knowledge lost from the evacuation of the Depths to have been a great loss).

For more reading: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/That_Old_College_Try

The exact age of the Inquest is unknown, but it’s a “relatively recent” organization. It may even be younger that the sylvari race.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

History of the Inquest

in Lore

THE DOCTOR.3510

Ok, thanks for the info. I’ll have to change a few things in my plot. And thanks for the link too. Just curious, isn’t reaching Eternal Alchemy pretty much every asuras goal?

History of the Inquest

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

The main difference, as touched upon in that article, is that the asura as a race want to understand the Eternal Alchemy, where the Inquest as an organization want to control it.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

History of the Inquest

in Lore

Posted by: MaesterTed.6571

MaesterTed.6571

I hate to be that guy, but if you’re writing a fanfic, I feel like I should specifically point this out. It’s Primordus, not Primordius. Without the second I. You might wanna check and correct that in your story.

History of the Inquest

in Lore

THE DOCTOR.3510

I hate to be that guy, but if you’re writing a fanfic, I feel like I should specifically point this out. It’s Primordus, not Primordius. Without the second I. You might wanna check and correct that in your story.

Thanks, I don’t mind people being that guy. More helpful than saying nothing.

History of the Inquest

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

I do want to point out (since I could have sworn that I wrote a response to this but it must have gotten lost) that even though the Inquest themselves may not have been around, there is a good chance that asura with a similar mindset to the Inquest would be. We have examples of GW1 asura caring very little about endangering the lives of the bookahs that work for him, aka Gadd.

History of the Inquest

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

It should also be noted that Oola’s later-life (post-EN) experiments and attitude resemble the Inquest a lot – look at her journals if you manage to get in her lab in Metrica (she treated her apprentices as disposable tools more or less), and the whole “soul into a golem” experiment…

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

History of the Inquest

in Lore

THE DOCTOR.3510

Yeah, I read some of the Oola’s research, very interesting. I’m trying to figure out how much equipment it takes to transfer your soul into a golem. Didn’t see the thing about the apprentices though, time to pay another visit there to see what I can find!