Holosmith origins [SPOILERS]

in Lore

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

Ok this contains spoiler to the Origin of Holosmith in PoF. YOU HAVE BEEN SPOILER WARNED!

So holosmith is created by Elonians and you meet Baraz Sharifi who is a Holosmith you meet in PoF within the first map of the expansion near the Farmlands near the starting City to explain their origins

He explained that Elonians invented the Holosmith when they met the Zephyrites after seeing how they used Crystals for their magic.

The secret to Holosmith’s technology is to Harness the Power of the Sun to allow the Holosmith access to their Holo Form and holo type attacks.

The Sword is chosen as the weapon of choice because it is useful for Speed, Precision, and Power due to the sword designs.

Photon Forge Mode source of Power is the Sun which turns Sunlight into physical energy though the use of Crystals. However, this is also the source of the “exploding” issue caused by Photon Forge Mode as to generate Sunlight into a physical form also generates a very large amount of heat which then leads to the explosion of pure Sun Energy.

So what do you think about the Origins of Holosmith?

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

in Lore

Posted by: maxwelgm.4315

maxwelgm.4315

It’s actually very nice that elite specializations finally have lore built around them so it doesn’t seem like our characters suddenly gain new abilities out of poof.

As for this one in particular, it’s very nice to have cutting-edge tech being done in Tyria by non-Asuran groups (the Zephrytes are an all-encompassing group and Elonians are majorly human, potentially only human). Would be weird and make it seem like Asuras are actually “smarter” in some sense if we never really saw the amazing stuff they can do being done by others (the Charr already minimize this to some extent, but they are too steampunk-ish).

Their [Anet’s] description of the profession is also nice because it fits all the proper motifs of real life photonics required to tingle our suspension of disbelief, like a proper fiction setting would do to increase immersion.

in Lore

Posted by: Taglor Anwamane.9468

Taglor Anwamane.9468

I hate it, actually. It’s nice that there’s some lore built up around it, but this is wrong to the point of being nonsensical. Engineer as a profession originated from the charr, and the other “techie” civilization is the asura, especially when it comes to holo-technology. With Joko and the desert being the way it is, the Elonians have had very little contact with the charr or the asura, and so creating a revolutionary Engineer technology out of Elona makes no sense. Having technological innovation come from other civilizations is okay, but there is no basis for it being done this way. Use of the Zephyrites crystals is one thing, and Elona does have a history of kinship with the Sun, but mixing that kind of magic with technology is not something that could believably come solely out of the desert and from humans, like NPCs seem to suggest. In fact, it’s the last of the elite specs that should have a desert origin. Perhaps, maybe, it would be acceptable if an asura and/or charr developed the proto-tech that allowed the Photon Forge to be possible, but otherwise it’s just glaringly bad. And bad lore is no better (and maybe worse) than none at all.

in Lore

EdwinLi.1284

I hate it, actually. It’s nice that there’s some lore built up around it, but this is wrong to the point of being nonsensical. Engineer as a profession originated from the charr, and the other “techie” civilization is the asura, especially when it comes to holo-technology. With Joko and the desert being the way it is, the Elonians have had very little contact with the charr or the asura, and so creating a revolutionary Engineer technology out of Elona makes no sense. Having technological innovation come from other civilizations is okay, but there is no basis for it being done this way. Use of the Zephyrites crystals is one thing, and Elona does have a history of kinship with the Sun, but mixing that kind of magic with technology is not something that could believably come solely out of the desert and from humans, like NPCs seem to suggest. In fact, it’s the last of the elite specs that should have a desert origin. Perhaps, maybe, it would be acceptable if an asura and/or charr developed the proto-tech that allowed the Photon Forge to be possible, but otherwise it’s just glaringly bad. And bad lore is no better (and maybe worse) than none at all.

They actually covered the part of Technology within the Crystal Desert Region quite early in GW2 life time being that small teams of Priory members have been making contact with residence within the Crystal Desert bring along with them plenty of technology from the current known regions of Tyria in Core Tyria so they can study the Crystal Desert area. We even see Priory teams within the starting towns taking their breaks from their field studies in the City Taverns.

It is most likely because of this Technology from Core Tyria got into the hands of Elonians within the Crystal Desert Region.

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

in Lore

Taglor Anwamane.9468

Like I said, if so, I want to hear about that, not some Elonian that’s so full of himself that he thinks that means the profession was created in Amnoon. And he does say that.

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

He says that holosmithing originated in Amnoon… and since holosmiths are defined by that photon forge thingy, that’s true. We certainly haven’t seen any of those in Tyria.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

EdwinLi.1284

He says that holosmithing originated in Amnoon… and since holosmiths are defined by that photon forge thingy, that’s true. We certainly haven’t seen any of those in Tyria.

Yep.

We known since GW2 release years ago Priory teams have been going into the Crystal Desert to study the region which would have brought with them plenty of people that are Engineers. This would have peaked interests with Elonians within the region of the Crystal Desert to take up the Engineer Profession since Amnoon is the only known open City within Joko’s territory that allowed contact and trading with the outside regions.

With Zephyrites always making contact with Amnoon, since it is a major trading Hub for the Crystal Desert region,their magic being noticed was common since it was unique by infusing Crystals with Wind, Lightning, or Sun energy. It would be common for Zephyrite to always stop by the area as it was common for them to stop within the Crystal Desert due to their origins and mission before the events of HoT destroyed their fleet.

From here we learn that Elonian that took up the Profession of Engineers that live within the Crystal Desert invented the Holosmith technology by learning how to apply Zephyrites Sun Crystals into their technology. It took time but eventually they learned how to make it work and from their began developing the foundation of the Holosmith.

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Charr and asura have not been the only technologically advanced races. Humans in GW1 had many such advancements – they created miniature automatic toys, had automatic magically-powered tower cannons (in Vabbi), created elevator systems (Kurzicks), and much more.

I think it’s fine to hear that non-charr/asura have built upon the advancements of charr and asura in new ways, or have developed technologies in their own routes. That is how all technology advances, after all. This is especially true in the case of applying Zephyrite crystal magic with the engineer school – charr and asura wouldn’t have access to both, so it makes sense that humans in Elona, who do have access to both, would develop such. It would, in fact, be far more jarring if we’re told “well, some asura took Zephyrite Sun Crystals and merged it with engineer teachings and technologies”.

The only thing I don’t like is the name. “Holosmith” implies use of holograms, which are a definite asura thing – both with Elli (and later Scarlet) and Moto pioneering in hologram technologies in two separate fashions. Ultimately making the problem of holosmiths the same problem that “dragon hunters” had. Poor/misleading naming choice, and the rest is fine/good.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Just think back in our history.

The Crusades to th middle east in the past thrw back our overall technological level worldwide a ew centuries, as our “desert friends” were actually quite advanced scientificaly, in compairson to our armor clad bible Knights, ho went and burned down a lot around that time.

So if we apply th fact that similiar technology can be created in two several places and even divert in some aspects, why shouldn`t the elonian people not be able to create engineer technology and go towards holosmith tech, because they are living in a place that does help in doing so.

It is all in the sands here, so they are naturally going to have some kind of affinity to it.
Like we in Tyria went more for the Charr drone autonomous route and went with the Scrapper.

If we also add the Glints grinded down parts to the desert, etc. a Holosmith is actually feasable.
However I have to agree that Holosmith might be more bound to Tyria and it`s citizens, as we have seen great strides there. It does make sense as a franchise, but for that region I would have called it more something like “Lightsmith”, as they are forging weapons by bending and forming light to their will. Maybe a “Sunsmith”? Any other name for light?

in Lore

Taglor Anwamane.9468

I have serious doubts about Elonian engineers ending up surpassing asura in holotechnology. Learning from others is one thing. So is convergent evolution of technology. But surpassing something that is one of a race’s foremost specialties is Scarlet-level MarySue-ness.

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Well, I don’t think their technology is the same as asuran technology.

As they say, they use a base (the magic sand) which inherently has that power.
I believe if you got the right starting parts, it’s easier to get to a certain point.

in Lore

EdwinLi.1284

I have serious doubts about Elonian engineers ending up surpassing asura in holotechnology. Learning from others is one thing. So is convergent evolution of technology. But surpassing something that is one of a race’s foremost specialties is Scarlet-level MarySue-ness.

It is not more advance than Asura technology considering it is said to be very commonly prone to explode due to the Holosmith tech being unable to handle the large amount of heat.

If I have to compare Holosmith Tech to Asura Holo Tech, the Holosmith tech is most likely what Asura Holo tech was like in the beginning of their development being very prone to explode a lot in a matter of a short amount of time due to lack of heat management technology to handle maintaining a solid Holographic construct.

In today timeframe, Asura Holo tech are less likely to explode, still chance to explode but very rarely or unless some tampered with it, and from we seen from Ancient Asura labs, which have full working holographic golems from 200 years ago, the Asura Holo Tech is still hundred of years ahead of Holosmith’s Tech.

However, the way the Elonians chosen to handle the Technology diverged from the Asruan Holo Technology as well from what we seen. For Asura, their Holo Tech focused on creating working tools that function on their own to help with work and battle mostly being Golems and holographic computers. The Asuran Holo tech also does not need to be directly connected to the source of their power to function which is part of their tech showing how far more advance than Holosmith tech. Elonians took a different route and focus on creating physical constructs that the Holosmith use themselves for fighting instead.

Well, I don’t think their technology is the same as asuran technology.

As they say, they use a base (the magic sand) which inherently has that power.
I believe if you got the right starting parts, it’s easier to get to a certain point.

It is rather interesting when comparing Asura Holo tech with Holosmith tech.

Both have a type of crystal as their core to power their holographic projections but are made differently and use different sources of power.

Asuran Holo tech crystal is synthetic and has computer programming into the system to determine how the system works thus acting a the main processor for their Holo Tech. Their power is just a normal magical energy of any kind to apply the elemental applicatons into the golem but the most commonly used energy is electricity.

Holosmith tech crystal is a Zephyrite Crystal since it is a common resource easily made in the Crystal Desert which is where the Zephyrite obtain and make their magical crystals. It completely avoids all the computer programming Asura Holo Tech Cores requires since it is just pure magic container. However, it is more volatile due to lack of computer programming controlling the processing of the magical energy which then leads to the overheating issues.

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

in Lore

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

I think the holosmith “holograms” and asura “holograms” are simply two different paths.

Most of all asura holograms we see have no physical presence/can’t harm anything (there are a handful of cases otherwise), where the holosmith items seem to all have a physical presence that can interact or smack stuff around.

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

I agree with Kalavier. Yes, asura widely use light for displays and even platforms, but we’ve only seen two of them weaponise it the same way holosmiths do: Elli and Moto. It’s also worth bearing in mind that both of them were originally scorned for their research. That doesn’t mark holomancy out as one of the asura’s ‘foremost specialties’.

More importantly, Elli only made a weapon out of her hologram with the help of the Order of Whispers… who we know have been in contact with Elona. Even Moto’s Box may or may not entirely be his own work.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I think the holosmith “holograms” and asura “holograms” are simply two different paths.

Most of all asura holograms we see have no physical presence/can’t harm anything (there are a handful of cases otherwise), where the holosmith items seem to all have a physical presence that can interact or smack stuff around.

There were two major asura inventors along hologram technology in GW2: Moto and Elli.

Moto focused on virtual reality holograms, and indeed those do not have a physical presence.

Elli however focused on holograms with a physical presence. We see the first of her major inventions in Orr PS, along the Whispers route. It was in fact her technology sold to Lion’s Arch to create physical holograms that could smack around fighters, which the Aetherblades stole for Scarlet, which in turn became the foundation for the Prime Hologram fight (which again was very physical).

Doesn’t mean others couldn’t do the same of course, but asura holograms were very much in place to have a “physical presence” and could harm things.

As to Zott’s involvement – from Elli’s words: He saw my hologram and figured I could make it fight. After some experiments, I was able to create a viable holo-battleframe.

Doesn’t quite say he was involved in those experiments, just that Zott gave her the idea. So it’s hard to say exactly whether he did or not.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

There’s also Cai, in Trouble At the Roots: “With a little help, she could utilize those holograms very effectively. For more than just tournament announcing.”

Granted, that help could have just been the idea… but if the Whispers had been in contact with Elona, they’d surely know about Amnoon’s holosmiths. Even if they didn’t take a direct hand, by providing the idea, that would mean Elli, Lion’s Arch, and Scarlet were indirectly imitating Amnoon, not the other way around.

(That’s assuming Amnoon had holosmiths by then, but I think that’s a safe guess. Talking to the lore dump NPC, it sounds like they’re well established. For that to be the case, I would imagine that they’d at the very least have started started experiments by five years ago.)

(edited by Aaron Ansari.1604)

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Not only do you have to assume that holosmiths have been around for 5 years, but also for the Order of whispers to have contact in the Crystal Oasis area. While we know they have contact in Elona, that’s via asura gate and is much further south (in actual Elona) – other NPCs make note of a giant wall that Joko created to block his empire from the north, making direct travel much harder, with only some farms on the northern side of the wall. I believe the wall can even be seen in the unexplored map as there is a very out of place solid and thick line just north of the Desolation (along the southern end of the Elon, which is implied to be largely/wholly on the northern end of “the Bone Wall”).

With the Crystal Oasis area having been in lockdown for the past decade at minimum (though Snaff was able to get supplies from the desert, I find it hard to believe that Amnoon could be created in such capacity for Tyrian cartographers to be so wrong in just 10 years time – per Sparking the Flames starting dialogue), it’s likely that the highlands/Oasis/Elon area has been out of reach even for the Order of Whispers. Or alternatively, a place they didn’t believe was merit contact.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

However I have to agree that Holosmith might be more bound to Tyria and it`s citizens, as we have seen great strides there. It does make sense as a franchise, but for that region I would have called it more something like “Lightsmith”, as they are forging weapons by bending and forming light to their will. Maybe a “Sunsmith”? Any other name for light?

I really like “Sunsmith” given the lore for the profession. Maybe ANet didn’t want “SS” as the inevitable acronym? Also “Holosmith” is something modern English speakers will understand more readily as “Shaper of Holograms.” Certainly the name fit the visuals of the skills as presented in the promo video. But you’re right, Lightsmith or Sunsmith feel more flavorful now that you’ve suggested them.

Alas, history tells us that ANet doesn’t change an Elite’s name after announcing it. At least “Holosmith” isn’t horrible, it just isn’t completely accurate.

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

I’ve already put down my reasons for thinking that holosmiths were at least beginning five years ago.

As for the Whispers… the asura gate is speculation. We’ve had this argument in the past, so suffice it to say that I’m not convinced the Order has been able to physically travel to Elona. What we do know, though, is that the Whispers have stayed in touch with the resistance against Joko. We also know from the demo that said resistance has been able to help a great number of refugees to flee Joko’s domain, reportedly even including the odd Sunspear. Wall or no, Elona hasn’t been able to stop the escapees, and I don’t believe for a second that an organization like the Order would keep tabs on the far side of the wall and completely fail to check in with the near side. If they do maintain a physical presence, that’s all the more reason- surely if average citizens are able to succeed, the Whispers can too?

And then there’s the Order of Shadows. Both the name and the dress are strikingly similar. While we don’t have any lore on them as yet (that I’ve seen), even their mechanical role is similar to what the Order did in Elona. It was their task to defend the nation against magical and supernatural threats, and here we have a group who is named like them, dressed like them, and arranging the deaths of menaces unbalanced by the surge in magic.

As for the maps, I don’t believe for a minute that the Whispers would tip their hands by keeping Lion’s Arch cartographers in the loop.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

There’s not really many ways for the Order of Whispers to move, when we’re told “although crossing the Crystal Desert is currently impossible due to Palawa’s stranglehold over the southern reaches and the desert dragon’s presence in the northern desert” in the same paragraph. If direct route is impossible, indirect route is needed. This means either naval or teleport travel.

One of the NPCs in Amnoon says that most defectors are escaping the farms Joko set up along the Elon, which are north of the Bone Wall. Though some do get through the wall “somehow”, those numbers are much lower than those who are first sent to the farms which are, apparently, much easier to escape despite being one of Elona’s main food sources (one would think they’d be more protected).

As to the Order of Shadows – I disagree with them having a similar mechanical role. The Order of Whispers may have set up bounties for us for demonic beings, the same role was used by Kournan Priests, Vabbian Scouts, and even ghosts (and of course Sunspears). So I wouldn’t put much stalk there. We do get some lore on them, but only that they run bounties. So they seem more to be a guild-like group established to manage the creation and payment of bounties. Further, not all bounties are set for “menaces unbalanced by the surge in magic”, just the ones players get access to.

As for the maps, rather than the Order of Whispers providing the details, I was more implying to the fact that cartographers themselves couldn’t go out there. Which implies access was blocked much longer than 10 years for normal folks. This wouldn’t prevent illegal or secretive access, mind. But does make it harder.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

EdwinLi.1284

A few dialogue and interactions with NPCs does explain the region of Crystal Desert being not in control of Joko despite being part of his territory.

The Crystal Desert has become basically the Lion Arch Region of Elona that consist of mostly outcast, refugees, and Former Corsairs.

Elonian Engineers seem to be exclusive to the Crystal Desert Region since we known the only place in Joko’s territory that made contact with the other parts of Tyria was the Crystal Desert region and it was not until after the failed attempt to kill Kralk when contact with the Crystal Desert was cut off by Queen Jennah’s orders.

Elonian Refugees appeared to be very common before events of the Edge of Destiny books from what NPC said and they either settled within the Crystal Desert, Ebon hawk, or Divinity Reach.

However, I am curious how Priory teams been getting access into the Crystal Desert after events of Edge of Destiny

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

There’s not really many ways for the Order of Whispers to move, when we’re told “although crossing the Crystal Desert is currently impossible due to Palawa’s stranglehold over the southern reaches and the desert dragon’s presence in the northern desert” in the same paragraph. If direct route is impossible, indirect route is needed. This means either naval or teleport travel.

If they’re physically traveling there, yes.

One of the NPCs in Amnoon says that most defectors are escaping the farms Joko set up along the Elon, which are north of the Bone Wall. Though some do get through the wall “somehow”, those numbers are much lower than those who are first sent to the farms which are, apparently, much easier to escape despite being one of Elona’s main food sources (one would think they’d be more protected).

There’s a character in the southern cavalier checkpoint who I believe says that the farms are forced labor camps, which Joko would want somewhere remote if he’s trying to come across as benevolent to most of his subjects. Still, it stands to reason that guards and small walls would be easier to avoid than guards and a big wall, and one would imagine that it wouldn’t be too great a challenge for the Whispers to get some of their spies consigned to those camps.

Elonian Refugees appeared to be very common before events of the Edge of Destiny books from what NPC said and they either settled within the Crystal Desert, Ebon hawk, or Divinity Reach.

Not exactly. From what we’re told, the last wave of refugees made it through ~65 years ago. As far as we know, they were the last ones to make it to Core Tyria.

(edited by Aaron Ansari.1604)

in Lore

EdwinLi.1284

I am curious what the Holosmith could have been in the developers eye since the new video revealed it was one of the three Elite Specs that went through multiple revamps on Mechanic and Skills before it ended up as it is now.

in Lore

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

You guys are racking your head on the desert x technology issue.

It is quite simple to understand the inspiration for the holosmith concept.

Attachments:

in Lore

ugrakarma.9416

And now that we have mounts, why not?

Attachments:

in Lore

ugrakarma.9416

If writers find this a “plot fail” it would not be difficult to fill this with some history about nomad merchants acquiring things on the “black market.” It’s the kind of typical history that fits desert societies.

Black Market – Set up black market world trade routes with enemies. All resources received from the route are stolen from the enemy’s stockpile. http://empireearth.wikia.com/wiki/Middle-Eastern/Bonuses_and_Unique_Units

In fact, it’s the last of the elite specs that should have a desert origin.

the holosmith is our Anakin Skywalker.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatooine

in Lore

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I’ve already put down my reasons for thinking that holosmiths were at least beginning five years ago.

As for the Whispers… the asura gate is speculation. We’ve had this argument in the past, so suffice it to say that I’m not convinced the Order has been able to physically travel to Elona. What we do know, though, is that the Whispers have stayed in touch with the resistance against Joko. We also know from the demo that said resistance has been able to help a great number of refugees to flee Joko’s domain, reportedly even including the odd Sunspear. Wall or no, Elona hasn’t been able to stop the escapees, and I don’t believe for a second that an organization like the Order would keep tabs on the far side of the wall and completely fail to check in with the near side. If they do maintain a physical presence, that’s all the more reason- surely if average citizens are able to succeed, the Whispers can too?

And then there’s the Order of Shadows. Both the name and the dress are strikingly similar. While we don’t have any lore on them as yet (that I’ve seen), even their mechanical role is similar to what the Order did in Elona. It was their task to defend the nation against magical and supernatural threats, and here we have a group who is named like them, dressed like them, and arranging the deaths of menaces unbalanced by the surge in magic.

As for the maps, I don’t believe for a minute that the Whispers would tip their hands by keeping Lion’s Arch cartographers in the loop.

The Order of Whispers originated in Elona. They’d have contacts with the old Chantry of Secrets and Elona if anyone would.

Further, we know from the description of the Spellbreaker that Palawa Joko won and broke the Sunspears.

It stands to reason that the Order of Whispers fell in Elona and was replaced by the Order of Shadows.

Mesmerising Girl

in Lore

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

I had hoped that it was reverse-engineering of Aetherblade/Moto and Ellie tech.
It made a lot more sense seeing that we had some “Prime” examples of its use.

in Lore

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

It’s almost surprising that it took this long to figure it out. Isn’t the Crystal Desert made entirely of sand grain sized crystals? And a desert? The place is literally nothing but sun and crystals and it took zephyrites to actually do something useful with it.

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Most crystals need to be of significant size to really do much in terms of magic. The Mirage and Holosmith have changed this a bit by utilizing the sand – Snaff was the first notable asura to attempt something similar, with his golem Sandy.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

The Zephyrites are taking advantage ( rather cynically ) of Glint’s power that was infused into the Crystal Desert when she was destroyed.

Our new dragon friend Aurene may become a significant factor in Elona. She is Glint’s scion.

Mesmerising Girl

in Lore

Posted by: miriforst.1290

miriforst.1290

Regarding the plausibility of its origins.

If everyone is okay with charr going from a shamanistic isolationist barbarian race living in huts to building guns, artillery, tanks, helicopters and submarines etc. Then i’m okay with elonians developing holotech in the same timespan given that they were already building both magical and non magical artillery and suchlike at the time of gw1. And it is also worth mentioning that the charr (or asura) did not “invent” engineers as people who solve practical problems (not problems like “what is beauty?” because would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy), they invented the playable class engineer. We had npcs specifically named engineers in kourna for one, and secondly its hard to say who invented people who invent technical solutions to things.

the miracle isn’t that elonians came up with holotech, its that krytans went fully medieval for 250 years while fighting an enemy rolling around in tanks and trading with allies stomping around in exosuits and programming robots.

While it is a relief to take a break from the massive planets of the hats that is invariably present as soon as you implement more sentient species in a fantasy setting there is one thing making this feel shoehorned. There simply aren’t any sign of the holosmiths in the maps other than one npc (as far as i could tell). Show us some holographic wonders in the city, let us stumble into workshops and so on. Finding just one holosmith hanging around under a tree makes the shoehorning apparent while it can easily work by just implementing a few props here and there (for example those holographic workbenches you got on the Lilly of Elon).

Sorry for my usual butchering of grammar and improper use of english.