How did 99% of the Mursaat Die?

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Seems so. Almost all of their racial magic (read: magical stuff that isn’t used by all) are outright stated to be or hinted to be dealing with souls.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

Could that be a possible reason why the Titans hate the Mursaat? Or perhaps some relation to Abaddon?

The Mursaat effectively use soul/spirit charged magic and slip in and out of the Spirit Realm(?), Titans are effectively highly twisted souls. Seems like a bit of a connection.

This also kind of makes me think about Abaddon and the Mursaat. We know that Vizier Khilbron was basically tricked by Abaddon. We know that he had a statue of the Mursaat in his tower that appeared to have been slashed at in anger. We also know that the Charr attacked the three human nations because of the Titans and thus Abaddon, which in turn drew the Mursaat out and gave them power, but also brought them to the fore, potentially exposing them

We know the Titans are largely from the Foundry of Failed Creations in the Realm of Torment and largely controlled by Abaddon. The Door of Komalie is built inside Abaddon’s Mouth.

I can’t help but think maybe Abaddon had it in for the Mursaat? I know it’s just wild speculate but it does seem to add up a little

noice

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

I can’t help but think maybe Abaddon had it in for the Mursaat? I know it’s just wild speculate but it does seem to add up a little

It could also be the other way around- perhaps the mursaat had it in for Abaddon. There’s been a lot of speculation about why, exactly, they let themselves be lured out of hiding where they were so vulnerable, and most of it revolves around them being tricked or conned and not knowing what all was on the table, but here’s a thought born of being up far too late with far too much tea: what if it was because they knew more than we did, or do? What if their reason for sealing the Door of Komalie wasn’t just to stave off Glint’s Flameseeker Prophecies, but the much larger specter of Nightfall? We know there were prophecies pointing to it, too, that they might have gotten ahold of. Maybe their retreat periodically required magic or something else from Tyria that Nightfall would’ve cut off, or maybe their sanctuary was threatened directly, either by Nightfall reaching farther through the Mists than we know, or by demons and titans and other reality-hopping monstrosities spreading unchecked?

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.