How did Mord know the World Summit?

in Lore

Posted by: Slowpokeking.8720

Slowpokeking.8720

In the end of the quest PC was suspecting there was a traitor, or could it be the link between Mord and the Pale Tree?

in Lore

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Why do you think that the Pale Tree and Mordy have a connection.?

in Lore

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

Probably another shoehorned Sylvari character turned “evil” told him.

But seriously, if any more Sylvari characters ram themselves in my face this season, im going on a rampage, if its not Trahearne, its Scarlet, then if its not Scarlet, its Aerin, thank god we killed him quickly.

in Lore

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

It could be anyone. It could be anyone important from any nation and there are plenty of dodgy types in the Arcane Council, Ministry, and so on. Other random people seemed to turn up like the Quaggans. The orders and the Pact must have known. It’s even possible that the minor races got invites as well but didn’t attend.

As usual though we’ve got to go with the clue in game rather than any omission. Trahearne said it had to be someone with a very dark heart so that’s likely to be how it was (even though I don’t see any evidence for that yet).

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

As usual though we’ve got to go with the clue in game rather than any omission. Trahearne said it had to be someone with a very dark heart so that’s likely to be how it was (even though I don’t see any evidence for that yet).

I’m stilling crossing my fingers and hoping it’s Faolain.

in Lore

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Or maybe he didn’t know because I still fail to see any reason why he should give a kitten and simply attacked because the Pale Tree seems to be full of magic.

in Lore

Posted by: Rukh.9287

Rukh.9287

People speculate a spy, but I have a hunch that Mordy know because his reach is far, perhaps even in to the dream and he can steal sylvari knowledge.

in Lore

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Kasmeer told him.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Plot Twist: it was us. He can see into our very minds because of our little vision with Omadd’s Machine, and we’ll be told that we cannot participate in the final battle with Mordremoth once we find out. So he’ll be dying off screen. Because Anet just can’t make that fight epic enough to play through.

A slightly more serious tone: It’ll likely be Random Sylvari We Barely Knew #24601 who did not show up at all during the summit.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Clonk.8403

Clonk.8403

The butler did it.

Nah, but I doubt it was Mordremoth himself, or itself, who planned this attack. If a group of ants are congregating on a hill, they are still just ants. It is how I think an Elder Dragon views the lesser races as they mill about Tyria. If its Queen Jennah or some random foot soldier getting in the way of him and his meal, it hardly matters as long as he gets to feast.

in Lore

Posted by: Corvus.1583

Corvus.1583

I actually suspect that the person that contacted Mordremoth was Phlunt. Scarlet was already proven to be working with the Inquest when she stole documents for them, and when Omadd found her he worked with her (and the machine). Omadd was also the one that convinced the Asuran Council to let Scarlet into the Colleges. Guess who is on that council? I’m pretty sure Phlunt is corrupt and is Inquest. He was amazed at Taimi’s invention, but immediately wanted to confiscate it. Taimi runs away with it and you chase her, and who shows up to try to stop her? The Inquest.

The Inquest are already infatuated with the power of the dragons, we see that across Tyria with all of their crazy experiments (and everything in and around CoE). I am not convinced they are actively working for the dragon, but likely more looking for a way to control one. They don’t want the unification of Tyria’s armies to ruin their chance at somehow harnessing Mordremoth’s power, so they attract him to the summit to try to have some of the leaders killed.

Corvus Dark, Human Thief
Leader of Tyrian Farmers Union
Tarnished Coast

(edited by Corvus.1583)

in Lore

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

It was the ministry who are working with Mordremoth trough bandits who work for the White Mantle, who came across Mordrem Corruption when looking for Mursaat artifacts to regain controll over Kryta, who then got corrupted by Mordremoth (ib4 Saul D’allesio still lives and got corrupted by Mordremoth, lol).

The ‘Champion Corrupted White Mantle’ and Minister Caudecus work together to get rid of the queen, Minister Caudecus told The ‘Champion Corrupted White Mantle’ about the summit, to not only get rid of the queen, but also to be able to kill many more world leaders (incl. the Pale Tree)

Dunno, I just think they are going to do more with the Queen and the ministry, as a big part of last patch was about it.

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

in Lore

RedStar.4218

Just out of curiosity, how do you guys envision Mordremoth learning about the Summit ?

Do you see someone walking to it and telling it ? And then Mordremoth and the traitor sit down and enjoy a nice cup of tea ?

Seeing through the mind of someone is a bit more plausible, but why would he give a kitten about reading the minds of tiny creatures like us that can so easily be killed and corrupted ?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

The Elder Dragons know all that their minions know.

If a singular Mordrem found out – pre or post corruption – then Mordremoth found out. Simple as that. They hold a hive mind and it doesn’t seem to be an proactive function but a passive one of corruption.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

RedStar.4218

Oh right. I don’t know why but I forgot about the hive mind thing.

A tiny bit off-topic : should every Soundless be banned ? The Pale Tree itself said that without her protection they are prone to corruption. So keeping them around isn’t really a good idea.

in Lore

Stooperdale.3560

Yes exactly, what about the Soundless, what about the Nightmare Court? A massive omission from the story so far is someone (our character) asking an expert (the Pale Tree) about the Soundless and the Nightmare Court and Mordremoth. We can only speculate.

in Lore

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

caithe did it /15char

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in Lore

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

The butler did it.

Nah, but I doubt it was Mordremoth himself, or itself, who planned this attack. If a group of ants are congregating on a hill, they are still just ants. It is how I think an Elder Dragon views the lesser races as they mill about Tyria. If its Queen Jennah or some random foot soldier getting in the way of him and his meal, it hardly matters as long as he gets to feast.

that lesser race of ants just killed one of its kind, you heard of fire ants in africa? :P

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in Lore

Posted by: Rukh.9287

Rukh.9287

Just out of curiosity, how do you guys envision Mordremoth learning about the Summit ?

Do you see someone walking to it and telling it ? And then Mordremoth and the traitor sit down and enjoy a nice cup of tea ?

Seeing through the mind of someone is a bit more plausible, but why would he give a kitten about reading the minds of tiny creatures like us that can so easily be killed and corrupted ?

To find out where the other tiny creatures are hiding and what they’re doing of course.

in Lore

Erukk.1408

Lazarus sent Mordy the time/date of the meeting using the players’ messenger pigeon system.

….The convenience always works against us in the end.

in Lore

Posted by: Tom.8029

Tom.8029

Elder Dragons know everything its minions know. And their pool of minions is vast.

Primordial Dragons [Drgn]
Fort Aspenwood Elementalist

in Lore

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I’m pretty sure he heard it through the grape vine.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in Lore

Posted by: SMichealSmith.2469

SMichealSmith.2469

You should replay the instance, and before you start talking to anyone or interacting with npc, stand near each group of ppl and listen to there private conversations, (spoiler alert) more specifically, keep an eye on Cronk. (could be saying/spelling it wrong, but if you know you lore, it would be the sylvari who was arrested during the karka invasion and then released as a work/slave whatever they call it.) might bring some interesting speculation to your minds

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Canach (how’d you get Cronk out of that?). His conversation with Anise definitely don’t give a “they’re Mordrem” kind of vibe. Anise, the head of the Shining Blade, is likely placing Canach into Fort Trinity to ensure humanity’s best interests are being kept.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, I get the impression that Anise is genuinely sending Canach there to assist the Pact, but also to be her eyes and ears in the operation. It’s basically the same game of political espionage that’s played by real world nations. You know the whole US spying scandal on various world leaders? I’m willing to bet that EVERY major nation also has their own spies in the US and elsewhere.

It’s not that the countries don’t trust their allies, but you can’t rely on them being your allies forever. Governments can change in a shockingly short amount of time; the friendly government you’ve worked with for 30 years may get voted out of power and replaced by an extreme right-wing regime all of a sudden.

in Lore

Erukk.1408

I wouldn’t be all that surprised if Anise sent Canach there to root out any unsavory elements. There is still that hanging bandit plot thread that started this whole season, and I wouldn’t put it pass the Ministers/WM to have sent some spies and/or saboteurs there.

in Lore

Stooperdale.3560

Canach (how’d you get Cronk out of that?). His conversation with Anise definitely don’t give a “they’re Mordrem” kind of vibe. Anise, the head of the Shining Blade, is likely placing Canach into Fort Trinity to ensure humanity’s best interests are being kept.

Sort of. I wouldn’t be surprised if Anise is doing something that is outside the remit of the Shining Blade.