How long?

How long?

in Lore

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

So me and my friend were trying to figure out how much time has passed between the start of the personal story, the death of Zhaitan, the rise and fall of the Karka, and then the winters day/Halloween events, like has it actually only been a few months since the start of our characters story? Or really much longer?

Thanks!

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

How long?

in Lore

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

It didn’t feel that long to me, especially the personal story itself felt like a couple of months (one must not forget that a lot was already happening before ‘we’ got into the game: the peace treaty for instance) and we were there to rally everyone to one side.

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

How long?

in Lore

Durzlla.6295

Oh yes I know this, I’m trying to figure out just how old my sylvari is (who was born at the start of my personal story) and I agree, it didn’t feel long at all, so it probably wasn’t that long especially seeing as how the karka invasion did happen POST personal story.

How long?

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Halloween, iirc, occurs in the middle of Fall. Wintersday occurs during the Spring Solstice (Tyrian New Year is effectively the same as our March 20th). So that would be roughly 1/3 of the year between them.

Between Zhaitan’s defeat and the karka event is a harder question. You can bet that Zhaitan fell before Thorn’s return, and the karka arrived after Thorn – it’s unlikely to be another case, imo.

The personal story, to me, seems to take place in spring/summer for the most part – timewise, we know that from the step “Forging the Pact” to the step “The Source of Orr” (completing that step, that is) is called a “few weeks.”

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

How long?

in Lore

Durzlla.6295

So almost a year?

How long?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

From beginning of personal story to Wintersday, I’d say a few weeks short of a year. But this is rather speculative still.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

How long?

in Lore

Posted by: Son of Elias.5420

Son of Elias.5420

To a degree, it also depends on which personal story you had – for the first part of it, at least. I know some involve more traveling than the others, and some involve a series of events that would logically take place over days instead of weeks or months (while some are the reverse).

But once we get to the Pact and the unified storyline, it seems to only be a couple weeks.

“A man who trusts everyone is a fool.
And a man who trusts no one is a fool.
We are all fools, if we live long enough.”

How long?

in Lore

Durzlla.6295

To a degree, it also depends on which personal story you had – for the first part of it, at least. I know some involve more traveling than the others, and some involve a series of events that would logically take place over days instead of weeks or months (while some are the reverse).

But once we get to the Pact and the unified storyline, it seems to only be a couple weeks.

Yeah, i think the Sylvari one is pretty quick, i pretty much came out of the pod and they were like “get to work!!” and it was pretty boom,boom, boom,after that.

How long?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Sylvari and human storylines both feel fast paced, while norn feels slower (the revenge storyline is known to take a couple weeks iirc…). The charr and asura – some are faster feeling while others are slower feeling.

But they may all take the same amount of time. There is urgency presented in each storyline (to varying degrees), so it’s likely something that would be taken care of asap.

Dear ANet writers,

How long?

in Lore

Posted by: Lite Ning Girl.7958

Lite Ning Girl.7958

I think I read somewhere that Zhaitan’s defeat is before the karka event because we don’t see any risen karka.

How long?

in Lore

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

Shrieksy the Raptor is born at the beginning of the Asura story, and is fully grown by the time you reach Orr. So how quickly do raptors grow?

That would be a scale for the story at least.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]