How strong are the clockwork soldiers?

in Lore

Posted by: Simplicity.7208

Simplicity.7208

If we’re just going based on their mechanics…then based on those legendary clockwork soldiers in the Queen’s Pavilion, it’s safe to say the Queen has an army of mass produced soldiers that are 100% loyal and stronger than an elder dragon.

That can’t be the truth, so I want to know what the lore says. I put them on a similar level to golems, but powered up with mesmer magic.

in Lore

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Stronger than an elder dragon? No. Not even remotely close. Some of them are pretty tough, sure. Certainly more powerful than asuran golems from what I’ve seen. But I wouldn’t even put them on the same level of the Shatterer or Jormag’s Claw, let alone the Elder Dragons themselves.

Far from 100% loyal if the Aetherblades can take control of them so easily. That’s a pretty huge flaw in the design.

Likely not mass produced as we see no factory to build them, and human technology has always been based around individual craftsmen and artisans. They haven’t mastered industry on a large scale yet. Jennah has likely been having these built one by one for a very long time, or has hundreds of engineers working diligently somewhere.

in Lore

Posted by: Simplicity.7208

Simplicity.7208

Stronger than an elder dragon? No. Not even remotely close. Some of them are pretty tough, sure. Certainly more powerful than asuran golems from what I’ve seen. But I wouldn’t even put them on the same level of the Shatterer or Jormag’s Claw, let alone the Elder Dragons themselves.

Far from 100% loyal if the Aetherblades can take control of them so easily. That’s a pretty huge flaw in the design.

Likely not mass produced as we see no factory to build them, and human technology has always been based around individual craftsmen and artisans. They haven’t mastered industry on a large scale yet. Jennah has likely been having these built one by one for a very long time, or has hundreds of engineers working diligently somewhere.

Based on mechanics, the shatterer & the claw are both stronger than zhaitan. Zhaitan = dead by 5 players. Shatterer, claw, & clockwork legendaries = zerg fights of 50 players. They’re at least 10 times stronger.

Good point with the loyalty thing. Those Asura…always doing their own thing lol.

Usually there’s zerg(s) in the Pavilion, they get about 100 kills per 10 minutes. Usually there’s two zergs…so 200 kills per 10 minutes…on 51 servers + 5ish overflow servers…11,200 kills per 10 minutes. You mean to tell me the humans cannot mass produce these things, they’re individually crafted, and yet they can produce one every 0.05 seconds? If that’s not mass production, I don’t know what is. Even if we’re assuming the worlds are separate, 200 kills in 10 minutes leaves an average production time of 3 seconds. I guess another possibility would be that you’re not actually killing them and the humans have mastered the craft of the self-repairing, infinite-life span soldier…in which case I ask again; how strong are these things?

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I agree fully with what Ehecarl said on this.

Mechanics don’t mean kitten in lore – to put it bluntly. Servers are mechanics too – those things don’t exist in lore. At best they’re alternate dimensions, so the amount of x things in Universe 1 is irrelevant to the number of x things in Universe A. Same for Overflow servers.

And keep in mind that they likely repair the Watchknights and had a large amount built beforehand. Heck, the existence of zergs can be considered more mechanical than lore as well anyways, as can respawn rates and player kill rates. But it’s a fact that human technology is focused around individual craftsmanship – it’s the charr who go towards the direction of mass engineering. So unless Jennah made a commission from the charr to create the Watchknights, those things weren’t built on an assembly line (also: your numbers would be impossible even for a charr assembly line).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

Based on mechanics, the shatterer & the claw are both stronger than zhaitan. Zhaitan = dead by 5 players. Shatterer, claw, & clockwork legendaries = zerg fights of 50 players. They’re at least 10 times stronger.

Good point with the loyalty thing. Those Asura…always doing their own thing lol.

Usually there’s zerg(s) in the Pavilion, they get about 100 kills per 10 minutes. Usually there’s two zergs…so 200 kills per 10 minutes…on 51 servers + 5ish overflow servers…11,200 kills per 10 minutes. You mean to tell me the humans cannot mass produce these things, they’re individually crafted, and yet they can produce one every 0.05 seconds? If that’s not mass production, I don’t know what is. Even if we’re assuming the worlds are separate, 200 kills in 10 minutes leaves an average production time of 3 seconds. I guess another possibility would be that you’re not actually killing them and the humans have mastered the craft of the self-repairing, infinite-life span soldier…in which case I ask again; how strong are these things?

zhietan where starving(or should be from dening food to him) lore wise zhietan > elder dragon champion > clockwork knight.

the respawn rate is so the zone will not be emphty very long and has nothing with the production to do and defendly not over all the servers;)

looking at the fight with loggan and the clockwork is proberly the best at showing how strong they can be(given they fight toe to toe)

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

in Lore

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

Against Zhaitan, we heavily armed airships with big guns, Destiny’s Edge, and five by then practically legendary heroes against a starved, cornered dragon. When these things are taken into consideration, Zhaitan comes out stronger.

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

in Lore

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

i’d say they’re akin to an autonomous siege golem: no advanced artificial intelligence like we see in golems, but much stronger and more resilient than your standard golem.

they’re much slimmer too, though you could argue that different watchwork models would be used for different tiers of enemies. the one we’re presented in the story cutscene could be a veteran level enemy (though the fight with logan reduced its health pool, making it simpler to represent as a common tier enemy), and the ones used for champions and legendaries could be more expensive and use different specs (maybe not even be humanoid, it’s not like we can see their shape once we kill them, not with that many players around :P)

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Another possibility is that the veteran-level Watchknights are representative of what they’re capable of on their own – tougher than common soldiers, but not as tough as heroes such as the PCs. The champion- and legendary-level ones, however, are possibly being empowered by a powerful spellcaster or team of spellcasters in Jennah’s employ to display the power they do – what we’re fighting is essentially a big pile of mesmeric and possibly other magic which is attached to the Watchknight, with nothing special about the Watchknight in particular except that it’s the one that the team of spellcasters powering it is focusing on.

If so, and if it doesn’t require special circumstances (such as being in the Pavilion) it could still be a tremendous tactical advantage to be able to generate a legendary-level entity anywhere along the battle line, but it wouldn’t be possible to field an army of Liandris.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Lore

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

Another possibility is that the veteran-level Watchknights are representative of what they’re capable of on their own – tougher than common soldiers, but not as tough as heroes such as the PCs. The champion- and legendary-level ones, however, are possibly being empowered by a powerful spellcaster or team of spellcasters in Jennah’s employ to display the power they do – what we’re fighting is essentially a big pile of mesmeric and possibly other magic which is attached to the Watchknight, with nothing special about the Watchknight in particular except that it’s the one that the team of spellcasters powering it is focusing on.

If so, and if it doesn’t require special circumstances (such as being in the Pavilion) it could still be a tremendous tactical advantage to be able to generate a legendary-level entity anywhere along the battle line, but it wouldn’t be possible to field an army of Liandris.

i was under the impression that the gauntlet combatants were actually themselves, not just watchknights. sort of a pokemon league, you’d have to progress through the top fighters the queen has found to claim the title of champion of the gauntlet (if only the title actually existed in game >.>)

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell