Human max Age

Human max Age

in Lore

Posted by: Evilberus.6398

Evilberus.6398

Q:

Hello.
I’ve got question about humat max age in Tyria. I had found an information that the oldest man was King Doric that dies in age of 120.
Is there aby posibility that human can be antique an live longer than usual?

Human max Age

in Lore

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Livia is, afaik, the oldest human, being several centuries old. She even still looked young. Though It’s not known how she achieved this.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Livia

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Human max Age

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

It was never fully explored, but there was some dialogue about Magi Malaquire that lead to speculation that he could be incredibly old as well. He refers to players as mortals, seemingly different to himself, and also mentions something revolving around the sound of battle reminding him of Doric’s trek to Arah. He isn’t in Guild Wars 2, but he “might” be an example of one of the oldest living humans.

Human max Age

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

To expand on Narcemus’ answer, Malaquire’s hint suggests he was at least 1,084 years old when we last saw him. Similarly, Livia was at least 198 when she appeared in SoS. If she’s still alive today, that goes up to 272. We don’t know for sure how old Doric was when he died, but given the Scriptures of Dwayna, I’d say he was at least 130.

Those are all extraordinary cases, though. The longest-lived human we find a gravestone for in GW2 was about 95 when they died, and most of the ones who seemed to die of old age were in their 80s.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

(edited by Aaron Ansari.1604)

Human max Age

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

It should be noted that we don’t know how old King Doric was when he died in 1 BE/Year 0. Just that he was alive in 115 BE as well. Given he was not a kid, that would put him at least 130 years old roughly, but perhaps more likely to be 135-140.

All royalty, however, seems to have longer lives. We were told that asura live 5-10% longer than humans and “exceptional” lifespans for asura being 120. That would place exceptional lifespans for humans to be about 110. Average lifespans being 80s (going to Aaron’s numbers) fall in line with this.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.