I, for one will be missing Scarlet.

in Lore

Posted by: Elesh.6192

Elesh.6192

20/10.

Shaky introduction, and I will admit that my non-literal love for her has developed over time. Now I find myself fondly looking back at the time she was formally introduced in Divinity’s Reach, her chilling 12 seconds “Theme”, and the developement her behaviour and actions had taken from there. Her short story, as I suspected, contained all the answers from the very start – it was simply a matter of deciphering and understanding, as a good story should be.

I do not like my characters pointed with a marker too clearly.

Contrary to what most may say, and this coming from a very avid lore shark, Scarlet has been the most interesting antagonist I had seen in a long, long time, waking ranges of emotions that go from wicked giggling to actual sorrow for her fate, and how -actually- dramatic her character had been from the very start, hiding under the veil of lunacy and prankster-y while struggling with her own sanity.

I also loved the narrative route taken, where opposing to multiple stories, the “reader” only knows as much as our characters do. Kudos for not feeding us every bit of information right from the start – I really appreciated that.

I’ll remember Scarlet, that is for sure.

Good job Anet, and rest in peace, Scarlet.

in Lore

Posted by: Neek.9531

Neek.9531

Completely agree, though I hated her back when she was in WvW shouting “DIE DIE DIE” over and over, she quickly grew on to me when I read her journal. I felt pity for Ceara for she only sought to acquire knowledge of the universe and how it works. But she payed the ultimate price for it.

[DI] Main Elementalist: Zepdo, Alts: Warrior, Mesmer,Thief.

in Lore

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

I think Arena Net did a pretty good job at making the community / heroes (MC) be angry at Scarlet Briar. I believe that they made her extremely obnoxious on purpose. Almost everybody hated her. That hatred built up to having the urge to murder her coldblooded. Since you (we) are the main characters / heroes, we supposed to scorn our villains.

in Lore

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Don’t worry. If you miss her, there’s always the TA Aetherpath.

in Lore

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

Have to admit, she kinda grew on me too. If not for that little bit of inprobable info about passing the 3 asura colleges as a sylvari, i think even her introduction wouldnt have been that bad.

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Yeah, I mostly climbed on the Scarlet-love-wagon when everyone else was climbing on the Scarlet-hate-wagon.

in Lore

Posted by: Sime.3681

Sime.3681

I will also miss her! I really liked her, I was always curious what new she will do..
Even if there is lots of people who donĀ“t like her, there is also lots of people who LIKE her

But, the negative side is always seen more..

Thanks Anet, for Scarlet, for LS, for GW2! I love all of them!

in Lore

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

I never hated Scarlet from the beginning. She reminded me of a mix between Harley Quinn and Kefka, who I didn’t really mind either. I actually felt sad and a bit sorry for her by the end.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

in Lore

Posted by: Vyko.6953

Vyko.6953

I was thinking about her in my work, seems like I will miss her too! and I never hated her like many hater-sheeps..she was quite cool, especially the voice acting. Now we can look forward Mordremoth:)) honestly I can wait..

#ELEtism

in Lore

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

Hopefully she comes back as a zombie plant minion of Modremoth.

#Rurikstyle

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

in Lore

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Don’t worry. If you miss her, there’s always the TA Aetherpath.

It’s too sad now.

in Lore

Posted by: Heraldusluminare.2946

Heraldusluminare.2946

I have mixed feelings about Scarlet. For a very long time, her character seemed flat and boring, and I didn’t really understand her motivations and feelings behind her actions. Towards the end however, I felt that ANet was beginning to give players a taste of Scarlet’s inner fears and desires.

And then she died.

I guess we’ll never know more about Scarlet now. /cry

in Lore

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

She doesn’t have to be totally gone, she can be brought up, we can find new things about her, even half finish plans can be picked up by other characters.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

in Lore

Posted by: Nana.1506

Nana.1506

Yes!!! I thought that I was the only one who actually loved Scarlet. I loved her from the very beginning and I am so sad that it ended the way it ended. Well yall are welcome to join my guild “Scarlet Briar” if you ever want to just pm me and ill invite ya

in Lore

Posted by: Ryan.2758

Ryan.2758

I hated her character at first. She seemed flat and lifeless, and was just a boring concept overall.

Towards the end however, they greatly improved her, and with the marionette easter eggs I can say I hopped on the Scarlet band wagon.

While our time with improved Scarlet was short, I’ll gladly remember these last few updates.

in Lore

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

No. Not now not ever.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Lore

Posted by: Merlot.8567

Merlot.8567

I, like many others, absolutely loathed Scarlet’s character. I admit I started to feel something towards Scarlet when I read her journal. Learning about Ceara humanized her and, for the first time, the seemingly “mary-sue lunatic” finally became understandable and I could sympathize with the character.
Her death was almost bittersweet. I felt bad for Ceara mostly. Whilst Scarlet was a monster, Ceara was just a brilliant and innocent Sylvari.

My critical opinion of Scarlet is similar to the OP’s in that:
a) she wasn’t introduced very well and the initial hatred of her was very warranted
a.1.) although maybe this was intended, to make her a deplorable character from
the get go and introducing a lot of mystery into the character.
b) withholding information regarding Scarlet and her intentions was well done. The mystery and intrigue really helped her character/the LS.
c) Scarlet was humanized very well through the diaries and NPC interaction (Caithe (TA), The Pale Mother, Vorp, DE 2.0 etc). Good use of character development in an interactive narrative.

Overall, very surprised I ended up liking Scarlet. Nevertheless, may she rot in peace on the compost heap.

Do not let the GW2 forums become the new Tumblr!

in Lore

Posted by: bears.4719

bears.4719

Would have wanted to plant her in my garden.
On a serious note i fell in love with her laugh. I would have given her a chance for redemption, everyone deserves it, this choice was not given to me and i am a bit sad.

(edited by bears.4719)

in Lore

Posted by: Kokochu.3974

Kokochu.3974

So will I… not a fan of her initial implementation, but she quickly grew as one of my favourite characters, if not the favourite.

I sincerely hope there’s more to this arc than what it seems, and that even though we sadly can’t hear her complete story from herself anymore, Arenanet does a good job at narrating it over the next chapter.

While for one having her imprisioned would seem uhh personally due to her seemingly getting her way out of everything, killing her off felt like a waste of further developement and how it happened seemed sort of off character to me. I really didn’t want to do it!

Time will tell, I can only keep my hopes up and miss this roller coaster villain

(edited by Kokochu.3974)

in Lore

Posted by: Asukai.4507

Asukai.4507

Scarlet as a zombie plant I can see that maybe her Twisted Marionette can replace the LA lion Statue in LA? I’m only joking lol I guess she was annoying at first but in the end I almost felt sad for her ‘almost’ she was just a Sylvari who wanted freedom and ended up in her own twisted nightmare but I wonder how the next villain is going to be?

in Lore

Posted by: Avatar Rage.4369

I am going tot go with the whole, “all good things must come to an end” cliche. I like here, she was a pretty fun antagonist, even though people turned against her quickly.

Here to is the next enemy we will face in the Living story

in Lore

Posted by: Thiagugu.9682

Thiagugu.9682

R.I.P
Scarlet Briar

Attachments:

“Don’t be discouraged, darling. You can’t help being inferior.”

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

I personally liked her from beginning to end. Though, I do admit I can understand why people might not have liked her at the beginning. It was a really rocky roll out. Let’s just hope they live and learn.

I’m just hoping that the next LS villain is going to be more mystical. Season One had more than enough technology marvels to last a good long while. It would be nice for the storyline to go back to actual magic for awhile. This is a fantasy universe after all.

(edited by Erukk.1408)