Ideal Kill Order for the next 4 Dragons

in Lore

Posted by: Slowpokeking.8720

Slowpokeking.8720

I think the Mordremoth story suffered a lot from the rushing plot because it was a totally brand new dragon. I don’t want DSD to show up as the next one. Jormag or Kralkatorrik would be the best choice next. I also hope we can see the dragon’s interaction against each other rather than just focus on one each time.

Jormag-Kralkatorrik-DSD+Primordus I think

in Lore

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

no because it’s been proven that dragons are linked in pairs (Zhaitan Mordy, Primordus, Jormag, Bubs, Kralk), if Kralk is one of the next two then bubs has to be next, and he’s probably last…

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

in Lore

Slowpokeking.8720

no because it’s been proven that dragons are linked in pairs (Zhaitan Mordy, Primordus, Jormag, Bubs, Kralk), if Kralk is one of the next two then bubs has to be next, and he’s probably last…

I want to face Jormag next, among the remaining four, it was the most active dragon and a lot of the areas or even personal stories were about fighting its minions.

in Lore

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

I want to face Jormag next, among the remaining four, it was the most active dragon and a lot of the areas or even personal stories were about fighting its minions.

I completely agree

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

@Slowpokeking: Mordremoth’s plot suffered because they tried to make him unique, did not fulfill his potential for all the lead-ins they created, and rushed the main plot. They literally created a hundred bridges and used two – and not even fully at that, they began going down one bridge then they jumped over and went down another.

Mordremoth’s plot also sucked because they performed an obvious catering to the super-vocal minority of the GW2 community (“I wanna lead the Pact!” – done; “I wanna kill Trahearne!” – done; “I should have gotten saladbowl!” – done).

They can do this to any dragon and given the current writing team, where they have bad writers who know the plot and new writers who apparently don’t (if Leah Hoyer truly knew the lore then I doubt she would have written that blog post to make the Mordrem Guard sound so frightening due to uniqueness when _+EVERYTHING_+ that was presented – both in the story and in the blog – as why they’re so frightening THE RISEN HAD ALREADY DONE TENFOLD!), chances are the other dragons will suffer just as much.

IMO, the only way they can salvage the game’s story and lore at this point is by finding someone who knows the lore and knows how to write from the GW2 community.

This is still pure speculation. Zhaitan and Mordremoth were on opposite ends of The All, but nothing makes them “in pairs”.

Further, there’s no way to know that, should such pairing exist, that the opposites would be “the tops, the mids, the bottoms” or "complete opposite (e.g., middle to middle, top left to bottom right, and top right to bottom left).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Eirdyne.9843

Eirdyne.9843

At this point I think we need to see the Dragon Story just stop. These things are about as dangerous as hyperactive puppies.

in Lore

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

Jormag-Kralkatorrik-DSD+Primordus I think

This is probably how I would like to see the order go.

An angry and vengeful Braham confronts the Fang of Jormag and manages to chip off a millimeter sized chunk. This somehow inspires the team to hunt down Jormag. I’ve love to see the Far Shiverpeaks again and the area surrounding the Eye of the North. One problem here is that a lot of the Far Shiverpeaks was turned into a giant lake. With Anet moving away from underwater combat this might make them shy away from this area.

So after my Asura builds the Jormag-Kill-o-Golem and saves the day then maybe Glint’s Egg hatches and tells us to go after Kralkatorrik. I’d love to see what has become of the Crystal Desert and with the minions of Kralkatorrik and maybe the minions of Joko hanging around, it would be an exciting place to visit. The problem here though…killing Kralkatorrik would remove some of the excuse as to why we can’t go to Elona. But they can just say Joko’s army is too powerful and move on…I guess.

After that we find out that the Deep Sea Dragon is killed by…er…Baby Glint I suppose. Anything to avoid more underwater zones.

Finally, Primordus has to be the final final boss. Too many potential fun things to name here. Revisiting the Depths of Tyria and the Central Transfer Chamber. Running into a couple of Stone Dwarves deeeep underground. Maybe some Easter eggs giving some hints at what happened to some GW1 heroes and if they knew/challenged Primordus. My characters will channel the power of the deceased GW1 heroes and cast the most powerful of magics to defeat him! The GW1 version of Pain Inverter!

in Lore

Slowpokeking.8720

@Slowpokeking: Mordremoth’s plot suffered because they tried to make him unique, did not fulfill his potential for all the lead-ins they created, and rushed the main plot. They literally created a hundred bridges and used two – and not even fully at that, they began going down one bridge then they jumped over and went down another.

Too much useless research+pointless egg and exalted.

in Lore

Posted by: Mara.6782

Mara.6782

1. Kralkatorrik because of the egg. 2. Primordus, asuras in rata novus studied destroyers maybe they found something useful before they escaped. 3. Jormag, was hinted to maybe kill it next after killing Zhaitan in personal story and finally 4. DSD. last because there is not much influence yet. Inquest have one minion. Could make it escape and getting DSD’s attension. Then there is blue orb not sure if dsd related.

in Lore

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Ideal Kill order:

Kralkatorrik > Deep Sea Dragon > Jormag > Primordus:

This is how I see the Story continue:

While Taimi is in Rata Novus, finding out new Technologies and all that stuff, that lies there hidden, that could help again the Elder Dragons, the Pact ,the Commander ect. celebrate first the defeat of Mordremoth and regenerate forces as good as possible for some time, that is also given everyone to bury the dead, if they didn’t got already burned to prevent Mordremoth from turning the corspes into Mordrem Guards.

Some time will pass…
Taimi will return to the others to explain what she found out all, giving you some new clues where to go next ect,. telling the player also, that Rata Novus had a famous person that helped to build it up and protect it meanwhile that should be very well known for humans, letting the focus of the next story part shift over from a Sylvari Focus over now to a Human Lore Focus.

Taimi will tell everybody, that a mighty Necromancer called Livia, the known wielder of the Scepter of Orr was one of the earlier overseers that watched over Rata Novus being builded up – reasons unknown.
So the new task is to search for Livia, as her current whereabouts are also completely unknown.

After finding Livia in a new explorable map that is one we know from GW1 – the Tarnished Coast, we fight there for the very first time agaisnt some kind of never seen before new Dragon Minions, which are declared to be the Minions of the Deep Sea Dragon, which invaded and overrun that place coming from the sea as the Scepter of Orr is one of Tyrias most powerful magical artefacts and the deep sea dragon is hungry for it and desperately wants it, has he knows, that the Scepter is the only magicakl artefect in Tyria also thats powerful enough to manipulate the sea in a way that the deep sea dragon becomes alot more vulnerable to attacks, so he naturally wants to consume it, before it can be used in a dangerous way against him as the scepter of orr is able to move massive amounts of land, it was already respsonsible for the sinking and rising or orr, so it can manipulate land also to be used against the elder dragon’s weakness, which is being outside of water naturally.

From Livia we get to learn also the complete new name of the Deep Sea Dragon that starts with S…, hearing it out of her mouth fior the first time, as she will teach us also more about him and what she learned about him so far and their minions and that her goals are to travel all across Tyria to collect more ancient magical artefacts of power that enable her to empower the Scepter of Orr so that it receives its ancient lost powers back that it once had to be able with it to weaken the deep sea dragon with it in such a way, that he should become alot easier to defeat, stopping his ability to move so that he can’t free from any confrontation by denying him access completely to his superior element of life around him, which is water.

However, to receive the next artifact of power that she needs, she must travel into the realm of Kralkatorrik first, making literally him the next Elder Dragon that needs to be defeated first. Livia on return will learn from you, that you are the Protector of Glints Legacy, her Egg, which makes her offer you her alliance with you, making Livia part of your group for a while as replacement for Marjory, which is doing something on her own now for a while together with Kasmeer as also Braham starts continuing his story somewhere else now, going for Jormag, preparign things there for you, until the time has come when you -the player arrive in the Far Northern Shiverpeaks to meep up for the Reunion with him as he will meanwhile join the Dragonhunters, becoming their Leader there, helping them out…

Canach returns to the Grove together with Caithe to go look for the Pale Tree helping the other left over firstborns to bring back order there, now where the practically voice of the Sylvari Race isn’t anymore, that stood for them the Sylvari race has to reorder their society from scratch and do alot of diplomacy work now with all of the other races to show all others, that they are still worthy to be part of the pact and so on and so forth, while discovering also new infos about the whereabouts of another plae tree and Malyck showing up at the Pale Mother Avatar causing confusion there that Canach and Caithe have to clear up, seeking for your help.

Rytlock and Rox return to the Black Citadel , makign also already preparations to go for Kralkatorrik next and to make sure, that there is nothign else in Ascalon, that disturbs this plan, Rytlock finally completes, what he tried to do earlier, now successfully as a rervenant with his new powers the ritual to liberate the Ghosts of Ascalon from their eternal curse, so that the Charr have one big problem lesser that hinders them to go for Kralkatorrik

Livia will help you getting everythign together meanwhile that you need for a ritual to let the Dragon Egg in Tarir hatch, so that you can bring Glints Child to the Crystal Cave, his place of birth in the near of the Tombs of the Primeval Kings in the Crystal Desert, where it can grow to become a powerful ally for later once kralkatorrik has been defeated. So you and Livia share some common goals as you both agree to help out each other.
However, Livia will later die, being burnt to ashes by an attack of a new unknown Champion of Kralkatorrik while trying to defend Glints Egg at the ritual to make the egg hatch finally, letting you, the player become the new owner and wielder of the Scepter of Orr, which you will need later, having to coplete the task that Livia started collecting more artefacts of Power all over tyria to make the Scepter powerful enough again, so that oyu can go against the Deep Sea Dragon with its help in the future.

Thats the stuff I think where Season 3 and 4 will go into, buiding up the story around Kralkatrorrik and the Deep Sea Dragon, letting us ultimately fight againstt Kralkatorrik first as we need first to return the ancient powers to the Scepter of Orr to have a weapon againt the Deep Sea Dragon with that we are able to confront it

4 new Maps over the course of Season 3 and 4

• Tarnished Coast
  • Dunes of Despair
  • Amnoon Oasis
  • Desolated Steppes
Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Jormag will be next. I have an undeniable fact proving it:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arctic_Explorer_Outfit

How is this undeniable? Simple: re-used assets.

Now, you might go to say “but wait, we have the desert borderlands, maguuma jungle, and the Forgotten stuff from HoT! How are those not re-usable assets for the crystal desert?”

Well, true that may be, but there’s one thing you’d overlook if you said that:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jungle_Explorer_Outfit

How is this relevant? Simple. Got a guild hall? Yes? Good, go visit it. I’ll wait.

Did you notice what the NPCs wear? That’s right! Jungle Explorer Outfits.

Explorer Outfits = guild hall NPC apparel.

So they’re prepping for an arctic (aka Far Shiverpeaks) guild hall! The only place we got guild halls was in expansion territory, with every feature requiring HoT ownership except access to the hall. So they won’t be adding any halls for the core gamers (sad, I know, but true).

Now, why would the guild hall NPC apparel override all these other assets, you may ask? Simple, again!

Gemstore determines all.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Doug Whisper.2465

Doug Whisper.2465

If game play first and story second principle holds true, Jormag will be the next dragon for players to deal with. Players hate underwater combat and found underground tangled depth map confusing. Instead, players enjoy gliding a lot. To explore the game play or even combat elements around gliding in the mountain range is a logical conclusion.

in Lore

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

Mordremoth’s plot also sucked because they performed an obvious catering to the super-vocal minority of the GW2 community (“I wanna lead the Pact!” – done; “I wanna kill Trahearne!” – done; “I should have gotten saladbowl!” – done).

About Traeharne: everyone I knew in RL who played this game hated Traeharne. All my guildies hated Traeharne. I hated Traeharne. A lot of people who posted on the forums hated Traeharne. We all had different reasons, save that the focus was: “He stole my spotlight.”

Don’t lie to yourself and say that he didn’t steal your spotlight in the PS. At the beginning of the PS, your character says: “This is my story.” And then at the end, it becomes Traeharne’s story.

I really do not believe you at all when you say it’s a “vocal minority” that wanted the spotlight when the story is supposed to be about YOU. Your character. Not an NPC.

in Lore

Posted by: paintpixie.7398

paintpixie.7398

About Traeharne: everyone I knew in RL who played this game hated Traeharne. All my guildies hated Traeharne. I hated Traeharne. A lot of people who posted on the forums hated Traeharne. We all had different reasons, save that the focus was: “He stole my spotlight.”

Don’t lie to yourself and say that he didn’t steal your spotlight in the PS. At the beginning of the PS, your character says: “This is my story.” And then at the end, it becomes Traeharne’s story.

I really do not believe you at all when you say it’s a “vocal minority” that wanted the spotlight when the story is supposed to be about YOU. Your character. Not an NPC.

I didn’t hate Trahearne, but I did find him a bit annoying, like a kid brother who was “the favorite” or something. He grew on me, eventually. But it did start to feel like I was irrelevant to the story. Particularly in the LW where I wasn’t even called by name, the focus was on character development of NPCs, etc. I feel like Anet should have just written a book instead of a video game, sometimes.
But I liked Trahearne. I would rather have him than Logan, who I don’t care what he does, I will ALWAYS hate.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

He didn’t. He NEVER stole a story. And I DARE you to prove that he did. But you can’t, because he never did. Not a single person who claims to hate Trahearne can point out any place where he stole credit. Not. A. One.

Because such a point doesn’t exist. Never existed. And certainly never will.

It was the same people I saw stating this over and over again. Everyone in my guilds didn’t hate them. The folks I know out of the game do not hate him.

They found him annoying, largely because of his personality and voice acting, like I did, but they did not hate him and they knew he did not steal the spotlight, did not take any credit.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

At this point I think we need to see the Dragon Story just stop. These things are about as dangerous as hyperactive puppies.

Also way less interesting than hyperactive puppies.

They could continue so many GW1/GW2 stories that aren’t dragon related and any of them would be more engaging.

in Lore

Posted by: Raven.1793

Raven.1793

For what it’s worth, I quite enjoyed Traeharne’s character. I found the original PS uniquely suited to an MMO where the story is not really about the PC being the hero but about gathering together a group of people who could beat the elder dragon. In that sense, the story is still about the PC and Traeharne was just someone that was found to lead the pact.

I too found Traeharne’s voice somewhat annoying but we can make fun of that. After playing through HoT, I found my character’s voice to be similarly awful and grating. That is unacceptable. I don’t want to order people around again. I’d rather stick to being the mostly-slient action hero that bashes dragon minions and throws out the occasional cheesy one-liner.

The monomyth is overdone and unsuited to the MMO environment. The original PS was a refreshing departure and it was disappointing to see the writers abandon that style of storytelling.

in Lore

Posted by: Doug Whisper.2465

Doug Whisper.2465

From a narrative perspective it is easier to have someone give PC orders to do with reasons behind. HoT story is kinda disjointed or jumping around probably because PC is the one giving out orders.

in Lore

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

At the moment, we can’t really say anything about the next dragon for sure. There are a bunch of arguments for nearly everyone of the remaining dragons.

First of all I’d like to point out that there are two kinds of dragons:
Those who act as a direct threat to the Tyrians (Zhaitan, Jormag and Kralkatorrik) and those who aren’t that present (Mordremoth, Primordus and Bubbles). We have already taken out one of both categories, but I’m not sure if that makes it more likely that one of the first category comes next…

I think that Bubbles is the least likely next dragon. Mordremoth and Bubbles were the most mysterious ones and I’d be kinda surprised if Anet would take out both this early.
Plus, they would run out of excuses why the naval tradeways with Elona is / remains closed.

Jormag is kinda unlikely to me, too. The argument with the arcitc explorer outfit isn’t THAT bad, but that’s not more than a small hint.

So I’m kinda torn between Primordus and Kralkatorrik. The HoT story end leaves some cliff hangers for Season 3, so we can already see what’s most likely to happen next.
The two main things that come to my mind:
1) Glint’s egg (possible connection to Kralkatorrik) and
2) Taimi @Rata Novus: possibly finds out something about Primordus / accidentally attracts his attention.
So I can’t really decide at the moment, even though I personally think that Primordus could be a bit more likely, since he and his whole “underground/underworld” theme could give a few interesting possibilities for Anet – like new underground maps that lie under the existing ones, or Primordus reachs the surface (maybe he settles at Ring of Fire… okay, it’s unlikely, but it would be an awesome setting) and those would both be really nice raid settings.
(Plus, once again, the defeat of Kralkatorrik would open a way to Elona and I’m somehow sure that Anet will avoid this for now)

PS: Not native speaker, sorry for all mistakes :*

in Lore

Slowpokeking.8720

At the moment, we can’t really say anything about the next dragon for sure. There are a bunch of arguments for nearly everyone of the remaining dragons.

Those who act as a direct threat to the Tyrians (Zhaitan, Jormag and Kralkatorrik) and those who aren’t that present (Mordremoth, Primordus and Bubbles). We have already taken out one of both categories, but I’m not sure if that makes it more likely that one of the first category comes next…

I think that Bubbles is the least likely next dragon. Mordremoth and Bubbles were the most mysterious ones and I’d be kinda surprised if Anet would take out both this early.
Plus, they would run out of excuses why the naval tradeways with Elona is / remains closed.

Jormag is kinda unlikely to me, too. The argument with the arcitc explorer outfit isn’t THAT bad, but that’s not more than a small hint.

So I’m kinda torn between Primordus and Kralkatorrik. The HoT story end leaves some cliff hangers for Season 3, so we can already see what’s most likely to happen next.
The two main things that come to my mind:
1) Glint’s egg (possible connection to Kralkatorrik) and
2) Taimi @Rata Novus: possibly finds out something about Primordus / accidentally attracts his attention.
So I can’t really decide at the moment, even though I personally think that Primordus could be a bit more likely, since he and his whole “underground/underworld” theme could give a few interesting possibilities for Anet – like new underground maps that lie under the existing ones, or Primordus reachs the surface (maybe he settles at Ring of Fire… okay, it’s unlikely, but it would be an awesome setting) and those would both be really nice raid settings.
(Plus, once again, the defeat of Kralkatorrik would open a way to Elona and I’m somehow sure that Anet will avoid this for now)

PS: Not native speaker, sorry for all mistakes :*

Why Jormag is unlikely? It’s the most active dragon. Eir’s son also asked you to take it down next.

in Lore

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

He is as active as he was since launch. I just can’t see any connection between the lose ends of the HoT story and Jormag…

Braham requested Jormag next? Maybe I’ve missed this part. Personally, I’d loved this most, since I really like the ice/norn/kodan settings and I’d love to see some more EotN related stuff. Well, we’ll see where the story will lead us… in a few months, hopefully.

in Lore

Slowpokeking.8720

He is as active as he was since launch. I just can’t see any connection between the lose ends of the HoT story and Jormag…

Braham requested Jormag next? Maybe I’ve missed this part. Personally, I’d loved this most, since I really like the ice/norn/kodan settings and I’d love to see some more EotN related stuff. Well, we’ll see where the story will lead us… in a few months, hopefully.

What does the personal story’s end has to do with Mordremoth?

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

What Thanathos was saying is that Jormag hasn’t do anything during the Living World or HoT to put itself forward as a candidate for us to target. With the information we potentially now have at our fingertips on Primordus, and Kralkatorrik’s entanglement with the new Glint’s legacy superplot (plus whatever preparations the Pact had put into place), they both seem more likely than a dragon who’s only involvement in the last three years is the actions of the Sons of Svanir in a pre-existing metaevent and the enmity of a single young norn.

That said? At the end of the launch game, I’d have put Mordremoth at dead last for the next likely dragon. It was the only one we didn’t have reason to believe was already awake and active (and, in fact, it wasn’t), and certain dialogue indicated the orders didn’t even know it existed. It took an entire season of living world to move it out of fifth place. Speculating just on where HoT ends may be insufficient to make an accurate guess.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Slowpokeking.8720

What Thanathos was saying is that Jormag didn’t do anything during the Living World or HoT to put itself forward as a candidate for us to target. With the information we potentially now have at our fingertips on Primordus, and Kralkatorrik’s entanglement with the new Glint’s legacy superplot (plus whatever preparations the Pact had put into place), they both seem more likely than a dragon who’s only involvement in the last three years is the actions of the Sons of Svanir in a pre-existing metaevent and the enmity of a single young norn.

That said? At the end of the launch game, I’d have put Mordremoth at dead last for the next likely dragon. It was the only one we didn’t have reason to believe was already awake and active (and, in fact, it wasn’t), and certain dialogue indicated the orders didn’t even know it existed. It took an entire season of living world to move it out of fifth place. Speculating just on where HoT ends may be insufficient to make an accurate guess.

Mordremoth didn’t play any part in the original personal story either. All of its story came out AFTER Zhaitan’s death. In the personal story if you play Norn, your early story is all about fighting Jormag’s minions.

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

That’s what I was getting at in the second paragraph. Just because Jormag seems unlikely with everything we know, doesn’t mean there won’t be a second Scarlet flying out of left field to move him up to our priority.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Slowpokeking.8720

That’s what I was getting at in the second paragraph. Just because Jormag seems unlikely with everything we know, doesn’t mean there won’t be a second Scarlet flying out of left field to move him up to our priority.

Unlikely? It is the most active dragon alive, your personal story had more Jormag than any other dragon beside Zhaitan, that is a huge reason for it to come next.

in Lore

Posted by: MVP.7961

MVP.7961

They can do this to any dragon and given the current writing team, where they have bad writers who know the plot and new writers who apparently don’t (if Leah Hoyer truly knew the lore then I doubt she would have written that blog post to make the Mordrem Guard sound so frightening due to uniqueness when _+EVERYTHING_+ that was presented – both in the story and in the blog – as why they’re so frightening THE RISEN HAD ALREADY DONE TENFOLD!), chances are the other dragons will suffer just as much.

IMO, the only way they can salvage the game’s story and lore at this point is by finding someone who knows the lore and knows how to write from the GW2 community.

This is still pure speculation. Zhaitan and Mordremoth were on opposite ends of The All, but nothing makes them “in pairs”.

Further, there’s no way to know that, should such pairing exist, that the opposites would be “the tops, the mids, the bottoms” or "complete opposite (e.g., middle to middle, top left to bottom right, and top right to bottom left).

This. Ten millions time THIS!
As a writer you don’t follow what the fans say, you write your own story and use your characters the way you planned to their full potential which these writers are not doing at all. The moment they start changing their story to what the fans want it become the fans story not Anet story.

in Lore

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

This. Ten millions time THIS!
As a writer you don’t follow what the fans say, you write your own story and use your characters the way you planned to their full potential which these writers are not doing at all. The moment they start changing their story to what the fans want it become the fans story not Anet story.

What if Anets writers have planned Trahearne to end like this, independent of what the fans wanted. Seriously you all act like it’s proven without a doubt that solely the vocal Trahearne-haters are to blame for his death. I see no reason to believe that, considering Trahearne’s story was basically told and there was just nothing left to do with him besides heroically dying. Especially since almost all of the people who wanted to see Tree-Dawg dead, siad his was going to turn evil and be a major villain of a story arch. While he was possesed at the very end, Tree-Diddy himself never really turned evil.

And another general thing: Stop pretending everyone who disliked Traderp did it for the same reason, mostly that faux “he stole my spotlight”-stuff. That’s not at all why I disliked him and especially not the only reason to do so. So get off you high horses for a second and stop whining about a predictable outcome of events. You think I’m happy they killed of Eir and Faolain? Not really, but you don’t see me crying about and blaming other fans of the game for pressuring Anet into killing them off.

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

What if Anets writers have planned Trahearne to end like this, independent of what the fans wanted.

WHen GW2 was released, devs said that they needed Trahearne to fill the role he does because it’s a role that couldn’t be filled by the PC – not the whole ‘independent of the Orders’ (they could easily write around that) but the ‘leader of a huge organization’. The PC cannot be bogged down by logistics.

If they had planned Trahearne to die in the second story related to him, then his placement was a bunch of BS from the start. The reason for his existence was BS from the start. And in all honesty? We need an NPC to fill Trahearne’s role – no game that told a good story had us as the defacto leader of a huge organization. Hell, even most stories regardless of medium don’t have the main character being the defacto leader of a huge organization unless its a tragedy or a sequel (which often results in losing that role).

I might, possibly, think that they killed Trahearne because that’s what they wanted for their story, if the entirety of HoT wasn’t catering to the playerbase. Players had cried about the disconnection between GW1 and GW2 in lore since release, and HoT has more such ties than the initial release, S1, and S2 combined – even though S2 had a ton of ties to GW1 lore. From revenants to Rata Novus to Auric Basin HoT is stuffed full of GW1 tie-ins. The main plot is stuffed full of giving players what they wanted – from leading the Pact to killing Trahearne and taking Caladbolg. This trend began with S2, with continuous call outs of the PCs’ actions (“Please allow me to present your guest, Destroyer of Zhaitan and Commander of the Pact.” “Ahem. Introducing a hero who needs no introduction, the Commander of the Pact.” etc. etc. etc.)

It seems so blatantly obvious to me that they did these things not for the story but for the players’ wants. If they didn’t give players who cried out every single thing they wanted from the original story, I’d be inclined to agree with you. Regardless of reason for hating Trahearne, it seems pretty kitten obvious that Anet’s writers were set with the goal of quelling these outcries. Because it’s not just Trahearne’s death which feels like blatant catering, but well beyond that.

So get off you high horses for a second and stop whining about a predictable outcome of events.

It only became predictable after the stage was set, long after the outcries for his death and the catering to the playerbase had begun.

You think I’m happy they killed of Eir and Faolain? Not really, but you don’t see me crying about and blaming other fans of the game for pressuring Anet into killing them off.

Very few – if any – wanted Faolain to die off. Few enough wanted Eir to die off that it wasn’t a vocal outcry.

Not to mention Eir’s death was blatantly obvious in that it was done for Braham’s development – like all other characters’ development, Braham needed the death of a loved one to change. That’s the repeating trend with GW2’s writers. Every single character that has a development change has had a loved one die. Caithe had Wynne, Marjory had Belinda, Braham had Eir, even Taimi had Scruffy’s over-dramatic death occur.

Dear ANet writers,

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Mordremoth left the second category and entered the first. That’s the story reason why we went after him – he became the biggest threat.

Zhaitan was the biggest threat. Then Mordremoth was.

Now Jormag is. But that doesn’t mean Anet cannot arbitrarily make any dragon the most active. Even Primordus or the DSD.

Anet already jumped the gun by delivering Mordremoth so soon, IMO. Everything about HoT gave the potential for the best dragon storyline, but failed to deliver because it was rushed and was the second dragon – all further dragons will pale in comparison to the only Elder Dragon to speak into the minds of the player characters.

There’s no reason why not to now. We don’t know where the DSD is, and there’s no indication that it’s breached the surface of the water.

There’s also Braham advocating to kill Jormag next if yo utalk to him in the Heart of Thorns open instance after completing Hearts and Minds. There’s also the fact that he is the most active dragon of the four remaining.

Primordus is the one who’s honestly got the fewest reasons to go after next.

• We don’t know where he is.
  • He’s inactive on the surface.
  • He has no ties to any current plot, only the possibility of something Rata Novus found, and they were researching all Elder Dragons.

Even the DSD has more reason to show up than Primordus. While we don’t know where it is, there is that concept art created with Heart of Thorns of a dragon rising out of water, and the magic from Mordremoth’s death went in its direction (roughly) which means it could possibly be getting a power boost – like Mordremoth did.

Furthermore, unlike Primordus, Jormag, and Kralkatorrik, the DSD – like Mordremoth – has no open world dialogue or influence. There’d be minimal clashing with saying the DSD is dead because you won’t go into a zone and have “the DSD is threatening us!” like you would all other dragons (albeit… this includes Zhaitan).

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

Why not two Elder Dragons at one story? :p

Joke aside, it is still possible we may get 2 Elder Dragons the next battle or future battles against Elder Dragons. Maybe to the point that two Elder Dragon actually fight each other with one winning and absorbing the defeated Elder Dragon’s magic resulting in “insert imagination idea here” and we now have to deal with that Elder Dragon.

That way Anet can kill 2 ED with one story and stop making them sound like they’re just waiting for some mysterious event to happen just to kick them in the butt to become a active threat.

in Lore

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Why not two Elder Dragons at one story? :p

Joke aside, it is still possible we may get 2 Elder Dragons the next battle or future battles against Elder Dragons. Maybe to the point that two Elder Dragon actually fight each other with one winning and absorbing the defeated Elder Dragon’s magic resulting in “insert imagination idea here” and we now have to deal with that Elder Dragon.

That way Anet can kill 2 ED with one story and stop making them sound like they’re just waiting for some mysterious event to happen just to kick them in the butt to become a active threat.

At the beginning of s1 I was so happy, I thought “Flame & Frost” will be about Primordus and Jormag going at each other so we can forget about dragons sooner and get some good stories going xP

Then we got Scarlet..

in Lore

BuddhaKeks.4857

WHen GW2 was released, devs said that they needed Trahearne to fill the role he does because it’s a role that couldn’t be filled by the PC – not the whole ‘independent of the Orders’ (they could easily write around that) but the ‘leader of a huge organization’. The PC cannot be bogged down by logistics.

If they had planned Trahearne to die in the second story related to him, then his placement was a bunch of BS from the start. The reason for his existence was BS from the start. And in all honesty? We need an NPC to fill Trahearne’s role – no game that told a good story had us as the defacto leader of a huge organization. Hell, even most stories regardless of medium don’t have the main character being the defacto leader of a huge organization unless its a tragedy or a sequel (which often results in losing that role).

We don’t even know yet if the PC is going to be the new head of the Pact. Please stop assuming things. The PC was only acting as provisional Marshall while Trahearne was missing. Unless the first raid wing gives us any more lore regarding the PC position in the Pact, I’ve never heard about, I don’t think we can just go and say the PC will be the new Marshall for certain.
And yes I agree we need an NPC as the leader of the Pact, but I see no reason why it has to be Trahearne forever. Trahearne became Marshall for 2 reasons, one is he wasn’t a member of any of the orders, but respected by all of them, the other was that he was a scholar who spent his life studying Orr and Zhaitan. Since Zhaitan is dead this second reason is not important anymore (I think it never was to beginn with, as he could giving his intel in a consultative position, but whatever).
Point is: Yes we need a Marshall NPC, but we don’t it to be Trahearne.

I might, possibly, think that they killed Trahearne because that’s what they wanted for their story, if the entirety of HoT wasn’t catering to the playerbase. Players had cried about the disconnection between GW1 and GW2 in lore since release, and HoT has more such ties than the initial release, S1, and S2 combined – even though S2 had a ton of ties to GW1 lore. From revenants to Rata Novus to Auric Basin HoT is stuffed full of GW1 tie-ins. The main plot is stuffed full of giving players what they wanted – from leading the Pact to killing Trahearne and taking Caladbolg. This trend began with S2, with continuous call outs of the PCs’ actions (“Please allow me to present your guest, Destroyer of Zhaitan and Commander of the Pact.” “Ahem. Introducing a hero who needs no introduction, the Commander of the Pact.” etc. etc. etc.)

It seems so blatantly obvious to me that they did these things not for the story but for the players’ wants. If they didn’t give players who cried out every single thing they wanted from the original story, I’d be inclined to agree with you. Regardless of reason for hating Trahearne, it seems pretty kitten obvious that Anet’s writers were set with the goal of quelling these outcries. Because it’s not just Trahearne’s death which feels like blatant catering, but well beyond that.

There is a huge differences between throwing in references to the first game and killing of major story characters. One can be done without any harm to the narrative, for example the entirety of Rata Novus has almost no bearing on the plot, it’s mostly callback material and probably set-up for Season 3. The rest of the reference heavy material could have been done with completely new lore, it just makes more sense to connect the threads. Same goes for acknowledging the actions of the PC (something I’ve always advocated), it is nice, but it doesn’t change the plot.
So in otherwords, just because they pander to their fans on a surface level, doesn’t mean they let them dictate the plot. I see no inevitable connection between the two.

It only became predictable after the stage was set, long after the outcries for his death and the catering to the playerbase had begun.

The playerbase had been asking for Trahearne’s death since the a few weeks after the release of the game. Still we had several complete story arcs with him alive. Granted we didn’t meet him much, but he wasn’t really relevant for most of those stories. Which also leads to why he can die. He is not needed anymore.

Very few – if any – wanted Faolain to die off. Few enough wanted Eir to die off that it wasn’t a vocal outcry.

Not to mention Eir’s death was blatantly obvious in that it was done for Braham’s development – like all other characters’ development, Braham needed the death of a loved one to change. That’s the repeating trend with GW2’s writers. Every single character that has a development change has had a loved one die. Caithe had Wynne, Marjory had Belinda, Braham had Eir, even Taimi had Scruffy’s over-dramatic death occur.

I wasn’t trying to imply that there is a large group of people that wanted Faolain and Eir to die, I’m saying that because it looks like you guys are trying to put the blame on other people for a freaking character’s death in a fictional story. In other words I was showing how ridiculous that notion is by applying it to other characters.
And yes I know Eir died for Braham’s character development. I’m not happy with it, but I wont blame the people that like Braham more than Eir. Because that would be ridiculous.

in Lore

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

I swear the whole “hate on trehearn” thing is just bandwagoning and a result of the same concept as memes

A lot of People had ZERO opinions on trehearn one way or the other, then sometime around launch someone gave this whole “stealing the spotlight” criticism and tons of people started adopting that opinion and parroting it around on the forums and map chat, this resulted in tons of players being exposed to this opinion and rolling with it themselves even though they probably wouldn’t have even thought about it if they hadnt been told to have that opinion

I see the same thing happen whenever people like woodenpotatoes post some video discussing their opinions on some topic, suddenly the following days i will see people practically quoting them word for word and claiming it is their own “unique” opinion that they just happen to have come to

Sheeple

in Lore

Slowpokeking.8720

I swear the whole “hate on trehearn” thing is just bandwagoning and a result of the same concept as memes

A lot of People had ZERO opinions on trehearn one way or the other, then sometime around launch someone gave this whole “stealing the spotlight” criticism and tons of people started adopting that opinion and parroting it around on the forums and map chat, this resulted in tons of players being exposed to this opinion and rolling with it themselves even though they probably wouldn’t have even thought about it if they hadnt been told to have that opinion

I see the same thing happen whenever people like woodenpotatoes post some video discussing their opinions on some topic, suddenly the following days i will see people practically quoting them word for word and claiming it is their own “unique” opinion that they just happen to have come to

Sheeple

I think he’s a lot less interesting than the mentor character, but otherwise he’s not too bad. I’m quite angry that they killed Eir though, especially before we take on Jormag.

in Lore

BuddhaKeks.4857

I think he’s a lot less interesting than the mentor character, but otherwise he’s not too bad. I’m quite angry that they killed Eir though, especially before we take on Jormag.

Ironically I thought Eir would have been the best new Marshall for the Pact in case Trahearne died. Unfortunately she didn’t quite make it.

in Lore

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

No more dragon stuff please...

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

in Lore

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

No more dragon stuff please…

Until all ED are dead there will always be more dragon stuff and if something doesn’t appear to be more dragon stuff it will become more dragon stuff.

I say get 2 ED to die in one storyline in a Elder Dragon vs Elder Dragon vs Races of Tyria war to make it go by faster.