If glint's remains power the zephyrites...

in Lore

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

If glint’s remains power the zephyrites what could zhaitan’s remains do? Will we use Zhaitan’s left over power to help us fight the other dragons. Meaning that with each dragon killed we would gain more magical power to crush the other dragons with?

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

in Lore

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

Crystals are a bit different than zombie parts.

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

in Lore

Posted by: SpeedFiend.4521

SpeedFiend.4521

Seems the Zephyrites are the only ones who know how to harness this power, and they have no intention to use it against the elder dragons as they don’t see them as evil. Since we haven’t recovered (or even looked for) Zhaitan’s remains, it’s anyone’s guess what happened to them.

Seeing as we can only speculate at this point, my money is on the Inquest. They’ve conducted the most research on elder dragons, I’m sure they’d be quite interested in getting a chunk of one to play around with. Hopefully Zhaitan’s part in the history of Tyria is not quite done yet.

in Lore

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

ok but would the zephyrites even be able to help, glint’s powers were far different in scale and usage than Zhaitan. I would guess some of what they had learned could tranfer over but I would think other parts would have to be discovered anew?

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

in Lore

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

Seems the Zephyrites are the only ones who know how to harness this power, and they have no intention to use it against the elder dragons as they don’t see them as evil. Since we haven’t recovered (or even looked for) Zhaitan’s remains, it’s anyone’s guess what happened to them.

Seeing as we can only speculate at this point, my money is on the Inquest. They’ve conducted the most research on elder dragons, I’m sure they’d be quite interested in getting a chunk of one to play around with. Hopefully Zhaitan’s part in the history of Tyria is not quite done yet.

I think you missunderstand the Zephyrite view on the EDs. They dont see them as evil in the way they dont see a tidal wave or a cyclone as evil. They do see it as a threat. After all, Glint, who they revere, fought the EDs. They also seem to hold people who fight the Dragon’s in high esteme.

We dont know what Glint’s heritage is so its hard to be sure what the ‘mission statement’ for the Zepharites is. They may be keeping knowledge Glint left behind to fight the EDs safe. They might be keeping knowledge that Glint wanted to survived the EDs safe. We dont know. Its quite likely though that they could be involved in the fight against the EDs later. I have a feeling that they are likely to find themselves less safe in the air now the world has airships.

As for Zhaitan’s remains, remember that Glint was purified by the Forgotten which is why she turned on her ED master. Zhaitan is one big lump of Dragon Corruption. Perhaps his corpse can be purified but it would probably be a huge scale operation and at this stage we simply dont know. I doubt his corpse could be used safely as is since just artifacts touched by the Dragon’s corruption were enough to corrupt other living things.

In short, even if we have good access to Zhaitan’s body (which is somewhere in the middle of Arah) its likely too dangerous to used as is.