Inter-species 'splicing' and the Inquest

in Lore

Posted by: trub.1657

trub.1657

Q:

Good day my Lore Gurus
I’m back with a rather interesting question..my apologies if it seems ‘silly’, but I am curious as to the possible lore to it.
Had the Inquest ever delved into the ‘merging’ of two (or possibly more) species of Tyria, to create a ‘creature’ (other than dragon spawn) that may still be alive?
There is a thread in the forum about ‘inter species’ breeding, and it brought me to ask this question.
I can only imagine something vicious to protect their lab, or something cruel and twisted (like a quaggan/skritt hybrid) to prove their skill in creation.
Your answers are greatly appreciated
Thank you!
(I miss Wallows, maybe some Asura out there has found the genetic marker from the past, and can make me one for old times sake)

I have Splinter Barrage- I am a Ritualist.
I have a pet- I am a Ranger.
I have Avatar of Balthazar- I am a Dervish.

in Lore

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

So you’re leaving out Alpha from CoE? Other than that, and super powered oozes, I can’t think of any inquest merged monstrosities.

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

CoE is full of these things… not of other species, but I think there is a secret mini dungeon map, that dabbles in that kind of things in the Map, where the Citadell of Flame is.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Inquest have only experimented with dragon minions and oozes as far as we know – in regards to mix-matching stuff.

They do many things, of course, including enlarging asura (there’s a hidden event in Metrica where you fight a giant Inquest asura, for example), but genetic splicing seems beyond their imagination and/or comprehension and/or capabilities.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Uvirith.9573

Uvirith.9573

Why would they waste their time creating a hybrid abomination while they can create golems and/or work on dragon minions?

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Wait, there is one other example, though it might be through Mordremoths power.

Scarlet created a false god in the Tower of Nightmare, which, if I remember right, was a combination of Sylvari and Krait.

While it wasn’t really confirmed, it came from a plant like Sylvari, so we can asume she used some Sylvari/Mordremoth bilogical hatching device…

btw. this could actually be a first hint on the powers of Mordremoth, if I am not mistaken, and how he creates his minions.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

It was les of a combination of sylvari and krait and, according to out-of-game dev comments on forum, the krait’s metamorphosis ability (prominent in GW1 but not GW2) taking on plant features from being within the tree.

Though I always interpreted it as a krait-shaped sylvari and theorized the tower was another “pale tree” seed raised by the krait. Which would basically just make it a mordrem krait, fundamentally. Sadly, though, Angel McCoy denounced the most logically obvious answer with something that doesn’t make much sense (how can scales turn into plant skin!?).

In either case, though, it’s not genetic splicing like the OP is asking.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: trub.1657

trub.1657

Wait, there is one other example, though it might be through Mordremoths power.

Scarlet created a false god in the Tower of Nightmare, which, if I remember right, was a combination of Sylvari and Krait.

While it wasn’t really confirmed, it came from a plant like Sylvari, so we can asume she used some Sylvari/Mordremoth bilogical hatching device…

btw. this could actually be a first hint on the powers of Mordremoth, if I am not
mistaken, and how he creates his minions.

[SPOILER] ?
Possibly the same fluid Taimi is keeping the Chak organ in>- Could that liquid be used for animating tissues into a ‘mixed’ creation?
Did Scarlet learn her tricks from the Inquest?

I have Splinter Barrage- I am a Ritualist.
I have a pet- I am a Ranger.
I have Avatar of Balthazar- I am a Dervish.