Interspecies Relationships

in Lore

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

Hello Adventures,

I wondered if there are possibilities in the Guild Wars Universe that some Individuals from different races can have feeling for each over.
For example, the Norn have the same biology as humans, can a Human then fall in love with a Norn and it wouldn’t be wrong?

The Sylvari are imitating Humans, so maybe some guy with a weird fetish have feelings for a Sylvari or can a Sylvari find a Human or Norn so interesting that he/she creates feelings for him/her?

in Lore

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

Any feeling can happen if the social/religious/custom boundaries are overcome. Some are just really unlikely to happen because of those boundaries. If they are overcome, there won’t be any interspecies kids involved though. A-net confirmed that.

in Lore

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

I guess it would depend on your way of thinking. Humans often fall in love when an intimate relationship is not an option. They may be disabled or can’t for some other reason. So in those cases it is companionship and feelings only. So I don’t know why two peoples of the sentient races in GW2 (especially the main 5) couldn’t fall for each other.

in Lore

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

It might be possible. Feelings are funny and don’t follow a set of rules, so why not. So relationships, could happen I recon. But, there would be no halfer babies, as it has been stated that the races are not able to reproduce with one another. But babies are not essential for a relationship, so I can see relationships happening between the races.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

in Lore

jheryn.8390

It might be possible. Feelings are funny and don’t follow a set of rules, so why not. So relationships, could happen I recon. But, there would be no halfer babies, as it has been stated that the races are not able to reproduce with one another. But babies are not essential for a relationship, so I can see relationships happening between the races.

Where was it stated that the races could not reproduce with one another? I would love to read that. I like that kind of stuff. I find it interesting.

It is too bad, though. I figured most could not inter-species, but I was hoping Norn and Humans could. It would be cool to see some 1/2 Norn running around.

in Lore

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Oh can’t find a link… but I remember it being mentioned. I was disapointed since I had sort of thought of my norn elementalist to be decendet from my GW1 (human) ele. Was kinda bummed learning it was not possible.

I changed it to that she might still have had a relationship with a norn and they adopted an orphaned norn child.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

in Lore

Dustfinger.9510

Where was it stated that the races could not reproduce with one another? I would love to read that. I like that kind of stuff. I find it interesting.

It is too bad, though. I figured most could not inter-species, but I was hoping Norn and Humans could. It would be cool to see some 1/2 Norn running around.

http://ashenfold.com/pax-day-2-from-a-roleplayers-eyes/

in Lore

jheryn.8390

in Lore

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Fanfic ahoy!

But seriously, I’ve envisioned my Asura warrior hits on Human and Norn a lot since he ended up hanging out with a lot of them on the front lines and picking up their bad habits. He’s pretty big for an Asura too…about chest height to most female humans :P

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

The major races cannot reproduce, however we see multiple in-game examples of human and norn holding more… physical interests with each other – though rarely is said interests returned in kind.

There’s probably some human and sylvari stuff going on too in the game among NPCs. Though less so, I’m sure.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

^ What Konig said. I’m certain that there are occasional inter-racial relationships in the game world. It’s just that it’s not spotlighted by ANet. The one rule we have is that the different races can’t interbreed with each other. Other than that, feel free to go wild with your roleplaying.

in Lore

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

You won’t generally see too many inter-species relationships, but I’m sure they’re out there. With some races more than others. You also have to consider the opinions of their peers, which will be more important to some races than others; sylvari wouldn’t have too many problems, but for a charr it would be very difficult.

in Lore

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

You won’t generally see too many inter-species relationships, but I’m sure they’re out there. With some races more than others. You also have to consider the opinions of their peers, which will be more important to some races than others; sylvari wouldn’t have too many problems, but for a charr it would be very difficult.

Who would want to have a relationship with a charr anyway.

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Since there is confirmation that there will be no mutant hybrid children, I’m fine with the interspecies relationship idea. I’m really glad they didn’t go the “Everyone can magically breed with everyone!” route.

in Lore

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

You clearly underestimate the diversity of personal preferences.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in Lore

Dustfinger.9510

And a scratchy tongue on your face to wake you up in the morning :P

in Lore

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

And a scratchy tongue on your face to wake you up in the morning :P

I’d prefer a leafy one…wait…is a sylvari’s tongue leafy? Then do they produce saliva? GAH why do they produce so many questions!?

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Lore

Posted by: Alpharius.2138

Alpharius.2138

It’s not likely, but it’s entirely possible. Rule 34. >_>

in Lore

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

Funny I run into this topic today. I was just telling my guildies that I’m surprised to not see some human woman in Lion’s Arch hitting on a charr somewhere. I know more than a few women IRL who would love the chance for that.

Heck, I would. Protective, loyal, and knows how to have a good time. Totally down.

in Lore

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

The only reason this is an odd question is because there’s only one dominant sentient species in the real world: humans.

I think, as sylvari, humans, asura, tengu, charr, norn, kodan, and quaggans all seem to have the same level of intelligence (give or take) a romantic relationship is never out of the question.

A sexual relationship is a different story. However, given that we have magic and potions that can change your entire body structure, I don’t see that as a problem between species.

in Lore

Dustfinger.9510

The only real issue I see is that A-net said that only the more adventurous individuals would be found in other races cities. So that tells me that there isn’t a relatively whole lot of integration. Feeling can be had and even actions based on those feelings but it will be far from common.

in Lore

Zaxares.5419

… I hadn’t even considered Quaggans. Can you just imagine what their pillow talk would sound like?

“Ooooh!”
“Hoo!”
“Ahhh!”
“Woo!”

in Lore

Rednik.3809

Quaggans are cute, but i would prefer Charr anyway. Too attracted to idea of belly rubs

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in Lore

Posted by: Crome.5316

Crome.5316

A relationship between Norn and Human is possible.
My Norn is a decendet from a GW1 charakter I don´t give a kitten about what others say. If A-net shows me a norn and human trying without success I may believe them.^^

I´m looking at our internet. Check some adult websites and see some drawn adult material which contains,of course some “adult” material, and for example some furry stuff or tentacle stuff. A relationship between Human and others is at least from Human side possible(depends on individual interest). But offspring… I think magic will help. Ask the Asura how to do it.

in Lore

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Quaggans are the pillows. lol
I also believe that cross species relationships can happen.
So far we have kids from various species playing games together. In Applenook a woman adopted a Charr, Asura, Norn, and she has her own Human kid.

It is completely logical to think some Asuran is living with a Sylvari or a Human with a Norn (dem Norn women…sorry I’m drifting again). Its just a kid won’t result from it, though adoption is always possible.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

(edited by Atlas.9704)

in Lore

Posted by: Essarious Quw.8946

Essarious Quw.8946

In response to the OP, this is an ingame quote from the Krytan Herald in Divinity’s Reach:
“No gossip here, I’m afraid. If it weren’t for the occasional half-naked sylvari passing through, I’d be bored to tears.”

It’s safe to say there is at least one human male who has a preference for salad haha.

in Lore

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

In Lion’s Arch two women (Human and Sylvari) watch a Norn couple walk by and they have the following conversation:
(Human): “Did you see what she was wearing?”
(Sylvari, apparently interested): “No….I was watching him.”

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I’m pretty sure it’s two human women, actually, not a human and sylvari. Or it was the human interested, because I know for certain that the interested one was human.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Frosch.7809

Frosch.7809

I don’t know if it has been mentioned, but that human friend of Historian Fia in Cursed Shore is probably more interested in her than just being friends, at least this came to my mind when i read the name of this thread. I think she is pretty much unaware of this though, as she says that she does not understand humans, and especially not him.

[Yak’s Bend]

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Ah yeah, that Vigil fella. I got that vibe from him too, with him going on about how he couldn’t let harm come to her and how conflicted he was between duty to the outpost and “duty” to her.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Leo G.4501

Lol all the girls swoon for the hairy Norn, Humans in general are ho’s, Sylvari are loose and seems people are very vocal for their desire of their Charr

No one ever talks about Asura though but my Asura Warrior is a panty dropper

in Lore

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

… I hadn’t even considered Quaggans. Can you just imagine what their pillow talk would sound like?

“Ooooh!”
“Hoo!”
“Ahhh!”
“Woo!”

……..I feel dirty now

That being said, there is a quest in GW1 where you have to get out of a “shot gun wedding” of sorts with a female or male norn depending on your gender. So yes, Norn X Human is possible.

Sylvari are said to fall in love with those who “inspire” them, regardless of gender and I would assume species. Sieran for example I am convinced develops feelings for your character….before she you know…..gets annoyingly killed off.

Humans………well I imagine humans would do anything humanoid. Plus, come on, Norn woman. What man would say no? Also, in real life we have things considered a fetish. This can range from possible role play…….to hentai such as monster girls.

Charr and Asura…..I’ll be honest, I can’t think of any reason they might be attracted to the other races. Asura in particular.

(edited by Celestina.2894)

in Lore

Posted by: SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

I’ve always wanted to know what a Charr/Asura baby would look like.

in Lore

Posted by: Izzuan.3704

Izzuan.3704

I’ve always wanted to know what a Charr/Asura baby would look like.

Terror and nightmares, terror and nightmares. the Asura are already creepy enough…shudder

Charr and Asura…..I’ll be honest, I can’t think of any reason they might be attracted to the other races. Asura in particular.

Well, I could see the asura going for other species in the sort of “smart guys like dumb girls” kinda schtick (trope?). And of course theres the idea of the smart chick surrounding herself with subservient, obedient, young studs.

but the charr….nah.

in Lore

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

Sylvari are said to fall in love with those who “inspire” them, regardless of gender and I would assume species. Sieran for example I am convinced develops feelings for your character….before she you know…..gets annoyingly killed off.

Well, I’m playing through the Durmand Priory Storyline at the moment with my Female Sylvari and I have to admit, the voice acting and how she is that curious and adventurous explorer makes her pretty cute in my eyes :P I don’t even want to continue my personal story when I get to Claw Island because I don’t want her to die. And I probably won’t continue.

in Lore

Posted by: Cristobal.8640

Cristobal.8640

We Sylvari do not intermingle with animals.

in Lore

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

No one mentioned Braham and Rox? He just lost a LOT of family and friends, not to mention how “lovely” his relations is with his mom so I know he’s feeling vulnerable. Rox, on the other hand, is a bright-eyed, bushy-tailed ranger that desperately wants to be recognized. They have already hit it off well so it wouldn’t be a stretch for them to form an interracial relationship.

Also, I hate to admit it but I find Rox adorable. She has piercing green eyes and, given her interaction with her new pet, she gave the impression of a woman on the cusp of motherhood.

in Lore

Leo G.4501

Do not check Rule 34. You can’t unsee…

in Lore

Zaxares.5419

Too late. The goggles do nothing…

in Lore

Rednik.3809

What is interesting, Rox’s head in these drawings looks more anatomically correct and harmonious than in the game.

25 charracters

in Lore

Posted by: Crome.5316

Crome.5316

My mind has already seen more iritating stuff.

Hybrid babys… reminds me on Monstergirls. But they have at least a human part.
Silvari and Char… a beautiful pacifist salad beast.
on the other hand.
Norn + Human… A big Human or small Norn. No one would really notice this hybrid.

But the thing with the Quaggan pillow talk… come on,… srsly????????!

in Lore

Leo G.4501

I was mainly thinking, after seeing the pics, will you be able to look at Rox and Braham the same afterwards?

I can, but then I always looked at them funny from the very beginning.

in Lore

Posted by: chris the concerer.2974

chris the concerer.2974

what if a male norn and a female asura did it best night ever for theme lol

in Lore

Posted by: Saelune.5316

Saelune.5316

A human/norn hybrid would be plausable Im sure…but it would just look like either a tall human, or short norn. The rest of the races though are too different so the lack of interracial babies isnt so far fetched. Sylvari dont breed though, and the way they work, all Sylvari players are children really.

in Lore

Leo G.4501

Yup, and you all are sick for thinking of Sylvari in a sexualized manner.

Now go type in Asura in rule 34 x_x

in Lore

Dustfinger.9510

A human/norn hybrid would be plausable Im sure…but it would just look like either a tall human, or short norn. The rest of the races though are too different so the lack of interracial babies isnt so far fetched. Sylvari dont breed though, and the way they work, all Sylvari players are children really.

Lore-wise, Human/Norn hybrids aren’t plausible because Norn are as different from humans as any other race. They aren’t just big humans, they are fairy tale giants. I linked the source from a-net earlier on this page

in Lore

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

No … Asura … Charr … Noooo!

Be torn in two by a charr, what horrible death!

same with norn!

End terrible!

What would you do with more Bookahs?

# Asura because I’m worth it!

in Lore

Rednik.3809

same with norn!

End terrible!

Any problems can be solved by the famous Asuran scientific genius!

25 charracters

in Lore

Posted by: Caerulei.7159

Caerulei.7159

Once again, people are talking about sex in my MMO…

Hybrids, lore-wise, are not possible, but Ree Soesbee herself did say that sylvari in particular are able to fall in love with ANYONE (gender and species be kitten ed). As far as other races, I think if one spends enough time in Lion’s Arch or the Pact one is likely to see various combinations of races interacting in a potentially intimate way. There are human women/men swooning over norns in almost every city, there are various examples of charr and sylvari being very friendly, and at times playful with one another, and on rare occasions, humans are charr are pushing down cultural barriers between one another, particularly in Fields of Ruin and Ashford.

And though it’s not in a romantic way, there is a charr cub and human girl in LA who have the sweetest dialogue together about being BFFs even if their parents forbid it. (and when puberty hits, who knows what could happen?)

Are interspecies relationships canon? Yes. Plausible even! Especially when you consider that all the races are sentient and being sentient can be deviant of cultural/sexual norms.

Encharrneer of first Foundation then Chronicles of Tyria.

in Lore

Leo G.4501

same with norn!

End terrible!

What would you do with more Bookahs?

Men are endowed differently by individual but also the proportionate size isn’t the same from species to species. Also, in the animal kingdom, cats are not well endowed but they have other sensual enhancements

For instance, a medium size male dog is straight up better endowed than a big cat whose body size is 6x bigger…

…not saying Charr are itty bitty but I wouldn’t go jumping to conclusions the other way either. As for Norn, if they vary similarly to humans, that wouldn’t quite make them all pr0n stars.

(edited by Leo G.4501)