Is Hero-Tron technically lionguard now?

in Lore

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

The Hero-tron has a come a long way. However is the golem still considered a member of the Consortium? His blackmail makes it so but what if someone has the excuse that he is a “free citizen of Lion’s arch” and a member of the Captain’s Council/lionguard? This got me thinking when I saw this bit of dialogue. Thoughts anyone?

Attachments:

in Lore

Posted by: Koviko.3248

Koviko.3248

Hero-tron is a free agent. He’s employed simultaneously by the Captain’s Council and Evon Gnashblade (though the latter not by choice). He was developed by the Consortium, but has since won his freedom from them.

in Lore

Posted by: PeterFries

PeterFries

Narrative Designer

Next

Slight correction: Hero-Tron wasn’t so much freed from the Consortium as “made redundant” at the end of Lost Shores. Hero-Tron is a very rare golem in our game in that it seems to be self-aware, and to have actually developed as a character from the smug corporate functionary that was mocking jobless refugee settlers in Southsun Cove.

in Lore

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

He reminds me a bit of the holographic doctor from Star Trek: Voyager, both started out as smug (the doctor less so though) but basically slaves to their programming and both developed a character on their own after being humbled by the reality of their new life situation.
Hhm that gives me an idea, how high are the chances to get Robert Picardo to voice a character in GW2? I know he does videogame voice overs on occasion.

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

in Lore

Posted by: Genesis.8572

Genesis.8572

Slight correction: Hero-Tron wasn’t so much freed from the Consortium as “made redundant” at the end of Lost Shores. Hero-Tron is a very rare golem in our game in that it seems to be self-aware, and to have actually developed as a character from the smug corporate functionary that was mocking jobless refugee settlers in Southsun Cove.

If golem sentience is rare, it makes me wonder who invented a golem of such rarity?

Will Hawkins (Human Guardian)
Feryl Grimsteel (Charr Engineer)
Tarnished Coast

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

You mean Last Stand (at Southsun).

The Lost Shores was the first instance of Southsun Cove… months before o-Tron (will he ever keep a name longer than a month!?) became a thing.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

eduardo.1436

The Lost Shores was the first instance of Southsun Cove… months before o-Tron (will he ever keep a name longer than a month!?) became a thing.

Like Peter Fries would say “A slight correction” XD and also:

Really? I never saw H-tron as a “sentient golem” rather following a simple programming: “find useful employment” and if that’s the case then o-tron was built without the sedative inhibitor that most golems posses. However what actually concerns me now is this: what about a consortium golem that has combat data files?

(edited by eduardo.1436)

in Lore

Posted by: PeterFries

Previous

PeterFries

Narrative Designer

Like Peter Fries would say “A slight correction” XD

Aw, you guys knew which Southsun thing I meant. They kind of blur together now, because I worked on both Lost Shores and Secret of Southsun. ;P

Really? I never saw H-tron as a “sentient golem” rather following a simple programming: “find useful employment” and if that’s the case then o-tron was built without the sedative inhibitor that most golems possess.

I guess it’s open for interpretation, but he’s definitely had some unique experiences.

in Lore

eduardo.1436

Like Peter Fries would say “A slight correction” XD

Aw, you guys knew which Southsun thing I meant. They kind of blur together now, because I worked on both Lost Shores and Secret of Southsun. ;P

Really? I never saw H-tron as a “sentient golem” rather following a simple programming: “find useful employment” and if that’s the case then o-tron was built without the sedative inhibitor that most golems possess.

I guess it’s open for interpretation, but he’s definitely had some unique experiences.

ok, but either way you (and others who developed the golem) wrote a fantastic character IMO and I cannot wait to see the future adventures of hero-tron. To that I salute you XD

<.<
>.>

psssst can we please have this? it would make everyone extremely happy thanks! :P
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Hero-tron/first#post5207500

(edited by eduardo.1436)

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I think the “fantastic character” is rather subjective. He has become, over time, one of the better developed ones. But I still find him relatively irritating.

I think it’s the constant name changing that bugs me most, though.

Yeah, I’m weird like that.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Koviko.3248

Koviko.3248

I think Hero-tron is a good example of how all interesting characters should be treated: every few months, something should happen. Something should change.

Right now, most characters have no events in their lives unless we, the player characters, are present. However, the Captain’s Council and Hero-tron have been unique in that even if we aren’t directly present, events still occur. I’d like to see this everywhere to make the world actually a living world.