Is scarlet the narrator behind battle for la?

in Lore

Posted by: Ricardo.5489

Ricardo.5489

Who’s doing the voice for the next patch coming out 4th march? Is it scarlet? Cuz it’s be weird to see her motivating us to regaining la back since she started all this!

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

It sounds like it’s the same narrator as the one who did Tequatl Rising and Twilight Assault narrations. Which is Julie Nathanson. Scarlet if voice acted by Tara Strong.

Why they continue the “creepy female narrator” idea for something that’s supposed to sound motivating is… beyond me.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Lore

Posted by: Ricardo.5489

Ricardo.5489

Def weird! With all the distortion in her voice i was thinking: " What… now kitting scarlet wants la taken back?"

:/

Someone from the Council, Elen, the biconics… any would be better than this threathning-like voice!

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Yeah. this distorted, underwater, voice that is supposed to “encourage” us to get LA back somehow did not do the job…

As long as they haven`t hidden something in the distortion it is just cringeworthy to hear.
Was the mic broken, did the sound designer let the intern on it or is there a reason for that?

Seriously, i wish they would stop with these “stupid”, foreboding, creepy and in the end not justified narations in their trailers.

If it is an call to arms. Do a call to arms…

in Lore

Posted by: moomooo.9357

moomooo.9357

Agreed. A rallying speech by Ellen Kiel(that could be reused ingame for the event) with the same panoramas would’ve been much more exciting. Oh well.

in Lore

Posted by: Eluveitie.1290

Eluveitie.1290

A much more exciting trailer would’ve been, as others say, a motivational speech by some iconic characters. Everyone rushing in and fight scenes. Perhaps even a little teaser of a loud noise (the drill breaching finally through the last layer of ground, for example) while making a camera panel of it, and ending it there.

This trailer was plainly boring, unattractive and disjointed from what it should be. The “creepy” distorted voices are getting really old and seem to be aimed towards kids.

I think they were aiming for a suspense, tense-vibe, calm before the storm trailer. But failed to deliver such.

Here’s hoping it’s not what the actual update will end up like.