Isgarren's Flying Castle

Isgarren's Flying Castle

in Lore

Posted by: lorddavito.2395

lorddavito.2395

So.. I’m not trying to dig up old lore, but this is just one part of the game that has always fascinated me.

I’m a GW1 vet. and I know the castle was there also, even tho it had another location..

The fact that we all found this castle in gw2 again just gotta have some hidden Lore behind it, right?

I’ve been watching the WoodenPotatoes video about it, but still, there is no 100% proof of who’s in there..

My #1 tought goes out to Verata.

Let me know what you guys think and I hope to see this discussion gets some nice feedback!

-Sâmbuca

Isgarren's Flying Castle

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Barely nothing is actually known about it still. There are different sorts of speculation on the matter, but since they isn’t much to actually back them up, we can’t really make a guess on whether or not they might be anywhere near true at all.

Isgarren's Flying Castle

in Lore

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I also read somewhere there is no plans to develop the lore more, since somethings are better left to speculation and imagination – ie it would lose its air of mystery if anything was revealed about it.

Makes you wonder though..

Isgarren's Flying Castle

in Lore

Posted by: lorddavito.2395

lorddavito.2395

Makes it only worse for me, ye! haha

Eversince gw1 i’ve wondered..

-Sâmbuca

Isgarren's Flying Castle

in Lore

Posted by: saventis.1485

saventis.1485

if youv listened to WP then u probs heard him say that it was probably going to be a dungeon before they game came out
(i think one of the maps in one of the books shows there is meant to be a dungeon around there)
so they probably had a lot of the external assets done and decided that perhaps they would come back to it later.
though with how the game has progressed it dosnt look very likely that it will happen any time soon.

so keen to find out more though, i had wondered way back in gw1 as well… kitten

Isgarren's Flying Castle

in Lore

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I really don’t like it when developers put seemingly lore significant elements in a video game, then do absolutely nothing with it.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Isgarren's Flying Castle

in Lore

saventis.1485

I really don’t like it when developers put seemingly lore significant elements in a video game, then do absolutely nothing with it.

i know what u mean but it paves the way for the future
for instance
the polymock arena has existed since beta, but only now with HoT are they releasing it

those things are like seeds of stories that may eventually be explained

I do like the fact that the world is so rich i just wish we knew more about it

Isgarren's Flying Castle

in Lore

the polymock arena has existed since beta, but only now with HoT are they releasing it.

Is this confirmed? I have not heard anything about Polymock being included in HoT.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Isgarren's Flying Castle

in Lore

saventis.1485

yea im pretty sure i heard it in that poi that talked about adventures… the one pop, our lord and saviour was in

Isgarren's Flying Castle

in Lore

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

yea im pretty sure i heard it in that poi that talked about adventures… the one pop, our lord and saviour was in

I don’t think Polymock specifically was mentioned. Target shooting was mentioned though (which was another example of an activity before GW2 was launched but which never made it into the game).

Isgarren's Flying Castle

in Lore

Posted by: Cirian.8917

Cirian.8917

I’m reminded of a shop in the Final Fantasy 7 town of Mideel. Inside the shop, there is a locked door and if you fool with it the owner catches you and you basically act innocent.

Now, outside the shop you can find an old key between some floorboards in the walkway. It might fit that locked door, right? So you take the key and try it in the lock, but the key breaks and the owner catches you again. Sheepishly, you try to explain that you were messing with the door to see what lies beyond.

At this the shop owner laughs and there is a 4th wall moment with the level designer, who speaks through the shop owner. He says that there is nothing behind the door, that it exists only create an illusion of a bigger world, that it is there to make people wonder what is behind it. The world would feel smaller if the door were not there, even though in fact the world is not any bigger for its existance.

Isgarren’s tower is the same as the door. It exists to make people wonder what’s inside.

Isgarren's Flying Castle

in Lore

Posted by: Michael.8562

Michael.8562

… Isgarren’s tower is the same as the door. It exists to make people wonder what’s inside.

That’s wonderful Cirian – and I absolutely agree. I love looking up at the castle from the vista and wondering what’s going on up there. I’m glad there are still opportunities to use out imaginations and create our own storyline as we go along in the game.

Isgarren's Flying Castle

in Lore

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Maybe that’s where all the horses are. Watching. Planning. Waiting for the right moment…

The table is a fable.

Isgarren's Flying Castle

in Lore

Posted by: watergenji.5816

watergenji.5816

I don’t know. After watching WoodenPotatoes’ video on it, I like to think that the Asura have some significant link to that castle, and perhaps even Isgarren himself. And I’m not speaking of the Inquest, either. The banner you see inside an Asuran hideout (which can only be explored using a login glitch) located in the cliffside of the little town clearly displays a Statics College symbol. I did a little digging since I forgot what the three colleges of Asuran society each engaged in, and I found that the Statics college is responsible for constructing and utilizing levitating lodestones. Hmmmm…. I do believe that ArenaNet has something planned for this location since they have so many assets already in the game in this little town. I believe it’s meant to be more than just an object that inspires wonder and imagination, but to each his own. :P

Isgarren's Flying Castle

in Lore

saventis.1485

see i think those asura are just there because they too really want to know whats going on in that bloody castle

Isgarren's Flying Castle

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Quick note- the secret base is an Arcane Eye facility, one raided in the course of the personal story. They used it to hold a… political prisoner, essentially, and it is possible that that’s all the place was for, with no connection to the tower.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

Isgarren's Flying Castle

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

And it is stated that the Arcane Eye has quite a few secret facilities spread in remote areas, to stay form prying eyes. There’s another one in Gendarran Fields, part of the asura PS that choose Vigil.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Isgarren's Flying Castle

in Lore

Posted by: watergenji.5816

watergenji.5816

Wait. What personal story is this in? Now I’m curious.

Isgarren's Flying Castle

in Lore

I believe it’s the Asura personal story if you choose to join the vigil. Don’t qoute me on that though.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Isgarren's Flying Castle

in Lore

Posted by: TheFool.4589

TheFool.4589

Maybe it will be a future dungeon….how cool would that be??

Isgarren's Flying Castle

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

The one in Garrenhoff, I think, is raided on both parts of it’s particular branch- Vigil or Whispers, I believe. Every asura will be routed through it at some point. The one under Applenook, as Windu notes, is in the asura mission to join the Vigil.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

Isgarren's Flying Castle

in Lore

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

Consider.
its also dead center of all the dragons. Dead center between Lions arch, southshore cove, and the Tower of Nightmares.

Isgarren's Flying Castle

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Consider.
its also dead center of all the dragons. Dead center between Lions arch, southshore cove, and the Tower of Nightmares.

Not really. Kralk was last seen far to the southeast in the Crystal Desert, Bubbles is somewhere in the deep ocean far away as well, and Primordus is who knows where.

Isgarren's Flying Castle

in Lore

Posted by: Temujin.7356

Temujin.7356

What would be fascinating is if we could hang-glide up there. I believe its an enchanted place removed from time, perhaps the abandoned chronomancer storyline? Those are now called aetherblades so who knows what the Wizard’s Tower is (Guild Hall cough cough).

Isgarren's Flying Castle

in Lore

Posted by: Maethor.2810

Maethor.2810

I believe it’s the Asura personal story if you choose to join the vigil. Don’t qoute me on that though.

It’s part of the Asura’s level 30 story arc where you help the three orders. If you choose Batanga/Whispers she’ll take you there.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Protest_Too_Much

~Signe Grimsdottir | Wynne Everheart | Magiere Massing~
The Archivist’s Sanctum [Lore] – Just Us Grown-Ups [JUGS]

Isgarren's Flying Castle

in Lore

It’s part of the Asura’s level 30 story arc where you help the three orders. If you choose Batanga/Whispers she’ll take you there.

True but I was talking about the secret base in Gandarren Fields, not the secret base in Kessex Hills

~Sincerely, Scissors

Isgarren's Flying Castle

in Lore

Posted by: Maethor.2810

Maethor.2810

True but I was talking about the secret base in Gandarren Fields, not the secret base in Kessex Hills

Point. Difficult to tell which you were referring to with both being talked about

But you are correct about Gendarren! After joining the Vigil as an Asura you get to go to the spot below an old farmhouse in the northwest area of Cornucopian Fields.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rakt_and_Ruin

~Signe Grimsdottir | Wynne Everheart | Magiere Massing~
The Archivist’s Sanctum [Lore] – Just Us Grown-Ups [JUGS]