Justiciar Hablion v.a. different in GW1 & GW2

in Lore

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

So anyone who has played Guild Wars (1) knows and remembers Justiciar Hablion, if i remember correctly, Steve Blum aka Rytlock voiced Hablion back then, which was why Hablion was a cool enemy with attitude. So my question is, since Steve Blum still voices Rytlock in GW2, why was Justiciar Hablion’s voice actor been changed, its not like he has alot of lines to say, it was just nice to bring him back only now hes not the same…FeelsBadMan…..sigh….some of us remember the days of GW1 and can only reminisce.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Might’ve been an availability thing? It sounded in the reddit AMA like they thought to include Hablion after the major story elements were already set, so maybe Blum had already been in and out to do Rytlock’s part.

The problem with this sort of question is that is has us speculating on potentially hundreds of unknown factors that go into their company decisions, most of which we don’t even know exist unless they pull back the curtains for us. Even if someone does stumble on the reason, it’s like hitting a bullseye blindfolded… and then not being able to take the blindfold off to find out.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

J envy.5270

i understand that the devs have reasons, it would just be nice if a dev can clear it up. I’m sure Anet knows who voiced Hablion and know more about Hablion’s lore than any of us, its just sad that something as simple as this was not done right. It maybe minor, and most players may not notice it, but it would have been nice to have consistency.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05

in Lore

Posted by: Mental Paradox.3845

Mental Paradox.3845

I felt the same way. I remember all of Hablion’s lines from GW1 by heart. It was Steve Blum’s voice that made him sound bad*ss. Now he sounds a little… wimpy?

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Not to mention repeatative.

Too similar to “Your weakness makes me laugh” there, with his two lines in the whole 10 minutes (at least it feels that way)…

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

J envy.5270

Your weakness makes me laugh? lol isn’t that from snowblind fractal…..i don’t even know what hablion says i just hate his unREAL voice.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I believe his line said every 15 seconds is “For the glory of the White Mantle and Unseen Ones!”

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

i really wish they make the white mantle soldier armor back instead of using the phalanx skin. but i guess they cant make they because WM armor has capes

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

The capes weren’t part of the old armor, actually (there were even designs under the capes that many hadn’t known about until WiK featured some without the capes!).

I would love to see those return, even if as just oufits like the monk outfit.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

J envy.5270

did i hear capes? hey who doesn’t like BUTT capes anyway lol. if you don’t like capes buy outfits that do, they get no clipping MOSTLY??? but then again your way LESS original, mix n match armors or go home!!!

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05

in Lore

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

i understand that the devs have reasons, it would just be nice if a dev can clear it up. I’m sure Anet knows who voiced Hablion and know more about Hablion’s lore than any of us, its just sad that something as simple as this was not done right. It maybe minor, and most players may not notice it, but it would have been nice to have consistency.

Hell, they even gave him a crappy generic avatar. Just look at the mini pet, man was I disappointed in that. We Cauddy get a new get up but not Hablion?

in Lore

J envy.5270

Yeh, idk why they brought him back but changed him to a generic avatar and having different voice. when they have the original voice actor playing a different character in their game….Sometimes anet’s decisions don’t make any sense…sigh

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

The generic avatar makes sense – they weren’t going to make a new appearance for a small-time figure would they, and it’s actually a story point in some events that the White Mantle’s appearance has changed over time (no doubt to accomodate the fact that they’ve been hiding in the shadows for that time). Though I think they should have used the model used for the guys in Aurora Remains but with the new solid blue/black ghost look.

The voice, does not. Even at the very least they could have taken some lines from GW1.

Dear ANet writers,

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)